ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Any oldies on here ever have a "punk" name? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/568074-any-oldies-on-here-ever-have-a-punk-name.html)

Bubba po 21 December 2006 11:35 PM

Any oldies on here ever have a "punk" name?

When punk music came out, a lot of punks took on punk names as their aliases, similar to Sid Vicious, Johnny Rotten, Poly Styrene etc. I was a bit late for that trend, but the missis had "Molly Cule" for a short while, and one of our mates was (and still is) "Goz Anarchy". :lol1:

andythejock01wrx 21 December 2006 11:38 PM

I was only 9 (LOL), so no nickname. I did think they were "cool", although as I recall that word hadn't yet seeped it's way across from the Yanks at that point.

unclebuck 21 December 2006 11:42 PM

Crisis

That's me - with my arse to the camera. :lol1:

I was known as - the cleaner - :notworthy

Bubba po 21 December 2006 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Crisis

That's me - with my arse to the camera. :lol1:

For once, they got your best side. :D

unclebuck 21 December 2006 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
For once, they got your best side. :D

As I remember it, the irony was supposed to be that I was really the drummer....

:wonder: :lol1:

Shark Man 22 December 2006 12:03 AM

Nataz, more of a thrash/heavy metal thing though as punk had long gone. There was some guy called Mantis and another called the Judge.

Bladdy schoolkids eh? :lol1:

Trout 22 December 2006 12:04 AM

I once won a prize for pogoing to the Stranglers.

I didn't have a groovy pseudonym though :)

Bubba po 22 December 2006 12:08 AM

My missis has just walked in from the pub and reminded me that she also used to be called "Nell Pogo" :lol1:

hectic 22 December 2006 12:09 AM

bloody hell, 'Buck.. I remember the 'Crass'.... used to sign anything i 'had' to write on as Ben 'E' Ficial....

Bubba po 22 December 2006 12:15 AM

Manda used to fancy "Dee Generate" out of Eater, but she was twelve and he was fourteen. :D

hectic 22 December 2006 12:27 AM

Met Polly Styrene at the filming of 'Revolver' at the old ATV studio's in Brum.. ( amongst others) .. got her to sign the t-shirt I was wearing at the time..

ian_sadler 22 December 2006 01:51 AM

Nope I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to young lol

Scoobychick 22 December 2006 09:34 AM

Polly Styrene and X-Ray Specs, I used to play their album over and over and over and over again much to my parent's (and neighbours :eek: ) pleasure :D

I didn't have a punk name but used to wear a razor blade earring and thought I was well cool, I was only about 14 at the time :rolleyes: A few years later when I became a New Romantic I went around calling myself Emily Grey which I thought went well with my silver grey hairdo. Oh the shame :o

SJ_Skyline 22 December 2006 09:39 AM

Never had you down as a New Romantic Sal. I thought you hated Duran Duran? ;)

Scoobychick 22 December 2006 09:46 AM

I did, they were uncool, I had to take my little sister to the Hammersmith Odeon to see them, I hated every minute of it as I thought it was ruining my image :rolleyes: :D

I once posted a pic of me as a New Romantic on here but took it down fairly quickly :D

After my New Romantic phase I became a Rockabilly then a Psychobilly :lol1: Oh the fun that was the eighties :o

Leslie 22 December 2006 03:08 PM

What is your definition of an Oldy!

Les

STi-Frenchie 22 December 2006 04:10 PM

Yup, "The Rat"