ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Nice article (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/566602-nice-article.html)

Brendan Hughes 15 December 2006 02:45 PM

Nice article

With apologies that it's probably far too pleasant and optimistic for NSR, I'll post it for the few that might appreciate it. It's about getting to know those people you see on the morning commute but never speak to. Season of Goodwill, etc :)

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Intimate strangers

davegtt 15 December 2006 03:01 PM

Great article, I actually enjoyed reading the comments more than the article itself though. :thumb:

TelBoy 15 December 2006 03:04 PM

Not sure how it could be described as "brilliant" though - after all, the majority of us have exactly the same situation in our lives, and everybody has the ability, should they so wish, to make conversation in the same way. Birthday cakes on the train sounds a bit dodgy to me though, i have to say :Suspiciou

davegtt 15 December 2006 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy
and everybody has the ability, should they so wish, to make conversation in the same way.

Think this is the point though, not many of us do use that ability and theyve gone out on this project to show people how we should interact alot more.

RichWalk 15 December 2006 03:11 PM

years ago I travelled to w*rk by bus, everyday the same an attractive lass got on about 4 stops after me, and occassionally ackowledged my existance (in a polite way) coincidentally while surfing in Newquay that summer I saw her walking around the town and went over to say hello...........fist of all she tried to runaway, then after explaining who I was and that I saw her each day on the bus in Brum, she denied all knowledge of said bus route and even were she lived......... (i had been sleeping in a cave on Little Fistral for a week or so and looked fairly rough even by my standards)

Week or so later back on the bus again, she gets on and smiles as she sits down.......ignorant sod:mad: :D

davegtt 15 December 2006 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by RichWalk
years ago I travelled to w*rk by bus, everyday the same an attractive lass got on about 4 stops after me, and occassionally ackowledged my existance (in a polite way) coincidentally while surfing in Newquay that summer I saw her walking around the town and went over to say hello...........fist of all she tried to runaway, then after explaining who I was and that I saw her each day on the bus in Brum, she denied all knowledge of said bus route and even were she lived......... (i had been sleeping in a cave on Little Fistral for a week or so and looked fairly rough even by my standards)

Week or so later back on the bus again, she gets on and smiles as she sits down.......ignorant sod:mad: :D

LMAO some wierd people about isnt there.

TelBoy 15 December 2006 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
Think this is the point though, not many of us do use that ability and theyve gone out on this project to show people how we should interact alot more.

"Could", not should, in my opinion...

RichWalk 15 December 2006 03:14 PM

"Could", not should, in my opinion...

yep, see post #5:o

TelBoy 15 December 2006 03:15 PM

Yeah but Rich, can you blame her? :mad:

RichWalk 15 December 2006 03:17 PM

Yeah but Rich, can you blame her? :mad:

Not really, didnt matter though as a gorgeous lass in the Fistral Brekkie shop gave me a free breakfast torrpedo every morning, as she though I was homeless:luxhello:

lpski1 15 December 2006 03:23 PM

you mean youre not the Big Issue seller on the corner of Bishopsgate and London Wall ! :mad:

Abdabz 15 December 2006 03:24 PM

It's true, I think of all the women who see me on my way to work who must be dying to speak to me because I am so gorgeous but they are just too shy...

RichWalk 15 December 2006 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by lpski1
you mean youre not the Big Issue seller on the corner of Bishopsgate and London Wall ! :mad:

Not this week, no:thumb:

KiwiGTI 15 December 2006 03:56 PM

Recently an attractive nurse sat opposite me on the train and I spent an hour fantasizing what I could (not should) do to her.

Drunken Bungle Whore 15 December 2006 04:59 PM

Nice article Brendan! :thumb:

I have an over active imagination and often make up stories in my head about the other people on my train - maybe we should just say "hello" - but I always worry they'll turn into some sort of broing freak who won't then stop talking to me.... :freak3:

I do say "hello" to the many dog walkers I meet on my way to the station though - does that count?

:)

_Meridian_ 15 December 2006 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by RichWalk
a gorgeous lass in the Fistral Brekkie shop gave me a free breakfast torrpedo every morning

Must resist obvious joke about returning the favour...

M

RichWalk 15 December 2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Must resist obvious joke about returning the favour...

M

thats another story ;)