ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   This could be the greatest album ever to grace our ears.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/566636-this-could-be-the-greatest-album-ever-to-grace-our-ears.html)

jonc 15 December 2006 05:52 PM

This could be the greatest album ever to grace our ears....

Amazon.co.uk: Reviews for A Whole New World: Music: Katie Price and Peter Andre

The reviews show nothing but praise and enlightment!!

pslewis 15 December 2006 05:57 PM

You ARE joking, RIGHT??? :confused:

jonc 15 December 2006 05:57 PM

The customer reviews says it all!!!

pslewis 15 December 2006 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by jonc
The customer reviews says it all!!!

Yes, but they could be off their friggin trolleys!!!

Simes777 15 December 2006 06:02 PM

I think I've entered a parallel universe....

unclebuck 15 December 2006 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Simes777
I think I've entered a parallel universe....

LOL :lol1: One where pslewis is helpful and intelligent.

pslewis 15 December 2006 06:05 PM

I've just downloaded the Title Song off the Album and well, it's ok .... but done better a million times before - in fact, is there ONE original song on it??

jonc 15 December 2006 06:18 PM

A great comment from one reviewer:

"It's not often that you can buy a record which is sung by 3 huge t1ts."

:lol:

Abdabz 15 December 2006 06:25 PM

I would rather smear my lounge walls with the steaming excrement of my worst enemy than listen to that tripe :eek:

Dieseldog 15 December 2006 06:25 PM

Page two, the review by 'Ooogly Shabubu'...

"Oh. My. God. Have I just heard the best album in the world? I think I have. Here's a track by track breakdown...

1. A Whole New World - This is a Disney favourite from Beauty and the Beast. In the duet Pete sings Beauty's part with a nutless falsetto that will leave you gasping for air. Jordan, with her jutting underbite, takes the Beast's part and makes it her own. She really gets her teeth into it. Definitely. It's worth getting the album just to hear Jordan get her teeth into the Beast's part"

Excellent stuff!

David Lock 15 December 2006 06:26 PM

Pass the sick bowl :eek2:

"It was dark, a primeval blackness, the abyss of Ginunnga Gap. Then there was light, and the light was A Whole New World. A world of joy and happiness created by Peter and Katie. I was that darkness, now I am light. I was that emptiness, now I am complete. I was mortal, now I will live for ever. I will give up everything I own for copies of this CD just to give them away to everybody I meet so that they too can become as complete as I.

Thank you, thank you, thank you..."

============

Edit - last line should read "just to give them away to everybody I meet so that they too can become as complete a **** as I am.

J4CKO 15 December 2006 06:40 PM

Just makes me worry about the British Public.

Gav 15 December 2006 06:43 PM

A whole new world was off Aladdin tell Ooogly Shabubu;)

Shark Man 15 December 2006 06:54 PM

I was channel surfing the other day and tripped across the Royal Variety Show, then I just heard some very off key singing of "A whole new world" I cringe and think that "has" to be a X-factor reject, then on walks Jordan. I cringe again and turn over the channel. :mad: ;)

bioforger 15 December 2006 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by jonc
This could be the greatest album ever to grace our ears....!!

lmfao :lol1:

life, taste, class get!

KiwiGTI 15 December 2006 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Just makes me worry about the British Public.

Makes them look pretty good to me. I'd be more worried about people who can't recognise humour and cleverly written reviews.

CrisPDuk 20 December 2006 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldog

"Oh. My. God. Have I just heard the best album in the world? I think I have. Here's a track by track breakdown...

1. A Whole New World - This is a Disney favourite from Beauty and the Beast. In the duet Pete sings Beauty's part with a nutless falsetto that will leave you gasping for air. Jordan, with her jutting underbite, takes the Beast's part and makes it her own. She really gets her teeth into it. Definitely. It's worth getting the album just to hear Jordan get her teeth into the Beast's part"

Excellent stuff!

That is without question one of the finest comedy reviews I've ever read:thumb:

PeteBrant 20 December 2006 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Makes them look pretty good to me. I'd be more worried about people who can't recognise humour and cleverly written reviews.

Massive high-five o/\o

The review section is very very funny.

SJ_Skyline 20 December 2006 09:44 AM

The reviews are utterly priceless :D

Forget diamonds, gold or Italian super-cars, there can surely be no better way to bridge the gap with any enemy or estranged partner than to buy them this classic work at Christmas.

Neverguess 20 December 2006 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldog

Excellent stuff!

PMSL :lol1:

dharbige 20 December 2006 09:59 AM

How can two monstrous talents such as these, who so shun public exposure, have plucked up the courage to make this bold, vibrant statement of artistic splendour? And lets not forget Peter's contribution either.
:D :D

PeteBrant 20 December 2006 10:35 AM

I Just submitted one...

I was born deaf. I have never heard any sound, a child laughing, the sea washing up the beach, the wind in the trees. All these sounds are alien to me and I will never know what beauty they hold. I am also completely blind. I have never seen a setting sun, a flower bloom or David Beckham. But for one brief moment last week I heard sounds and saw sights for the first time in my life. My wife bought "A Whole new World" by Peter Andre and the Jordans. The second she put it on, I was transported to a world of colour and the sounds of angels. I could see, I could hear. Tears rolled down my face as I saw my wifes face for the first time, even the revelation of her hideous features could not detract from the majesty of the voices of Peter and Jordan soaring like eagles through a sun kissed sky. I rose from my chair and carressed the cd jewel case, sounds and sights filling my senses. For 37 minutes I was a normal person, filled with joy. Then the CD stopped, and I returned to a world of silence and darkness. I stumbled into a coffee table and fell face first into the stereo system, shattering it, and my teeth into a thousand pieces. My wife has since hidden the CD. I spoke to my doctor on the phone, and he confirmed that there is no medical explanation for my temporary cure. He also said that he had many patients come to him with temporary miracle cures occuring whilst listening to the god given album. For a full 37 minutes, Didier Drogba managed to run without falling over, Geraint Jones remained at the crease and Barry from the Cillit Bang commercials lost his voice.
There is only one explanation - Somehow, Peter and Jordan have managed to create work of such wonder and power, that it is the embodiment of our lord Jesus Christ. It is, for all intents and purposes, the second coming.

GC8 20 December 2006 10:41 AM

I bet that Richard Hawley is ****ting himself !

SJ_Skyline 20 December 2006 11:00 AM

Does anybody know if Peter and Katie will be touring soon? :)

Gymbal 20 December 2006 11:46 AM

Sheer genius on the reviews (except for PSL).

jbryant 20 December 2006 12:18 PM

Fantastic link and excellent reviews.
Thanks so much for providing!

pwhittle 20 December 2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man
I was channel surfing the other day and tripped across the Royal Variety Show, then I just heard some very off key singing of "A whole new world" I cringe and think that "has" to be a X-factor reject, then on walks Jordan. I cringe again and turn over the channel. :mad: ;)

i wondered if there was a problem with the monitors on stage - I've heard Jordon sing that much better before, and Meatloaf and his female guest were equally our of tune. Whatever you think of Meatloaf, he can hold a tune. usually.

pwhittle 20 December 2006 12:53 PM

When I listen to 'Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You,' I think of the beautiful sorrow of parting that Peter must feel when he is alone in his hotel room able only to watch Jordan's oral talents on the Pay TV service.

'Islands in the Stream,' naturally makes me think of Jordan bathing in the love of her husband. How lucky she is that a song so describing her massive contributions to modern consumer culture was written for her?

Subtle, but v. good

SiPie 20 December 2006 01:17 PM

I Just submitted one...

Quote:
I was born deaf. I have never heard any sound, a child laughing, the sea washing up the beach, the wind in the trees. All these sounds are alien to me and I will never know what beauty they hold. I am also completely blind. I have never seen a setting sun, a flower bloom or David Beckham. But for one brief moment last week I heard sounds and saw sights for the first time in my life. My wife bought "A Whole new World" by Peter Andre and the Jordans. The second she put it on, I was transported to a world of colour and the sounds of angels. I could see, I could hear. Tears rolled down my face as I saw my wifes face for the first time, even the revelation of her hideous features could not detract from the majesty of the voices of Peter and Jordan soaring like eagles through a sun kissed sky. I rose from my chair and carressed the cd jewel case, sounds and sights filling my senses. For 37 minutes I was a normal person, filled with joy. Then the CD stopped, and I returned to a world of silence and darkness. I stumbled into a coffee table and fell face first into the stereo system, shattering it, and my teeth into a thousand pieces. My wife has since hidden the CD. I spoke to my doctor on the phone, and he confirmed that there is no medical explanation for my temporary cure. He also said that he had many patients come to him with temporary miracle cures occuring whilst listening to the god given album. For a full 37 minutes, Didier Drogba managed to run without falling over, Geraint Jones remained at the crease and Barry from the Cillit Bang commercials lost his voice.
There is only one explanation - Somehow, Peter and Jordan have managed to create work of such wonder and power, that it is the embodiment of our lord Jesus Christ. It is, for all intents and purposes, the second coming.
Bet it won't appear, not subtle enough. Pay more attention to the others ;)

PS Fine review but bet it doesn't appear

PeteBrant 21 December 2006 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by SiPie
Bet it won't appear, not subtle enough. Pay more attention to the others ;)

PS Fine review but bet it doesn't appear

It's up there :D