ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   A warning to Sat-Nav users.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/564165-a-warning-to-sat-nav-users.html)

Izzy 05 December 2006 01:31 PM

A warning to Sat-Nav users....

Just a quick "heads up" to everyone who has a sat-nav in their car as there have been a few theads recently.....

The thiefing scum of our society luv 'em... :( They are portable so very easy to nick & are easy to sell on the black market, making the scum quick money....

A couple of quick & obvious things not to do with yours;
- Dont leave it on display in the windscreen.
- Take a lot of care to wipe off the succsion cup marks on the windscreen (Theifs see these & know there is a sat-nav either in the glovebox or under the seat. Even if you've taken it with you you will still have the broken window & riffled interior for your trouble).
- Never have your home details entered under "home". Think about it - the theif has your sat-nav so knows where you live, and knows your not there 'cos he's just got it from your car.....

Hope no-one else has the agro following a break-in..... :(

ejrg01 05 December 2006 01:42 PM

I suppose the same can also be said for SNOOPER users etc etc.

Note to self - remove SNOOPER from windscreen and clean sucker marks!!

My New Car

jakeob 05 December 2006 05:32 PM

sounds like alot of messing about to take out the wire, remove the cradle,,,clean the window every time you leave the car.

i think car companies should start to build them in now as standard

TLRDAVE1000 05 December 2006 06:22 PM

Someone watched crime watch,:lol1: (good advice though)

FLAT ERIC 05 December 2006 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Izzy
-Never have your home details entered under "home". Think about it - the thief has your sat-nav so knows where you live, and knows your not there 'cos he's just got it from your car.....

Put any one of these in as your "home". :thumb:

Broadway London SW1H 0BG New Scotland Yard

London EC4M 7EH Old Bailey

Caledonian Road London N7 8TT HMP Pentonville

Mark ;)

silverscoobydan 06 December 2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
Put any one of these in as your "home". :thumb:

Broadway London SW1H 0BG New Scotland Yard

London EC4M 7EH Old Bailey

Caledonian Road London N7 8TT HMP Pentonville

Mark ;)

Hee Hee I assume they are your local police stations.....

When I saw the programme I phoned a mate and told him to put the cop shop down the road in as 'home'. Worth a giggle?

Nick100 06 December 2006 01:13 PM

I watched The Real Hustle a few weeks ago and they highlighted the Home location problem, having lifted a car from a "leave the keys" car park - the car keys were on a bunch, with his house keys :rolleyes: and SatNav in the glovebox.
My Home location since set to be 2 streets away.

Izzy 06 December 2006 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by TLRDAVE1000
Someone watched crime watch,:lol1: (good advice though)

Nope, didnt watch the tv prog ;) Not claiming what i said was original though but thought it worth saying ;)

I dont have a sat-nav myself though - I still use those old-fangled things called maps... :thumb: