ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Drink drive campaign starts today (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/563341-drink-drive-campaign-starts-today.html)

Dazza01 01 December 2006 10:34 PM

Drink drive campaign starts today

In Nottingham and Derby, and the Police have offered rewards of £1000 to anyone who shops a drink driver and the said driver is convicted of the offence.

Question

Would you shop a drink driver for a £1000 ?

FlightMan 01 December 2006 10:35 PM

Damn right. I'd shop a DD for nothing.

lucylastic 01 December 2006 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dazza01
In Nottingham and Derby, and the Police have offered rewards of £1000 to anyone who shops a drink driver and the said driver is convicted of the offence.

Question

Absolutely - I'd shop them for nothing too :)

Dazza01 01 December 2006 10:36 PM

thats 3 of us then:D:D

pslewis 01 December 2006 10:36 PM

YES!!!!

After I'd knocked their teeth down their throat that is!! :mad:

4 ;)

sockpuppet 01 December 2006 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
YES!!!!

After I'd knocked their teeth down their throat that is!! :mad:

4 ;)

:iamwithst

Oooh. that's big talk for a keyboard hero...

hardman... :lol1: :lol1:

Shark Man 01 December 2006 10:41 PM

Where is the £1K comming from? Taxpayer?

In essence I'd be retrieveing what I have already paid in tax ;)

sherlock 01 December 2006 10:45 PM

No mess tins, i'd be on the phone before they had left the bar! :)

pslewis 01 December 2006 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
:iamwithst

Oooh. that's big talk for a keyboard hero...

hardman... :lol1: :lol1:

UncleBuck rolls into town again ruining the site for everyone :rolleyes:

51st state 01 December 2006 11:08 PM

in reality , there is probably less drunk drivers about at this time of year than in the summer:brickwall
why can't the braincells go and be useful, rather than sat on there fat a**es in cars hiding around pub carparks:nono:
if you watch those tv cop chases, listern to what the criminals get as punishment:confused:
if you are hard working tax payer who f**ks up once, you get banned and a huge fine:wonder: ( now your on the dole and claiming every benefit:brickwall )
but if you are a scrout pinching cars, crashing them, risking everyone life everytime you get behind the wheel,:mad: , you get community servce and a holiday or/and a pat on the back:mad:
somethings ass about face here:wonder:

sockpuppet 01 December 2006 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
UncleBuck rolls into town again ruining the site for everyone :rolleyes:

:lol:

" ruining the site for everyone "

That old troll lewis is now part of the scoobynet 'reptard' establishment. I would LMAO if it didn't epitomise what the BBs has become. :lol1:

fatherpierre 01 December 2006 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by 51st state
in reality , there is probably less drunk drivers about at this time of year than in the summer:brickwall
why can't the braincells go and be useful, rather than sat on there fat a**es in cars hiding around pub carparks:nono:
if you watch those tv cop chases, listern to what the criminals get as punishment:confused:
if you are hard working tax payer who f**ks up once, you get banned and a huge fine:wonder: ( now your on the dole and claiming every benefit:brickwall )
but if you are a scrout pinching cars, crashing them, risking everyone life everytime you get behind the wheel,:mad: , you get community servce and a holiday or/and a pat on the back:mad:
somethings ass about face here:wonder:

There are far more drink drivers around Christmas.

I didn't read the rest of your post as it is so badly written/spaced out.

Moonloops 01 December 2006 11:13 PM

I'd shop myself, gain £1000 in "grassing cash", pay a £20 fine, be banned from drivng so save £500 on in insurance, £160 in car tax and, £520 per year in petrol and get free bus rides to work :D:D

LOL

SteveScooby 01 December 2006 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by 51st state

So you'd prefer drunk drivers to get away with it, cause havoc and risk their own and more importantly other peoples lives?

What planet are you on? :iamwithst

alcazar 02 December 2006 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
There are far more drink drivers around Christmas.

Is that true, fp, or is it what hmg want us to believe?

I'm sure I saw an article in one of the better papers this year, come Spring, saying that the majority of drink driving offences take place when light nights come, with folk sitting outside pubs, bars, and each others' homes.......

Alcazar

fatherpierre 02 December 2006 08:27 AM

There's a 5 fold increase in arrests where I work in December and we don't target/stop any more cars than any other time. We only stop cars for DD that are being driven badly, have no lights on - obvious stuff.

I had 7 pissed drivers in 4 nights in the week up to last Xmas. One bloke on Xmas morning (4am) was driving on the wrong side of the road, with no lights on and with sparks coming from one of his shredded wheels.

He had his wife and 2 young kids with him - he was 4 times over the limit!

alcazar 02 December 2006 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
There's a 5 fold increase in arrests where I work in December and we don't target/stop any more cars than any other time. We only stop cars for DD that are being driven badly, have no lights on - obvious stuff.

I had 7 pissed drivers in 4 nights in the week up to last Xmas. One bloke on Xmas morning (4am) was driving on the wrong side of the road, with no lights on and with sparks coming from one of his shredded wheels.

He had his wife and 2 young kids with him - he was 4 times over the limit!

Good grief:eek:

Alcazar

cookstar 02 December 2006 08:35 AM

From hat is see/hear peole seem to be more lkely to DD inhe summer months,due o police beingfar hotteron drik driing tis time of year.

I hate drink drvers :razz:

davyboy 02 December 2006 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar
From hat is see/hear peole seem to be more lkely to DD inhe summer months,due o police beingfar hotteron drik driing tis time of year.

You're not driving this morning are you :freak3:

TDT 02 December 2006 09:02 AM

I had 3 DIC last night. All before 3am. I only started at 11. :mad:

All of the above drew attention to themselves.

Had a text message off one of the lads this morning....one of them blew 150+

Norman D. Landing 02 December 2006 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by TDT
Had a text message off one of the lads this morning....one of them blew 150+

Wow at a fiver per BJ thats a pretty good night ! :hjtwofing

cookstar 02 December 2006 10:32 AM

:lol1:

Abdabz 02 December 2006 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Damn right. I'd shop a DD for nothing.

Ditto :luxhello:

Leslie 02 December 2006 11:34 AM

This business of paying people to encouraging them to shop people is a dangerous precedent in my mind. It is the sort of thing which was encouraged in the old Soviet Union. It opens the door to all kinds of revenge actions and would do nothing to strengthen our British society which is suffering enough already.

I hate the idea of drunk driving as much as anybody and I would be prepared to do all I could to stop a man driving in such a state. I certainly would not need to be paid for doing that though.

Les

Curse of the Rushing Gimp 02 December 2006 11:40 AM

Lets put it on the other foot shall we-- would you shop your best mate, you know his wife(maybe shagged her), godfather to his son etc. Scenario he came out of pub had one or two too many. Not drunk but over, his home is nearby and he's a careful driver not some mindless chav who goes on a reckless joyriding crusade. You'd grass him for a grand? I don't think so :nono:

LUCKO 02 December 2006 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dazza01

yes i would, whats the telephone number :norty:

cookstar 02 December 2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Curse of the Rushing Gimp
Lets put it on the other foot shall we-- would you shop your best mate, you know his wife(maybe shagged her), godfather to his son etc. Scenario he came out of pub had one or two too many. Not drunk but over, his home is nearby and he's a careful driver not some mindless chav who goes on a reckless joyriding crusade. You'd grass him for a grand? I don't think so :nono:

However I would take his keys and call him a cab, as has been done many times :)