ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   RR Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/567819-rr-sport.html)

J4CKO 20 December 2006 09:08 PM

RR Sport

Nice, but is it just me or are there millions of them about ?, seems like every other car is a black one round here, parked in Sainsburys were, on my way to the car, about 40 yards, three black ones and a silver one !

sti-04!! 20 December 2006 09:16 PM

One of the main reasons why i chose the Cayenne over the RR sport.

AudiLover 20 December 2006 10:55 PM

Because the scum loves them, the bleach blonde wifes love em and the wannabe gangstas love em. Oh and their cheap thats why the scum can afford em. Just wait till lenders increase the rates again and more and more people go bankrupt :lol1:

Dracoro 20 December 2006 11:41 PM

Why get the 'sport? get the proper range rover.

paulwrxboro 21 December 2006 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Because the scum loves them, the bleach blonde wifes love em and the wannabe gangstas love em. Oh and their cheap thats why the scum can afford em. Just wait till lenders increase the rates again and more and more people go bankrupt :lol1:

you call 40k cheap ? you must be loaded
BTW i love em :D

ARRON BIRD 21 December 2006 02:51 PM

BNLING BLING.................

I have a new twin turbo V8 diesel coming March 1st. ;)
I dont think £55K is cheap.:confused:
It is the best looking and handling vehicle in its class and the new diesel is the bo11ox!!
You have to be at least 50 to drive a FSRR.
Oh and black IS the colour.

Matteeboy 21 December 2006 03:18 PM

Hmmm - The new V8 diesel does sound like it will be a winner.
I think it pips the VW V10 diesel for torque.

Duck_Pond 21 December 2006 04:18 PM

Hardly cheap! My brother works in a RR dealership and people can't get them for love nor money. Apparently the new V8 diesel is fantastic too.

Bugs me - for the last few years people have slated RRs for being farmers' cars... so RR bring out a sporty one, and the same people are now moaning that they're too flashy.

IMO they're the best looking of all the SUVs out there, including the new Audi and the bloated Porker.

I had a ride in the new Freelander at the weekend too - miles better than the last version - genuinely looks like a baby RR. Very nice interior too, and comfortable.

stilover 21 December 2006 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond

IMO they're the best looking of all the SUVs out there, including the new Audi and the bloated Porker.

Agreed. If my numbers come up, my every day car will be a RR Sport. Best looking and coolest SUV by far. X5's and Cayenne's may be better handling, and faster, but the RR Sport is deffo the coolest.

Tilly 21 December 2006 04:55 PM

lol at RR sports being cheap, what a load of b*llocks! Noone bothers with anything but HSE's and an 07MY HSE is £47300 on the road, you're talking like £700 a month on a 4 year lease purchase, how on earth is that "cheap"

J4CKO 21 December 2006 06:05 PM

I dont see them as cool now tbh, they are good looking and imposing but cool, no. No SUV is cool, cool suggests something different not something that common. It did look cool when it first came out though.

A Maserati is cool, an MK2 Jag is cool, Bikes are cool.

sti-04!! 21 December 2006 06:32 PM

A Hummer H2 is cool ................................. in my sons eyes :D

Matteeboy 21 December 2006 06:49 PM

I think you'd struggle to find a more expensive vehicle to run than an RR.

Vicious depreciation, vast running and fuel costs and constant vandalism from tree huggers...!

AudiLover 21 December 2006 07:45 PM

lol and suv being cool. the car is being bought for all the wrong reasons which makes it so uncool, especially seein as its uncool people who mostly drive em. Cool people dont need a car to help make them seem "cool"

And you can pick up a RR for 30 odd grand which is cheap for a non american 2 ton vehicle. Shame about its build quality and reliability though., Spose you get what you pay for.

Duck_Pond 21 December 2006 07:51 PM

Al - I assume you're now driving a top of the range RS4 to consider £30,000 to be "cheap" :lol1:

HankScorpio 21 December 2006 07:53 PM

Quite liked the look of these until I saw a couple at a motorshow.
The front grille, side vents, door handles etc (all the silver bits) were made from the cheapest, nastiest plastic going. Put me right off (not that I could afford one anyway :D )

ARRON BIRD 22 December 2006 09:55 AM

The V8 has a huge waiting list now and I`m fairly confident that it will hold its money pretty well.
it will certainly devalue the V6 kinda glad I dont have one of those and the big petrol full size Range will drop out of bed too as everyone wants the new mota!!
Me I cant wait to throw big sovs away every month on me Chelsea tractor.
Bring it on!!! ;)

ADY 555 22 December 2006 11:05 AM

Take a look on pistonheads plenty available on there, anyway the RR Sport is the next big vehicle to be targeted by twoc-ers i know of three that have been stolen by asian men and every other one you see on the road is being driven by a coloured person, having said that i'm considering getting one myself.

ARRON BIRD 22 December 2006 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by ADY 555
Take a look on pistonheads plenty available on there, anyway the RR Sport is the next big vehicle to be targeted by twoc-ers i know of three that have been stolen by asian men and every other one you see on the road is being driven by a coloured person, having said that i'm considering getting one myself.

No ACTUAL cars in Piston Heads.....think its more of a case of advertising but not having!!!
there ar eno cars about trust me.

J4CKO 22 December 2006 06:48 PM

They do look impressive, just a lot of them about, and also has anyone else noticed the gubbins under the back axle is about six inches of the road, I know it has the sport tag but its also an off roader.

ADY 555 23 December 2006 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ARRON BIRD
No ACTUAL cars in Piston Heads.....think its more of a case of advertising but not having!!!
there ar eno cars about trust me.

Thats strange, i went to my local dealer on 22/12/06 and they've just offered me a cancled order for feb delivery, but you are right if you want a brand new one you have to join the queue, but shop around and you might get lucky. ;)

J4CKO 23 December 2006 11:10 AM

So there are going to be thousands more then !

ARRON BIRD 23 December 2006 05:10 PM

Thats strange, i went to my local dealer on 22/12/06 and they've just offered me a cancled order for feb delivery, but you are right if you want a brand new one you have to join the queue, but shop around and you might get lucky. ;)

What a brand new Sport td V8 HSE.
I think not unless its an import.
Oh and probably over list.

ARRON BIRD 23 December 2006 05:12 PM

Oh and I ordered mine in October and was told mid Jan now coming I`m told mid Feb but not holding my breath as there have been problems with supply of the new engine they are all going into the full size range first!!!

zilch 24 December 2006 08:41 AM

Now the proud owner of a RRS TdV6 for the last 9 months, and in Sydney it is still a head turner, X.5 and Porkers a plenty, more so than RR Sports, in fact more so than Fords in terms of the X5 :)

I Enjoy the sport as much as the 3 scoobs (98 UK turbo, UK300 PPP and XT2.5)

As for TdV6 it will be interesting to see in terms of resale value, the TDV8 is not replacing it, in OZ the TDV8 is over 8000 Pounds more expensive ($20K Aus), so the V6 diesels may hold their own in terms of entry level units.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h/76d4eb9e.jpg

Cheers

Jim
Ex Wycombe and South Bucks

Petem95 24 December 2006 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
Al - I assume you're now driving a top of the range RS4 to consider £30,000 to be "cheap" :lol1:

Audilover drives an RS4 and has a 3.2 TT convertible for when the sun shines - so hes in a good position to be critical of everything....

oh hang on, no he doesnt he drives a Volvo S40 (snigger) and probably hasnt even ever owned or driven an Audi... ;)

CooperS 26 December 2006 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Petem95
Audilover drives an RS4 and has a 3.2 TT convertible for when the sun shines - so hes in a good position to be critical of everything....

oh hang on, no he doesnt he drives a Volvo S40 (snigger) and probably hasnt even ever owned or driven an Audi... ;)

Owned!