ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Any Private Areas around??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/568997-any-private-areas-around.html)

type.r 27 December 2006 12:51 PM

Any Private Areas around???

Hi all, Trying to do some research is there any places where a load of mates can get their motors out and have a laugh without being a nusense and stay legal.

Any Airfields etc etc??
I am near Gatwick Airport but we can travel, so Surrey/London/ Sussex etc etc

Any recomendation will be greatly appreciated, and if you can get me some contact details too.. common its christmas ;)

type.r 27 December 2006 02:47 PM

anyone? there must be someone who knows.. common share your secrets

EVOLUTION 27 December 2006 03:00 PM

i dont think your likely to get much sensible interest in this thread TBH.

looking at it from a sensible point of view, what you could be looking to do could be seen as wreckless driving, possibly even dangerous driving and there for illegal hence the reason for wanting to do it on private land. There are issues like public liability insurance and things like that.

That said, go find a beach at night, we did, but make sure the tide is out first eh lol

or if your still willing to travel, there is an old MOD WW II runway near me, its in alnwick, northumberland, bit of a hike though lol

donnas roo 27 December 2006 04:17 PM

why dont you join the local club, you really don't want to be meeting at these grounds, there are all sorts of people there. {not saying that they are all dishonnest, but i used to go to them meeting points and i got followed back home and my house got raided for the keys to my 03 STi, think about how many people can gain access to your qoutes.

Trust me its not a nice experience when you have got three masked people in your home with stooters when your kids are in their beds asleep, all because of owning a fast and desirable car.:wonder:

Mr Leigh 27 December 2006 04:38 PM

Bruntingthorpe, just for the kind of thing you are after.

Sprint Chief 27 December 2006 05:29 PM

Just to warn you...

This anti-car government passed legislation a few years back that means you can get done for dangerous driving on private land, even if you have the consent of the landowner. So you won't be "staying legal".

The event must be officially sanctioned (which things like motorsport meetings and trackdays are) to avoid this ruling.

powerman1 27 December 2006 06:20 PM

Hyde Park corner on New Years eve should cause a stir

nec 27 December 2006 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by powerman1
Hyde Park corner on New Years eve should cause a stir

i'll meet you there:lol1:

type.r 28 December 2006 10:26 AM

well we have a few drifty type cars, and afew drag cars! we wanted to be out of the way of the public and stay legal. we wanted to test/play with sti 8 running 350 Evo 8 running 386 M3 cs and a TVR cerbera 419hp!
also 2x 325i coupes and an astra turbo!! oh n s2000! oh and a sti type r v4
we will pay not a prob but assumed its legal once the owner has said yes!

RON 28 December 2006 12:09 PM

Sounds to me like you need to do a group booking for a trackday......

Want Best STI 28 December 2006 12:17 PM

reading?
i think there is an airfield n st albans.. people drift there