ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Fiesta ST (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/565272-fiesta-st.html)

GSM21 10 December 2006 12:43 AM

Fiesta ST

Hi,

recently been looking at Fiesta ST`s in the autotrader and interested in one as a run around, just wondered has anyone got one, or any experiences of them?

Gav 10 December 2006 12:09 PM

My mates got one. Nice cars.

Handle great and the sound of the Duratec engine at full chat is mega!

only donwside to them is that they arn't as quick as the Clio 182's or the Civic Type R but if your not fussed about that the i'd deffo recommend one:thumb:

B16DOE 10 December 2006 03:39 PM

clio every time they kill them st's every time

Flaps 10 December 2006 08:41 PM

I like the look of them, pass a nice red one every day to work. My Mrs likes her 05 Zetec S. Just please don't get one with the stripes on it! :lol1:

RB5_245 13 December 2006 10:48 AM

Much nicer than the alternatives.

I test drove one recently, for a 2.0 in such a small car it was surprisingly gutless and had little low down pull. Very nice drive though, much better than the clio.

I'd have one if I was looking for that sort of car even if it's not as outright quick as the clio.

Fiesta ST Owners Club

Dave

sti-04!! 13 December 2006 11:23 PM

Brand new for £10995

Bargain in my eyes :)

Blueblaster 14 December 2006 10:02 AM

I think they are a great car and good value too. If you like it's looks, the way it drives and can get one for the right price then go for it. And on that one in a million occasion when you might be at the traffic lights next to a Clio you'll just have to make do with being 1 or 2 car lengths behind him when you hit 60mph. I am sure you'll be able to live with that awful stigma:Whatever_

Scooby-Doo 15 December 2006 01:34 AM

Anyone own a white one with blue stripes in the purley redhill area ?

logiclee 15 December 2006 05:14 AM

May not be as fast but it's a much more enjoyable drive than the Clio and you get a comfortable driving position.

I even enjoy driving my old mans 1.6 Ghia Fiesta, Ford got the Fiesta pretty much spot on.

Cheers
Lee

5cby 23 May 2007 09:25 PM

where from???

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 6446364)
Brand new for £10995

Bargain in my eyes :)

LordOfTheRings 23 May 2007 09:32 PM

get a ibiza cupra and remap it. 220hp for less than a ST.

misty 23 May 2007 10:16 PM

Clio's!!!! I murder "em every time I come up against them, gutless wrecks..
Dave

Probein 23 May 2007 10:50 PM

With reference to the recent Citroen C2 thread posted in this forum, I'm going to play the C2 VTS card one more time!

When I bought my C2 it was a toss up between the two (after having seen a comparison of the cars on Top Gear). The C2 is as fast (something like 0.2 seconds slower to 60 and 4MPH slower top speed, which considering it has a 1.6 engine is rather impressive) and costs a great deal less to buy new (and used for that matter, well at least it did when I bought mine, that may have changed though). Also the C2 is insurance group 8, compared to the ST's 13. All in all, the C2 just is a better bargain whatever way you look at it.

Plus, personally, I prefer the look of the C2.

A LOVE ZE FRENCH CORS OH HE OH HE HOR etc

rob878 23 May 2007 11:06 PM

Can't remember which mag (could be EVO) had one on test and after sending it for service and getting a Zetec S rated the Zetec S a better drive. As far as i remember it was something to do with the smaller wheels on the Zetec S giving more feedback etc etc.

They also wondered what happened to all the power compared to fords competition. If you can find a good cup or trophy clio they would be worth a look, I had a series 1 172, with ally bonnet etc, it was a great car even better when eibach'd.

But you pays your money and takes your choice.

blubs 25 May 2007 12:23 AM

rob is right, EVO rated the Zetec S a better buy as they thought the ST was overwheeled and over damped.

I test drove both at length and bought the Zetec S - not as quick in a straight line but waaay better in the twisties (especially when it's wet). Great fun for little hp, less insurance, cheaper and i get 38mpg or so, however I drive it!

Hope this helps

blubs

Norman Dog 25 May 2007 07:10 AM

The only experience I've had with one was when a guy in a red STwith a go faster stripe tried to race me, he failed. Miserably. :lol1:

That said, if you like small warm type hatches, I think they look OK - performance wise, for a 150 BHP hatch they're not that impressive, I used to own the Corsa 1.8 SRi and got similar performance from only 126BHP :)

Flaps 25 May 2007 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by 5cby (Post 6952151)
where from???

I saw this too, but it was when they were running out the old model to replace it with the face lift one (basically just changed the lights). I doubt you can get one at this price now as they have all probably gone, the original post was 6 months ago! :lol1:

Quite surprised to hear the Zetec S getting better reviews!

Abdabz 25 May 2007 12:35 PM

If you go for it, choose one WITHOUT the stipes on the bonnet... People will point and laugh at you on a regular basis if it has the stripes :lol1:
Striped on anything other than a Viper are very very comical :lol1:

prodrive SL 02 June 2007 09:46 PM

Try a ibiza fr 1.8t. Great run about!