ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Leeking boot (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/565980-leeking-boot.html)

dazington 12 December 2006 09:14 PM

Leeking boot

Went xmas shopping the weekend with the misses and when we went to put the goods in the boot i noticed that the carpet was all damp. at first i thought something had spilt so i left it at that. that night it rained really hard and so for some reason i went back to the boot to get something and when i popped the boot everything inside was soaked right through i lifted the carpet and there was pools of water everywere :mad: nothing was damaged lucky enough.
I cheaked the seals but couldnt see anything obvious its still under warranty so today its gone off to the body shop.
The car is a 5 door saloon WRX impreza on a 53 plate has anyone else experienced any similar problems.

RON 12 December 2006 09:53 PM

Spoiler bolts or more likely Rear light seals not... sealing..... sometimes as a result of a poor repair.... has the car been bent and repaired at-all???

SwissTony 12 December 2006 10:01 PM

as ron said, might be the lights, have you changed them recently???

COLZO 12 December 2006 10:07 PM

Does the car get parked on a slope?

dazington 12 December 2006 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by RON
Spoiler bolts or more likely Rear light seals not... sealing..... sometimes as a result of a poor repair.... has the car been bent and repaired at-all???

Hope not ive not had it long and that was the first question i asked the respectable dealer i bought it off. Hope to get it back tomorrow with some answers.

dazington 12 December 2006 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by COLZO
Does the car get parked on a slope?

No it gets parked on my flat drive, why would this make a difference?

COLZO 12 December 2006 11:12 PM

I`ve heard of some cases where the car is parked on a slope (rear higher than the front) and the water builds up and is unable to drain away properly. Obviously not in your case though. Hope you get to the root of the problem as it must be most annoying. :(

rob84 12 December 2006 11:17 PM

my car did this mate it was the third brake light wire tthat comes through the boot lid wasnt sealed properly

russ27 13 December 2006 05:56 AM

i have the same problem i have around a litre of water in my spare wheel compartment every time it rains hard. looks like it is the seal on the rear spoiler. getting it looked at after xmas

Barmyclown 13 December 2006 08:16 PM

I get a little water in mine, parked on a slope. but I have got the boot liner so it just pools on that.

Jase

Pro Boy 13 December 2006 08:19 PM

rear spoiler common fault

dazington 13 December 2006 09:33 PM

Rang the garage today they said that whoever instaled the spoiler hadnt sealed it properly, i will be getting my scooby back tomorrow hopefully all sorted now. Thanks to all for your advice and help