ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Snake Stunt Condemnded (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/566605-snake-stunt-condemnded.html)

*Sonic* 15 December 2006 03:11 PM

Snake Stunt Condemnded

As no-one really said what happened with the snake on the Comedy Awards show I found this

The Sun Online - TV: Snake stunt condemned

Whoever thought that idea would work needs shooting

Fat Boy 15 December 2006 03:39 PM

Funniest bit of the show for me and if it had eaten, say, Graham Norton and that complete and unfunny **** Avid Merrion, then my night would have been complete

lozgti 15 December 2006 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
and that complete and unfunny **** Avid Merrion,

Thank God its not just me that doesn't get him.

davegtt 15 December 2006 03:44 PM

I get him alright, I just think he is thick as pig sh!t. Completely useless at humour IMO

Abdabz 15 December 2006 03:44 PM

Did the snake have a hissy fit?

DCI Gene Hunt 15 December 2006 03:46 PM

If we're talking 'unfunny' then lets introduce Lenny Henry.... what a useless cnut :rolleyes:

555Rob555 15 December 2006 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti
Thank God its not just me that doesn't get him.

I'm with you two. What a knob. :brickwall

TelBoy 15 December 2006 03:48 PM

Agreed, DCI. Never ever understood what the attraction of Lenny Henry is/was - just goes to show how far you can build a career on opening your eyes wide and shouting a lot.

davegtt 15 December 2006 03:51 PM

Yup another unfunny character. How about Matt whats his face from little britain. Sure he "looks" funny but I just dont think there is anything comical about him at all.

Edit - Matt Lucas

TelBoy 15 December 2006 03:54 PM

Think you're out on a limb there, lots of people think Matt Lucas is a talented guy. He used to be hilarious on Shooting Stars - a definite personality.

davegtt 15 December 2006 03:56 PM

Yeah I know lots of people think hes great, hence the success of little britian (which I only find mildly amussing btw) Shooting Stars was good when he was in his baby grow but even then. Thats not comedy to me. Now Reeves and Mortimer were definately funny on that show. Made with some superb inuendos with Ulrikakakakakaka :D

lpski1 15 December 2006 03:57 PM

how about LH when he was in the African leopard print outfit shouting Gadanga gadanga ? :D i thought that was fairly amusing, although i was probably about 8 :)

SiPie 15 December 2006 04:03 PM

how about LH when he was in the African leopard print outfit shouting Gadanga gadanga ?
Agree.....but that was the only bit :D

555Rob555 15 December 2006 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie
Agree.....but that was the only bit :D

And the fact that he married Dawn French. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

davegtt 15 December 2006 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 555Rob555
And the fact that he married Dawn French. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Thats laughing at him rather than with him :lol1:

lozgti 15 December 2006 04:38 PM

Now there is a very funny Lenny Henry/Dawn F joke and I can't think what it is.

Have snakes got ears BTW?

PG 15 December 2006 04:46 PM

YouTube - British Comedy Awards - Snake

unclebuck 15 December 2006 04:55 PM

All I see is a lot of chav scum Z listers being cruel and mistreating a snake.

Frankly I'm disgusted. :mad:

J4CKO 15 December 2006 06:55 PM

Have to say that it was an ill advised stunt but to be honest the Python didn't look all that bothered, I doubt that it was done any lasting damage or even hurt it, they are fairly robust creatures, anything that can squeeze the life out of stuff like a Python can cannot be that fragile, I am sure they get worse than a few pissed up tossers in the wild.

I do thing that whoever allowed that one needs to think longer about what they agree to.

Shark Man 15 December 2006 07:11 PM

If I were a snake and saw Ant and Dec, I would do the very same. ;)

J4CKO 15 December 2006 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man
If I were a snake and saw Ant and Dec, I would do the very same. ;)

Saturday Nght Snakeaway !

Shark Man 15 December 2006 08:30 PM

:D:lol1: I'm Hissterical

magepaster 16 December 2006 10:31 AM

The firts time I ever saw Lenny Henry was in a sitcom called The Fosters. Started in 1976 I think. Even then I thought he was crap, yet he has managed to go further downhill.

KiwiGTI 16 December 2006 10:45 AM

There are a few comedians that I just don't understand why they have been or becoming popular.

Russell Brand
Tracy Ullman
Lenny Henry
Victoria Woods
French and Saunders (although Ab Fab and Vicar of Dibley are OK)
Graham Norton

Smiler 16 December 2006 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt
Yup another unfunny character. How about Matt whats his face from little britain. Sure he "looks" funny but I just dont think there is anything comical about him at all.

Edit - Matt Lucas

Thank **** for that. I'm not the only one then.

Flaps 16 December 2006 11:52 AM

Agree, I don't get Little Britain, Avid Merrion, or Russel Brand (to name a few). None of it has ever made me laugh.

New_scooby_04 16 December 2006 01:09 PM

It was a silly, ill advised stunt. But, take my word for it, if that python had been really pissed off it would have been quite capable of doing somethng about it.

They clearly had a very even tempered Reticulated Python there (they're usually the more aggressive of the BIG pythons). If it had got hold of someone, it would have been very nasty!

Ns04

andythejock01wrx 16 December 2006 01:40 PM

Have you got a snake NS04 ? ;)

New_scooby_04 16 December 2006 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Have you got a snake NS04 ? ;)

LOL there's a joke in there somewhere; can't quite put my finger on it!

I've had experience of snakes in the past, including a 20ft Burmese python and, believe me, you wouldn't have wanted to see it angry! If a python that size even just bit you, you'd get a horrid wound. If it coiled around you and started to constrict, you'd be in very serious trouble- a big constrictor can kill you much faster than even the most venomous snake in the world.

There I made it though the post without making any rude comments or innuendo! :thumb:

Ns04

PS. My own snake doesn't bite; it's a spitter!! ;) :D

andythejock01wrx 16 December 2006 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
LOL there's a joke in there somewhere; can't quite put my finger on it!

I've had experience of snakes in the past, including a 20ft Burmese python and, believe me, you wouldn't have wanted to see it angry! If a python that size even just bit you, you'd get a horrid wound. If it coiled around you and started to constrict, you'd be in very serious trouble- a big constrictor can kill you much faster than even the most venomous snake in the world.

There I made it though the post without making any rude comments or innuendo! :thumb:

Ns04

PS. My own snake doesn't bite; it's a spitter!! ;) :D

:lol1:

I'm more of a dog and cat sort of bloke myself. Don't suppose you could have a cat and a constrictor - The cat would think "What a nice warm place to lie", the snake would think "dinner is served !".:norty: :lol1: