ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Focus RS when? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/56752-focus-rs-when.html)

RA29 29 November 2001 06:38 AM

When does the Focus RS get released in the UK?
Is it out yet?

Looks like a nice car with pretty interior and certainly looks better than the new impreza but with less performance.

MikesWagon 29 November 2001 01:17 PM

Last I heard was sometime around March 2002.

Agree with you on the looks - it looks even better in the flesh

Performance wise, probably not much in it as long as roads are dry.

Mike.

Shaun 29 November 2001 03:10 PM

It has approx the same performance as the Scooby, but don't forget it is only 2wd, so should be quicker in a straight line. It also uses a Quaiffe ATB front diff, which is meant to be amazing at controlling the torque and wheel spin.

quick01snake 01 December 2001 11:47 PM

a focus spinning the wheels, is it anything like the US focus SVT? i didn't think they had that much power. i prefer v8 and rwd

JohnD 02 December 2001 05:26 PM

My son, Chris has had one on order since June and despite E-mails to Andy Barratt Ford appear to be totally non-commital. As the launch of the ST170 is due for Feb/March, I reckon you won`t see the RS till well after that? Having sold his Saph.Cos. in Sept. in anticipation of late 2001/early2002 delivery he is, quite understandably, getting a bit pissed off and has decided to put an order in for the new STi UK Needless to say as a Scoob owner I am totally and completly envious. (I`m considering kicking him out of the house so he can`t afford it!)
JohnD

JohnD 18 December 2001 06:17 PM

Has anyone got any more news or information on this car? Chris seems as if he has decided to hang on for it but I have a feeling he could be in for a long wait. The longer it goes on the less confidence I have in it. I still think he should have kicked it into touch and ordered the Scoob STi! (and he can stay at home and sponge off Ma `n Pa for a bit longer!)
JohnD

MikesWagon 19 December 2001 08:34 AM

John,

think you'll have at least till June now to work on him. Saw a thread about this earlier in the week on the RSOC site, can't check for you just now since the site's down for maint.

Mike.

JohnD 21 December 2001 04:36 PM

Cheers Mike. I`ll have a quick look on the RS site myself.
Regards JohnD

Sideways 22 December 2001 04:40 PM

I can confirm that to the best of my knowledge June/July seems favorite. My mate has had one on order since may and it keeps getting put back due to reliability problems ( so they say ) Was going to order one myself but couldn't justify buying a car for 20k plus without driving it. I am sticking with Subaru for the moment. Having owned all the cossie and RS turbo range at least twice each when will ford learn ?? Wheres the Cossie Focus / Mondeo ?? What are they playing at ? :rolleyes:

[Edited by Sideways - 12/22/2001 4:42:22 PM]

Scooby_Killer 23 December 2001 10:25 PM

I think, It will disapoint alot peeps FWD....lol.....

JGRIFF 25 December 2001 11:31 AM

It is definitely due on the Umpteenth of Octember!

Scooby_Killer 28 December 2001 08:04 PM

A little bit to late for me,Rs badged ,it's only FWD,not 4wd,nor a cossy modle ,I wouldn't by that thing!! I would by something better than that!!;)

The Maive 28 December 2001 10:46 PM

I made a few enquires about the RS in France and Belgium a couple of months ago, they too were not giving any dates but are defo expecting the vehicle over there too. From experience I reckon you'll be talking at least 2-3 grand off aswell.....which is nice.