ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Catalunya's (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/569361-catalunyas.html)

B9GLY 28 December 2006 06:06 PM

Catalunya's

How many are still on the road??

are these a decent buy now and what sort of spec did they come with, ie bhp/torque, brakes etc did they have any prodrive goodies??

thanks

DCR59 28 December 2006 06:24 PM

There was 200 made, so maybe still 170 or so still about.
Came with Black Mica paint, and gold alloys, but still 15's.
Seats had red inserts instead of grey, and that was about it, compared to the standard MY97 UK Turbo's.
No difference in power / brakes, etc.

LUCKO 28 December 2006 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by DCR59
There was 200 made, so maybe still 170 or so still about.
Came with Black Mica paint, and gold alloys, but still 15's.
Seats had red inserts instead of grey, and that was about it, compared to the standard MY97 UK Turbo's.
No difference in power / brakes, etc.

different dashboard :wonder:

Nick_Cat 28 December 2006 06:37 PM

The dash had carbon effect around the dials and a numbered plaque.
For further detials see:

Subaru Impreza Catalunya register :: The Subaru Impreza Drivers Club :: SIDC

I have #195. The cat's are pretty much UK turbo 2000s but with the different interior and paint/wheels. Probably worth a few hundred more than a UK car of that year.
If you're after a UK classic then a cat or terzo does allow you to stand out from the crowd.

HTH
Nick

B9GLY 28 December 2006 06:45 PM

seen one at a garage with 80kmiles and its up at £4495, meant to be great condition, is thst worth it??

Nick_Cat 28 December 2006 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by B9GLY
seen one at a garage with 80kmiles and its up at £4495, meant to be great condition, is thst worth it??

That's not a bad price for a dealer for one of these, esp if its has FSH and they will throw in a decent warranty. The dealer might come down a few hundred given the time of year. If it is in 'great condition' and you can get a few hundred off then I'd say it is a fair price. However, there are those that will say for a grand more you can get a very late classic.

I'd certainly go along and have a look if the garage isn't too far to travel.

Nick

Nick_Cat 28 December 2006 07:07 PM

Just done a RAC vehicle check (found it on Auto trader, I assume it is the one at Adamsons Sports and Performance Cars) and it has had 6 previous owners, which is quite a few and would have a negative affect on resale value.

You also wonder why it hasn't been held on to considering it is a ltd edition?

Nick

Ryo 28 December 2006 07:14 PM

Anyone got a photo of the dash in one of these?

muly 28 December 2006 07:20 PM

some pics and info here mate Steve's Eta Tauri Site - The Unofficial Subaru Impreza Resource -

Nick_Cat 28 December 2006 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ryo
Anyone got a photo of the dash in one of these?

Autotrader - SUBARU Impreza 2.0 Turbo Catalunya 4WD

B9GLY 28 December 2006 07:52 PM

yeah it is at adamsons! i have had 2 cars off him before so should be able to get a good deal! 6 owners in 10years isnt that bad though is it??

i used to own a MY99 uk turbo, what are these like performance wise compared to the cat?? and what turbo do they use, TD04???

Nick_Cat 29 December 2006 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by B9GLY
yeah it is at adamsons! i have had 2 cars off him before so should be able to get a good deal! 6 owners in 10years isnt that bad though is it??

i used to own a MY99 uk turbo, what are these like performance wise compared to the cat?? and what turbo do they use, TD04???

Some people get funny about number of owners and insist on one/two owner cars, others go on the overall condition. However, in general the higher the number it does have has a bearing on value and how easy it is sell on. You would be the 7th and this would probably be seen as on the high side.

The cat does have the TD04 and 208 bhp as standard, did the MY99 have 215?

Nick

catalunya199again 29 December 2006 10:51 AM

yeah the year after the cat is when they did the facelift on the bumper,interior and put the power to 215bhp, with a few choice mods like any classic they can move with the best but as there limited it just sounds better owning a limited edition.

please dont ask what car i have its insulting just look at the name:lol1:

mine has 320bhp and 313lbs of torque but feels alot stronger than that:notworthy

catalunya199again 29 December 2006 10:53 AM

i now have an sti8 scoop but on a works computer so cant get into my files

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g_dave_129.jpg