ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Turbo timer fitted, but have a small problem (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/567430-turbo-timer-fitted-but-have-a-small-problem.html)

Claaarkio 19 December 2006 02:29 PM

Turbo timer fitted, but have a small problem

Hello!

I fitted a turbo timer the other day to my brothers car, but now when the car is cooling down (being controlled by the timer) the alarm wont set. rendering the turbo timer pretty useless lol.

I didn't connect the "handbrake cable" to anything, is this the problem?

Does this cable just need to earth ?

Cheers

Dave :)

Claaarkio 19 December 2006 03:15 PM

PS its a Greddy Turbo timer

Dave :)

myblackwrx 19 December 2006 03:49 PM

Most if not all timers will not work with the alarm (e.g. locking the doors) my Blitz doesn't.
I think there are alarms which have inbuilt timers.
I'll have a look in the manual cos i can't remember what the handbrake cable is actually for.

Claaarkio 19 December 2006 04:44 PM

I assume it must have a function? let me know if you find anything bud.

Cheers

Dave

gaz-cole 19 December 2006 05:02 PM

depends on the alarm you should be able to programme it to auto set if its a fairly modern alarm, the hand brake wire earths it out cutting the engine if gets in and trys to drive it away

Claaarkio 19 December 2006 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by gaz-cole
depends on the alarm you should be able to programme it to auto set if its a fairly modern alarm, the hand brake wire earths it out cutting the engine if gets in and trys to drive it away

Cool cheers bud

OK so maybe get the alarm looked at then, its a Cobra i think, quite new.

Cheers

Dave

myblackwrx 19 December 2006 05:22 PM

Quote from my Blitz instructions
* Important the parking brake wire (purple) must have ground signal at all times,either by grounding the wire or reading ground signal from the parking brake wire.If purple wire is not install correctly,the turbo timer will automatically shut off when the key is taken out.

just had a look at my clifford manual and it seems you can reset the autoarming (my alarm is 3 years old) so i would presume newer models whoever makes them would be similar

Claaarkio 20 December 2006 12:43 PM

Cheers bud, i did some scouting around and found that the handbrake cable when connected to the handbrake will shut down the motor if the handbrake is released (a thief jumps in the car) so i guess it is not related to the "not being able to lock the car" problem.

Cheers

Dave

Brun 20 December 2006 07:10 PM

rendering the turbo timer pretty useless
Turbo timers don't need any help to be classed as useless :p

Claaarkio 21 December 2006 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Brun
Turbo timers don't need any help to be classed as useless :p

LOL tosh!! they can save you vital minutes when late for a meeting or the like!! lol ;)

Brun 21 December 2006 06:12 PM

:D

500 21 December 2006 07:55 PM

Leave my car running un attended...no thanks ;)