ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   current favourite driving tune... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/566708-current-favourite-driving-tune.html)

chocolate_o_brian 15 December 2006 10:11 PM

current favourite driving tune...

right since im gonna literally be up all night doing some commission work for a mate, i was curious as to what everybodies current favourite driving tune is. as in the song thats the best for you while you either pootling along somewhere, or going for it against the local chav brigade/ahem track days :lol1:

always been curious on this one, and i guess its more sensible that what type of tits do you prefer:luxhello: ...

il start it off...

as im a dj dance music plays a predominant part in my life style, so i would say currently my fave tune to listen to while driving is... "push - strange world 2006 (m.i.k.e. 12" remix). if any of you know it, its a classic trancer, and suits me and my driving style to a "t"

flame suit on;)

andy

p.s. lets 'av yer suggestions then:thumb:

SC008Y_MAD 15 December 2006 10:16 PM

Saosin - 3rd measurement in c

Ryo 15 December 2006 10:18 PM

I've been converting my old tapes to cd just recently, so been listening to.....

DJ Ron AWOL 94 & Fabio Dance Trance 93, and others.

It fits the classic scoob quite well, 90's style.

Elmer Fudpucker 15 December 2006 10:25 PM

Mike Push,Universal Nation

and Tiesto,Nyana are my current favourites

other than that I'm quite partial to a spot of New Order or the Cure:D

Elmer Fudpucker 15 December 2006 10:27 PM

....oh and 'As the rush comes' by Motorcycle,as good a driving tune as they get?

flakey 15 December 2006 10:38 PM

I have many, but solange messages 2006 is one crackin tune to drive too :thumb:

Agree universal nation and strange world are great to drive too!! ;)

Elmer Fudpucker 15 December 2006 10:47 PM

For instances of road rage or in a massive traffic tailback,then its this,
very calming but the video is best viewed with your eyes shut;)
YouTube - Kool & The Gang - Summer Madness

as played by DJ Oliver'lady killer' Biscuit on Vice City:lol1:

hull sti 15 December 2006 10:51 PM

armand van helden- you dont know me. what a classic to play in a classic:luxhello:

flakey 15 December 2006 10:52 PM

Summer madness, cracking tune really does turn heads when you turn it up :thumb:

stiginger 15 December 2006 10:56 PM

the game 50 cent eminem just hip hop coming out of my car

GC8 15 December 2006 11:04 PM

Are we n*ggers? Is this Inglewood?

dashpig 15 December 2006 11:06 PM

Ahem - to change the mood... slightly ... :norty: :thumb:

Faith No More - From out of nowhere
Leftfield & Lydon - Open Up
The Doors - L A Woman
Weezer - Hash Pipe
Blur - Song 2
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Kula Shaker - Hush
Prodigy - Out of space

Lee D T 15 December 2006 11:08 PM

Queens of the stone age,

Millionaire,

plus others off "Songs for the deaf" or for the odd long night drive I do, Goldie "Timeless":thumb:

big_skid 15 December 2006 11:10 PM

My favourite driving tune is definitely FERNANDO - by ABBA! it is STTB!
On previous listenings i have been known to drive down a 300 yard stretch of duall carriageway completely sideways in rush hour traffic!!

STTB = SWEET TO THE BEAT!

James Neill 15 December 2006 11:20 PM

I'm still listening to the early Renaisance Mixes (part 1, 2 and 3 specifically). My favourite is still the Bladerunner remix.

slackbrown 15 December 2006 11:21 PM

I've always got at least 5 copies of the X-Factor album secreted about my car. I listen to one and become so enraged by it that i use the others as weapons to bruise pedestrians.

GC8 15 December 2006 11:25 PM

Ive been listening to Richard Hawley recently; very mellow...

big_skid 15 December 2006 11:25 PM

Yes slacky boy i am a man after your own heart!!
i love the x-factor album, just the other day i was singing along so loudly i got so carried away i pee'd a wee bit on the seat. Just after i got stopped by the police for breaking the speed limit (106 in a 50). they took me out of the car and saw i had pee'd myself and ridiculed me in front of my friends!!

codie247 16 December 2006 12:33 AM

Bit of a mix for me at the moment, stopped at the services on the M6 and bought one of them CD's next to the counter with all 12' mixes of old school hip hop from the 80's:thumb: ,best so far is Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5-The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the wheels of steel. Listen to them and to the Specials Greatest hits- Rat race, Too much too young etc.. trying to rekindle my youth me thinks:D

Lee

Fuzz 16 December 2006 12:37 AM

Lovestruck - South side spinners (DJ Jean Remix). :thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 16 December 2006 12:47 AM

ah so im not the only trance fan on here. thats it all of you closet dance music moguls open up to me...

prodigy stuff is also on my list, old skool hardcore, gets you in the mood.

the "rekanda" remix of "deepdish - flashdance" on one of the rush hour album's is also rather good.

if im in my pug though (not in the last two weeks anyway) was a mixture of slower progressive trance as my car simply wasnt quick enough to warrant 130bpm+

andy

p.s. fish go deep - the cure and the cause is a future classic...

or

solarstone feat scott bond - 3rd earth, that is pure semen in a choon

Bubba po 16 December 2006 12:47 AM

Well it USED to be "Airbag" by Radiohead. :cry:

GC8 16 December 2006 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
ah so im not the only trance fan on here. thats it all of you closet dance music moguls open up to me...

prodigy stuff is also on my list, old skool hardcore, gets you in the mood.

the "rekanda" remix of "deepdish - flashdance" on one of the rush hour album's is also rather good.

if im in my pug though (not in the last two weeks anyway) was a mixture of slower progressive trance as my car simply wasnt quick enough to warrant 130bpm+

andy

p.s. fish go deep - the cure and the cause is a future classic...

or

solarstone feat scott bond - 3rd earth, that is pure semen in a choon

I used to love trance, particularly with a Gatecrasher flavour.... but its all ****e now.

GC8 16 December 2006 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Well it USED to be "Airbag" by Radiohead. :cry:

I inadvertantly listened to Paranoid Android the other day and I was more upset than you within 2 minutes! I had to listen to Joy Division to cheer myself up.....

chocolate_o_brian 16 December 2006 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by GC8
I used to love trance, particularly with a Gatecrasher flavour.... but its all ****e now.

maybe your not looking in the right places then. only a personal point of view of course but i think its more underground and better than ever. labels such as anjunabeats, armin etc, are churning out choon after choon imho anyway.

andy

*prepares for gc8s short temper*:cry:

V7C 16 December 2006 02:17 AM

I'm not going home- Scott Bond
Ayla- Ayla
did ya hear me- Red light district
Voodoo ray- voodoo ray
i got the power-Snap
Dont stop me now-Queen

Venue 44 , Arches, Adelphi, :notworthy Republic :wonder:

flakey 16 December 2006 05:39 AM

3rd earth is one hell of a driving tune!!

Must say most additive stuff is good, ayla and did you hear me have to be in the list of my favourite classic trance tunes!! :thumb:

There are so many good trance tunes, i bet i'd struggle to narrow it down to a list of 100 :cool:

Varboy 16 December 2006 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by GC8

stop buying the compilation crap in HMV and trust the WWW, lots of good stuff out there now that Trance is no longer flavour of the month

GC8 16 December 2006 10:55 AM

Thats extremely presumptious of you.

alcazar 16 December 2006 01:56 PM

Current fave is the 13 minute LIVE version of "Bad", by U2, from Liveaid.

Alcazar