ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Anyone played with their Wii yet? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/564875-anyone-played-with-their-wii-yet.html)

boxst 08 December 2006 08:19 AM

Anyone played with their Wii yet?

Just seeing what you all think ...

Steve

Dracoro 08 December 2006 08:25 AM

I'm sure many of us use to play with our wee when we were tiny kids, but we've grownup since then :D

boxst 08 December 2006 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dracoro
I'm sure many of us use to play with our wee when we were tiny kids, but we've grownup since then :D

I'm sure many still play with their wii-wii ...

Steve

GaryK 08 December 2006 10:15 AM

No been on the great wii hunt this morning :( toys-r-arse did have six in + pre-orders but I didnt get there till 9.30 so missed out. Went to argos, they said they're not even doing them now which I thought was strange as they had alot of pre-orders? I reserved one at toys-r-arse, really helpful guy in there (for a change!) so might be able to get one this coming week.

ex-webby 08 December 2006 10:30 AM

Apparantly......

No machines will be available in-store (to just walk in and buy) till after xmas now. Several deliveries are expected between now and christmas, but this are all apparantly spoken for on pre-orders already taken.

1,000,000 units have now been sold...... not bad for 3 weeks! :cry: :eek:

kbsub 08 December 2006 12:16 PM

I have the Console here now ....... but on strict orders not to play with it :razz:

Its for the kids on Christmas day

carlpcross 08 December 2006 12:31 PM

waiting for mine to be delivered, hopefully soon.

carlos..

RoosterRoo 08 December 2006 04:57 PM

Just got a wii as an early pressie form my wife, gonna set it up now and have a play!!!!
:)

richie001 08 December 2006 05:00 PM

how much are they here

ex-webby 08 December 2006 05:46 PM

£179 including Wii Sports Game

DavidBrown 08 December 2006 05:46 PM

(X-posted from my Evo post)

A small snagette with the Wii is that the sensor which you put ontop/below your TV for the wand is wired.. so the Wii needs to be within 6ft of your TV screen, meaning that if you normally hide your game consoles out of sight or your TV receiver is out of sight or you have a large "cinema room" then you're gonna have trouble...

I'm looking forward to either a 12ft Wii sensor cable that I can run through the trunking, or a wireless/battery powered version.

The wand is weird though, works more effectively than I expected.. had a couple of goes of Tennis and Baseball and it's certainly different !

I pre-ordered Zelda from Amazon, should be here tomorrow with any luck.

We're supposed to be going to a gig tonight, but may scrap it for some gaming

JDMCTR 08 December 2006 06:02 PM

Got mine from Woolworths this afternoon.

ex-webby 08 December 2006 06:06 PM

I'm still waiting for the mrs to come home with it, but doubt I will get chance to try it till tomorrow.

Just looked on eBay and they are going for in excess of £400 for JUST the standard console pack! :eek:

NeilT 08 December 2006 06:24 PM

mines arriving tonight, so the evenings booked on Zelda

Will post up something later

Neil

mattbeef 08 December 2006 06:25 PM

My arm is hurting from playing Red Steel all day, its amazing :D

DavidBrown 08 December 2006 06:39 PM

Pleasantly surprised to see it has wireless network too.

Anyone managed to get hold of a SCART/Component cable yet ??

GaryK 08 December 2006 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by DavidBrown
We're supposed to be going to a gig tonight, but may scrap it for some gaming

You're going nowhere my son, *WE* are ALL coming round to have a go ;):)

Gary

BuRR 09 December 2006 12:07 AM

We've been playing Wii sports all night..... fantastic fun

kbsub 09 December 2006 11:18 AM

Anyone playing the Wii thru the component cable ?

leonpoole 09 December 2006 07:39 PM

Im fairly impressed with mine but i cant help think that it's exactly the same machine inside as the gamecube just with better games and features.

ex-webby 09 December 2006 08:37 PM

Thats because it is based on the GC technology. It is reputed to being about twice as powerful though.

wacky.banana 10 December 2006 02:12 AM

Great piece of kit this. Played with my mates wii today (ooer) on my way to pick up mine. Weird and amazing. Played the tennis game,great fun

Expert control takes some doing though but so much fun. This is the key ingredient that seems to have been missing from super-graphic offerings recently.

I can't wait for Xmas day !! :)