ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Spam Fritters!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/566543-spam-fritters.html)

Abdabz 15 December 2006 09:23 AM

Spam Fritters!!

Yes folks! That's right! Spam are advertising (and so presumably making) their own Spam Fritters.

Now, you and I both know that Spam is special and Spam Fritters where originally invented by Brunel, but only sold in dodgy chippies...
Now the masses have access to these ambrosias of the gods via their local supermarket.... or do they?

I havent been able to find them in my local Tesco, Morrisons or Asda... The checkout staff tell me they sell them because they scan them, but....
Where are they housed?
How excellent do they taste?
How many pennies do they cost - who has seen the cheapest Fritter and who the most expensive?
Does one Fry, Bake, Grill or Ping?

I need answers...

*Sonic* 15 December 2006 09:29 AM

You tried the frozen section, or maybe even Iceland :)

If you go to iceland take the bus ;)

little-ginge 15 December 2006 09:31 AM

What is worse thsn Spam? Spam fritters:mad:

*Sonic* 15 December 2006 09:32 AM

Oi, LG nothing wrong with Spam Fritters :)

tmo 15 December 2006 09:48 AM

Spam fritter, chips and beans :)

been a loooooooong time since i've had that ;)

Bateman 15 December 2006 09:50 AM

got a pack of 4 in the fridge, try Sainsbury, for some reason they keep them in the cold section by the Fish ;)

About as healthy a a Fray Bentos pie:wonder:

Scoobychick 15 December 2006 09:57 AM

My other half and my Dad are both passionate about Spam, in fact you could call them both connoisseurs of the product, Bob even has a Spam t-shirt :D It is their food of choice to put in their rolls when we go rallying and I sometimes think that they only go rallying as an excuse to eat Spam :D Me and my Mum bought them some of the low fat variety recently which didn't go down at all well :eek:

My Dad gets quite misty eyed when he harks back to the days of his youth and homemade spam fitters :lol1: When I told him they were now available frozen he got quite excited although as far as I know he hasn't tried them yet.

The Knives are out 15 December 2006 10:08 AM

My locally Chippy has always done them

Spam Fritter Chips and a curry sauce :D:D:D:D

TonyG 15 December 2006 10:31 AM

Haven't had any Spam fritters since I was at school (far too) may years ago.

Shark Man 15 December 2006 10:42 AM

I had some fried Spam the other day, superb :thumb:

lozgti 15 December 2006 10:44 AM

Grilled spam,in fact as long as you don't eat it cold,it's the food of the gods:)

Tripple'O G 15 December 2006 10:45 AM

How lazy is that???

Open tin of spam, slice and fry till crispy round the edges....serve with 2 fried eggs and Bbeans.....loverly...:notworthy

alcazar 15 December 2006 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti
Grilled spam,in fact as long as you don't eat it cold,it's the food of the gods:)

What's wrong with it eaten cold? Sunday tea at college was always fried eggs on toast, with baked beans and spam slices around the outside..........
mmmmmmmmmmm:cool:

Alcazar

Dieseldog 15 December 2006 11:40 AM

I just can't stop cooking at the moment. There's nothing better than frying stuff in a big pan of oil. Sausages... Pineapples... Bananas's...

... 'Course, some say I'm frittering my life away...

Parrrump.. Tssssss...

lozgti 15 December 2006 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar
What's wrong with it eaten cold?

Alcazar

It's ok cold as long as it was grilled/fried first a la Tripple o g suggestion.Can't be doing with the stuff that first slips out of the can followed by the afterbirth.

You gotta heat the meat!

Mind you,I love any meat sizzling in a pan

richiewong 15 December 2006 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Knives are out
My locally Chippy has always done them

Spam Fritter Chips and a curry sauce :D:D:D:D

Damn right, deep fried in lard.
Heart attack served warm MMMMM, really fancy one now:D

In fact had some fried Spam last night come to think of , my diet is sh*t:lol1:

speedymonkey 15 December 2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
How lazy is that???

Open tin of spam, slice and fry till crispy round the edges....serve with 2 fried eggs and Bbeans.....loverly...:notworthy

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Its mighty fine tho http://www.websitegoodies.com/smilies/gfx/party0017.gif

Have to admit, its on a par with cornbeef (the old corndog:p ) yum yum:thumb:

Abdabz 15 December 2006 02:02 PM

I had a spam toastie for my lunch :D but will go again in search of the pre packed goodness that is the fritter tomorrow.
Thanks Bateman for the Sainsbury recommendation but they're way to posh for Tellins :)
Near the fish ey? I shall lurk around the fish counter tomorrow and ask people to help me :lol1:
I never knew there'd be so many fellow spam lovers on here... Excellent news!

*Sonic* 15 December 2006 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz
I had a spam toastie for my lunch :D but will go again in search of the pre packed goodness that is the fritter tomorrow.
Thanks Bateman for the Sainsbury recommendation but they're way to posh for Tellins :)
Near the fish ey? I shall lurk around the fish counter tomorrow and ask people to help me :lol1:
I never knew there'd be so many fellow spam lovers on here... Excellent news!

Make sure it is the fish counter you are lurking round, and not the local hairdressers ( i know they smell the same, but there is a difference) :p

Abdabz 15 December 2006 03:27 PM

I havent been to a hairdresser for 15 years! Nothing to do with my liking of SPAM nor do I have unkept hair... But my own dubbers mean I avoid being asked where I am going on my holidays once a month...
If Desmonds (yes my local barbers really IS called Desmonds) knew where the spam fritters are in my local morrisons I may pop in so he can share his wisdom.

Shark Man 15 December 2006 06:56 PM

With all this talking of it, I think I might have some Spam for tea tonight :)

speedymonkey 15 December 2006 07:14 PM

http://www.geocities.com/fang_club/spam.gif

Lets hear it for the meaty goodnesshttp://www.websitegoodies.com/smilies/gfx/party0011.gif

Chip Sengravy 15 December 2006 07:21 PM

Did you know that SPAM is an acronym for 'mechanically recovered pigs lips&arseholes, scraped from the abbatoir floor' ?

possibly the rankest foodstuff sold in the UK, apart from pot noodle. :)

Shark Man 15 December 2006 07:38 PM

I'd don't care if it's a pig arse, I'm still eating it :razz: Well, i would if the ruddy ringpull hadn't come off. Seriosuly, how do you open the tins on these things? :mad:

Chip Sengravy 15 December 2006 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man
I'd don't care if it's a pig arse, I'm still eating it :razz: Well, i would if the ruddy ringpull hadn't come off. Seriosuly, how do you open the tins on these things? :mad:

#

you want to eat some arse?

red wine, candles & some smooth talking :thumb:

mart360 15 December 2006 07:55 PM

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam egg and chips :D spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

LOL

Mart

Shark Man 15 December 2006 08:06 PM

I'm back :) Tasted gooood :D

Chip Sengravy 15 December 2006 08:08 PM

Chip Sengravy in 'advice worked' SHOCKER!

Shark Man 15 December 2006 08:17 PM

Yup, 23mins of smooth talkin' and 2 minutes of "action". :thumb:

*Sonic* 15 December 2006 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
Did you know that SPAM is an acronym for 'mechanically recovered pigs lips&arseholes, scraped from the abbatoir floor' ?

possibly the rankest foodstuff sold in the UK, apart from pot noodle. :)

Oi leave the noodle alone

Black Pudding is something I have too

London Grill too, can you still get that?