ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tag Heuer Watch Service (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/567820-tag-heuer-watch-service.html)

Kiwi 20 December 2006 09:10 PM

Tag Heuer Watch Service

Can anyone recommend a company to service a Tag Heuer Automatic ?

Kiwi

Maz 20 December 2006 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kiwi
Can anyone recommend a company to service a Tag Heuer Automatic ?

Kiwi

Show off!:rolleyes: :D

GC8 20 December 2006 09:40 PM

Duval in Manchester; I wouldnt let anyone else touch it if I were you.

talizman 20 December 2006 10:12 PM

Watches of Switzerland do mine. Branches in Glasgow, Manchester, London, Cardiff and Birmingham.

swtmerce 20 December 2006 10:38 PM

Many years ago when I had a TAG (in fact I still have it, I just don't wear it) I went to my local quality jeweller and they sent it back to TAG because they said they all have to go back there (:wonder: may be bull, may not be the case now). That was for a replacement battery. Anyway, when it came back it had also been serviced with scratches removed from the bracelet and the 'glow in the dark' bit on the bezel repainted - all as part of the service. Couldn't ask for more!

GC8 20 December 2006 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by talizman
Watches of Switzerland do mine. Branches in Glasgow, Manchester, London, Cardiff and Birmingham.

They send it to Duval in Manchester.....

James Neill 21 December 2006 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by GC8
Duval in Manchester; I wouldnt let anyone else touch it if I were you.

Is there a web site contact details? Couldn't find them in Google

Bug Eyed Peas 21 December 2006 08:24 AM

Found this for you. Don`t know if its them or not.
Lvmh Watch & Jewellery (U K) Ltd.

Address: Duval House
16 - 18 Harcourt Street
Worsley
Manchester

M28 3GN

Telephone: 01204-861168

davegtt 21 December 2006 09:01 AM

Yup, your all right, send it to them in Manchester and all they do is send it off to Tag directly. I sent mine off mid september and still not got it back :mad: Im getting used to not wearing a watch again now :mad:

Saying that though they have sent me a christmas card this year :rolleyes: :D

hutton_d 21 December 2006 09:46 AM

Dunno where you are kimwi but I'm in Berkshire and I send mine off through Goldsmiths in Reading. They're a TAG dealer but, as others have said, they send them back to TAG, even for batteries. That's because the seals need checking and replacing properly etc. They also check out anything else that appears to be a problem. Had mine done this year and it was about £40 for a battery .... good job it only needs one every few years. Took about 3 weeks I seem to remember.

The service costs about £120 - as mine works fine I gave that a miss!

Dave

Terzo 333 29 December 2006 05:46 PM

I took my Tag in for a new battery (its needed one for over a year) They said it needs servicing as the battery has leaked :confused:

I'm like, WTF, I only want a replacement battery...£10 tops I thought...

(Should mention it was Goldsmiths that were going to do it, but they wouldn't guarantee that it would be re-sealed)

Are they trying it on ?

Nat 29 December 2006 06:04 PM

What would TAG do to a Quartz watch other than replace the battery,reseal/pressure test it and give it a clean when they "service" it? :confused:

talizman 29 December 2006 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
I took my Tag in for a new battery (its needed one for over a year) They said it needs servicing as the battery has leaked :confused:

I'm like, WTF, I only want a replacement battery...£10 tops I thought...

(Should mention it was Goldsmiths that were going to do it, but they wouldn't guarantee that it would be re-sealed)

Are they trying it on ?

I take it you got your Tag from a coloured gentleman with a suitcase full, in Turkey or the Canary Isles since you got Goldsmiths to work on it? :D

RIGPIG 29 December 2006 09:32 PM

Just had my Tag serviced through Watches of Switzerland at the 3 year point = £180.

Was told it went back to Tag,So that's why it took over 6 weeks to do...!

Terzo 333 29 December 2006 10:19 PM

I take it you got your Tag from a coloured gentleman with a suitcase full, in Turkey or the Canary Isles since you got Goldsmiths to work on it? :D

Lucky lucky he give me good price ;)

FWIW it's a genuine ;)

stevebennett 29 December 2006 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Dunno where you are kimwi but I'm in Berkshire and I send mine off through Goldsmiths in Reading. They're a TAG dealer but, as others have said, they send them back to TAG, even for batteries. That's because the seals need checking and replacing properly etc. They also check out anything else that appears to be a problem. Had mine done this year and it was about £40 for a battery .... good job it only needs one every few years. Took about 3 weeks I seem to remember.

The service costs about £120 - as mine works fine I gave that a miss!

Dave

Exactly the same as i have been told by 2 Tag dealers watches have to go back to Tag in Switzerland. I was quote £89 for my watch.

KJD Mk1 30 December 2006 02:45 PM

Not had a service on my Monaco yet but a new leather strap was £120:cry:

Paul3446 30 December 2006 02:53 PM

£180 and six weeks to service a watch. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

What a sad world we live in. :Whatever_

Alas 30 December 2006 03:03 PM

Thats why I have a Tag SEL Auto. Will get it serviced when timekeeping gets bad or it stops. None of this battery rubbish:D

Chip 30 December 2006 03:45 PM

I take it you got your Tag from a coloured gentleman with a suitcase full

Wow that guy must get around. He sold me one this year on the beach in Estepona:)

Chip