ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Poor, poor animals... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/566441-poor-poor-animals.html)

D.K.1 14 December 2006 06:21 PM

Poor, poor animals...

This had me wanting to :cry:

Brightlion | In Hope - English

All that suffering and pain :(

*some shocking pics*

Maz 14 December 2006 09:30 PM

Indeed Donna shocking and heart wrenching in equal measure.:(

D.K.1 14 December 2006 09:56 PM

:( Yeah.

You just don't realise how having "just one litter" makes such an impact on pounds and the amount of euthanasia because nobody wants them :(

That poor man at the end with his dog on the table :cry:

The dogs in bins upset me, all the puppies lined up on the table too :cry:

Tam the bam 14 December 2006 09:58 PM

Errr I don't think I want to watch this?!?

Maz 14 December 2006 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Errr I don't think I want to watch this?!?

Evening Tam, evening Donna. It's not very edifying viewing but brings home the truth of the plight of animals.:(

Lee247 14 December 2006 10:11 PM

I could only watch a little bit of it and that's it :cry:
How can people be so heartless

Maz 14 December 2006 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300
I could only watch a little bit of it and that's it :cry:
How can people be so heartless

Indeed. It's a sobering thought but at this time of the year animal abandonment is at it's worst.:(

D.K.1 14 December 2006 10:52 PM

Kind of makes you think...

All the people out there that want a puppy, there are HUNDREDS of dogs, from puppies to older aged ones all needing homes that are in the pounds and having to be put to sleep because nobody wants them. It would be far better to home one of these animals to stop them suffering and give them a long and fulfilling life rather than one ending after such a short time having had no love or comfort and all the things they should have had :(

Tam the bam 14 December 2006 10:59 PM

I spent most of last night out in the pissing rain looking for a lost black lab, didn't find him (hope he is ok) I'm not going to watch that video as I have a really soft heart for animals and it would probably make me :cry:

Lee247 14 December 2006 11:07 PM

I spent most of last night out in the pissing rain looking for a lost black lab, didn't find him (hope he is ok) I'm not going to watch that video as I have a really soft heart for animals and it would probably make me :cry:

I've just dried up now :(

D.K.1 14 December 2006 11:12 PM

Is he yours? :(

Since trying to trace the owner of the staff we found, you would be surprised at the amount of found dogs advertised.

Take a look on the found section of DogLost.co.uk Helping Reunite Lost Dogs with their Owners :)

Always police, dog warden, local rescue centres and vets too :)

I hope you find him and that he is safe and unharmed :)

D.K.1 14 December 2006 11:14 PM

I've just dried up now :(

Sorry :o

I know it is upsetting, but my intention wasn't to upset anyone, just to get the point across which this video is trying to show.

Lee247 14 December 2006 11:17 PM

The reminds of some people :mad:
My little cat, who is now 5 and alive and kicking, was shot in the head by 3 teenage boys :mad:
They held him down, according to the vet, the angle of the pellet, and shot him :mad:
Why do people treat animals this way. Abandon them, torture them, kill them. It makes me sick :mad:
I can't understand the human race sometimes :( :(

B-B 14 December 2006 11:17 PM

that is heartbreaking.

Whose lab is lost Tam? Has it been found?

B-B

Tam the bam 14 December 2006 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by D.K.1
Is he yours? :(

Since trying to trace the owner of the staff we found, you would be surprised at the amount of found dogs advertised.

Take a look on the found section of DogLost.co.uk Helping Reunite Lost Dogs with their Owners :)

Always police, dog warden, local rescue centres and vets too :)

I hope you find him and that he is safe and unharmed :)

No he is not my dog, he was apparently running about the street looking lost so the neighbours said, so I went looking for him in the pissing rain, didn't find the wee guy though.... I hope he found his way home

D.K.1 14 December 2006 11:20 PM

That's awful Lesley (Leslie, I can never remember which way to spell - sorry :o )

They can't be right in the head to do such things to innocent animals who can't fight back.

Pure evil!

D.K.1 14 December 2006 11:22 PM

No he is not my dog, he was apparently running about the street looking lost so the neighbours said, so I went looking for him in the pissing rain, didn't find the wee guy though.... I hope he found his way home

Ah right, well, in that case, I think the only thing you can really do is just keep an eye out for him in case he re appears.

How come the neighbours that saw him didn't approach or try to catch him?

51st state 14 December 2006 11:23 PM

bloody annoying what people do to animals:mad:

i hate these people who have to buy pedigree dogs:mad:
they do it because its like a designer label, but they can't see the damage and distress it causes,:mad:
breeders , breed to much of the same blood into dogs so the papers look better=£££££:mad:
near me in manchester there are kennels called "dogs r us" :mad:
what does that say:brickwall
and they are now advertising in the manchester evening news , puppies for sale with a six month guarrantee:wonder: :mad:
guarrantee on a fookin animal::mad:
what next::confused: , so feel free to bombard these newspapers, or the kennels , located at agecroft, swinton, salford:thumb:

brumdaisy 14 December 2006 11:24 PM

I daren't bring myself to look - people make me sick sometimes :mad:

Tam the bam 14 December 2006 11:29 PM

Ah right, well, in that case, I think the only thing you can really do is just keep an eye out for him in case he re appears.

How come the neighbours that saw him didn't approach or try to catch him?

They are scatty pensioners lol, I keep looking out for him, If I find him I'll make sure he is sorted :thumb:

D.K.1 14 December 2006 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
I daren't bring myself to look - people make me sick sometimes :mad:

I wasn't sure about watching it myself, but I am glad I did, haunting as it is, because it's harsh reality. It's what isn't thought about but happens every day, here, not just USA.

Tam, LOL @ scatty pensioners :D

Good on you for looking for him though :) If he finds his way back to you, he'll be lucky, if he's not already back home :thumb:

SD 14 December 2006 11:41 PM

I've maintained recently that if I had the spare time to do so I'd like to do voluntary work in a cat or dog shelter. Quite simply, we got our cat from a rescue centre and she's been a most wonderful, loving and affectionate member of the family and I'd like to have the opportunity to give something back to those animals who are still looking for homes with happy loving families.

How some people can effect the kind of cruelty we hear and see about, particularly in that poignant video, disturbs me greatly.

Lying here right now with the laptop in bed writing this, after falling out again with the wife, I've our gorgeous cat sleeping beside me and I hope dearly that she's a happy little thing that we've done right me over the last few years.

Rescue centres can be incredibly emotional places - you do really want to take them all home with you. But to anyone wanting to take on an animal I implore you to go to your rescue centre and give a loving home to one of the animals there. They're just as deserving of happiness as any animal out there!

Simon

Tam the bam 14 December 2006 11:49 PM

I wasn't sure about watching it myself, but I am glad I did, haunting as it is, because it's harsh reality. It's what isn't thought about but happens every day, here, not just USA.

Tam, LOL @ scatty pensioners :D

Good on you for looking for him though :) If he finds his way back to you, he'll be lucky, if he's not already back home :thumb:

He will :thumb: Thank you Donna :)

Lee247 14 December 2006 11:54 PM

Donna, you know the worst thing was, coming home from work, with the kids, my daughter who was 9 at the time, and seeing my little cat struggle to come to us, his little face covered in blood.
Believe me, if I ever found out who was responsible, I would kill them, slowly :mad:

Tam the bam 15 December 2006 12:04 AM

Donna, you know the worst thing was, coming home from work, with the kids, my daughter who was 9 at the time, and seeing my little cat struggle to come to us, his little face covered in blood.
Believe me, if I ever found out who was responsible, I would kill them, slowly :mad:

Lesley, did your cat survive, is he/she still with you now?

I'd happily kill anyone who caused suffering to an animal btw :mad:

D.K.1 15 December 2006 12:04 AM

:eek: The bladdy little........:mad:

I'm not so much of a cat person myself, but I would never harm one and I HATE anyone hurting animals.

I have got quite used to *Sonic*s cat now, she's a sweet little thing really :D funny too, to say she's about 12!!

What kind of sick, twisted person would do such a thing? :mad:

brumdaisy 15 December 2006 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by SD
I've maintained recently that if I had the spare time to do so I'd like to do voluntary work in a cat or dog shelter. Quite simply, we got our cat from a rescue centre and she's been a most wonderful, loving and affectionate member of the family and I'd like to have the opportunity to give something back to those animals who are still looking for homes with happy loving families.

How some people can effect the kind of cruelty we hear and see about, particularly in that poignant video, disturbs me greatly.

Lying here right now with the laptop in bed writing this, after falling out again with the wife, I've our gorgeous cat sleeping beside me and I hope dearly that she's a happy little thing that we've done right me over the last few years.

Rescue centres can be incredibly emotional places - you do really want to take them all home with you. But to anyone wanting to take on an animal I implore you to go to your rescue centre and give a loving home to one of the animals there. They're just as deserving of happiness as any animal out there!

Simon

so do it :thumb:

There's so many things you can do to help; from hair raising stunts to regular commitment to help with homing, fund raising etc. When I could make a regular commitment I did re-homing checks and PR for Cats Protection. When that became impossible due to work commitments I started doing collections from neighbours for stuff to take to the local PDSA shop. Im a bit of a book worm so nearly all my books come from the PDSA shop and when I've read them, they go back there.

Dont ever think that because you cant offer a regular commitment to help them directly, there arent a million other ways you can help... buy a few extra tins of food for the nearest shelter, offer to collect and deliver donated food from your local supermarket, sell stuff on ebay and donate a proportion of it, have a loose change collection at work DO ANYTHING!

Lee247 15 December 2006 12:18 AM

Thanks Tam and Donna. :)
He is alive and well, believe it or not, though he is now blind in one eye :(
You know what the police said, even tho'they had the pellet off the vet.
We can't prosecute as no one saw them do it :eek:

brumdaisy 15 December 2006 12:26 AM

Thanks Tam and Donna. :)
He is alive and well, believe it or not, though he is now blind in one eye :(
You know what the police said, even tho'they had the pellet off the vet.
We can't prosecute as no one saw them do it :eek:

not wishing to take the thread off subject as its dear to my heart but just what the fook are the police willing to do anything about?

absolute fook all:mad:

chocolate_o_brian 15 December 2006 07:20 AM

very upsetting and disturbing that video. i watched it all the way through and had a lump in my throat start to finish. me and my girlfriend are considering getting a pet in the new year, probaly from a rescue home with a juicy donation in their way. only thing is im allergic to furs etc, any dogs and cats come near me for a prolonged perios, and im scratching and sneezing like hell. but i love dogs so much, everything about them. not a cat person, but still cruelty is disgusting.

chris lynch are you reading this you w@nker