ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   swapped scooby sti for astra VXR (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/565817-swapped-scooby-sti-for-astra-vxr.html)

tomfraser 12 December 2006 09:52 AM

swapped scooby sti for astra VXR

:) i just got rid of my 2006 sti for a VXR and must say its a much better car....i know im gonna get shouted at but the engine is so sweet,radio works, no rattles,when you hit a pothole you dont bounce half way down the road. plus it looks sexy.
the scooby was nice but not for everyday use!
what you ppl think of my astra VXR?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r/PC120001.jpg

leonpoole 12 December 2006 09:56 AM

I really like the look of the new shape astra's. The VXR model is the best astra they have made IMHO

The Chief 12 December 2006 10:11 AM

You should've kept the STI mate - much better looking:D

PeteBrant 12 December 2006 10:13 AM

Quite like the VXR's - wouldn't have one over a scoob, though.

T4molie 12 December 2006 10:17 AM

Nice looking car :) You must have taken a hit on depreciation when chopping the scoob in?

AFRIKANZ 12 December 2006 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Quite like the VXR's - wouldn't have one over a scoob, though.

I'll second tat :)

Jimpreza 12 December 2006 10:19 AM

Very nice mate i got tanked by one in my standard wrx a couple of weeks ago. Will probably be my next car or an rx8. How much did you pay for it?

EOEUMC 12 December 2006 10:33 AM

Looks lovely :) Worth it I would say.

V7C 12 December 2006 10:41 AM

I dont like it

Claaarkio 12 December 2006 10:41 AM

Lovely looking motors, out of my price range but i would consider one if i had the money, good reviews too!

Tidgy 12 December 2006 10:46 AM

chopped in a sti for a vxr???? they must have seen you comming, rafpmsl,,,,

nah only joking, looks good they go prety well once remapped and decated, geting the power down can be an issue though

silverscoobydan 12 December 2006 10:47 AM

A very tempting car.

How does it handle compared to the scoob? and what about torque steer, you experience any yet?

There are loads of performance upgrades for the VXR through Vauxhall. Top Gear magazine are running a blue one with 280bhp!!! and they are having loads of fun. They recently took a VXR, ST and Golf to Nurburgring. I think the ST was quickest (?????) but the VXR was clearly the most fun.

tomfraser 12 December 2006 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by T4molie
Nice looking car :) You must have taken a hit on depreciation when chopping the scoob in?

i lost about £6000 when i handed it in,i only had it 8 weeks i think....but i kept the fuel vouchers:thumb:

pippyrips 12 December 2006 10:49 AM

i was behibnd one the other day in a hire car - fair play it does look nice. Not up to beating a jdm sti though:D

tomfraser 12 December 2006 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by silverscoobydan
A very tempting car.

How does it handle compared to the scoob? and what about torque steer, you experience any yet?

There are loads of performance upgrades for the VXR through Vauxhall. Top Gear magazine are running a blue one with 280bhp!!! and they are having loads of fun. They recently took a VXR, ST and Golf to Nurburgring. I think the ST was quickest (?????) but the VXR was clearly the most fun.

handles loads better than the scooby, it has loads of torque steer when you put your foot down but easy to handle,its just as fast as scooby just has not got that kick that you get in the scooby,its just smooth through the gears.

donnas roo 12 December 2006 11:10 AM

looked at them when my STi got nicked they are nice, but getting too common and from the front look too much like a normal standard Astra, and in all fairness everybody knows someone with one.

I see u have kept to the blue though very much like the Subaru colour fair play to u and each to there own.

Jacey Boy 12 December 2006 11:11 AM

You swapped a 4wd car for a fwd:nono:

corserrep 12 December 2006 11:13 AM

still only as astra at the end of the day, what street creds with that.....?

alwong 12 December 2006 11:16 AM

I enjoyed the VXR and seemed to be as quick as my WRXPPP but went for STI TSL33 instead. Either way I'd been happy with my current car or the VXR. Only thing lacking in the VXR is space!! Back seats are tiny compareed to scoob!

ben25 12 December 2006 11:26 AM

I like the astra VXR power easily upped to 300BHP. What colour did you get?

Jacey Boy 12 December 2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ben25

LOl the pic is above?!

300BHP through the front wheels??

Tidgy 12 December 2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ben25

then it can't go further without major work

gpssti4 12 December 2006 11:30 AM

Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each to their own though, as long as your happy.

I drive an Astra 150SRI TDI for work and it's pants - always bits going wrong with it. I'll never have another Vauxhall.:razz:

Tidgy 12 December 2006 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jacey Boy
LOl the pic is above?!

300BHP through the front wheels??

and this argument on a astra forum, and even though a tuner said they had to adjust the map to ease power back at low revs, they still claimed they could get it down.

how does easing back power mean you can get it down?

once rolling your alright though

Nobbie 12 December 2006 11:37 AM

Its funny, i've gone from a 300bhp FWD Mk3 Astra Gsi Turbo, to a 200bhp Mk4 Astra Gsi, to a Scooby, and you've gone the other way around.
My main thing was traction in the winter, hense the scooby with proper 4x4, i may build another mk3 Astra Turbo for the summer, but we'll see.

PS nice VXR, in the best colour! Get yourself over to Migweb.co.uk, or astra-sport.co.uk.

scoobynutta555 12 December 2006 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by tomfraser
i lost about £6000 when i handed it in,i only had it 8 weeks i think....but i kept the fuel vouchers:thumb:

:cuckoo:

T4molie 12 December 2006 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
:cuckoo:

I have to echo what Scoobynutta has said.... you bought an 06 STi and chopped it in after only 8 weeks??????

You must have too much money burning a hole in your pocket fella!!

Flaps 12 December 2006 12:10 PM

Ditto the above. Didn't you test drive the STI first? I don't see why anyone would buy a brand new car and get rid of it after only 8 weeks! Especially after hearing about how much money you'd lose. That is unless you are loaded, then it kinda makes some sense.

Tidgy 12 December 2006 12:11 PM

other thing to loosing money, you say its a better drive, did you actually give the sti any beans or were you still on the run in map?

Andygreer 12 December 2006 12:16 PM

What is the performanc eliek compaired to your STI?

I like these, but i dont liek vauxhalls as a rule, since they tret my partner liek rubbish

Looks nice tho