ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Car tax has run out - will she get fined if its gets done tomorrow? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/563215-car-tax-has-run-out-will-she-get-fined-if-its-gets-done-tomorrow.html)

The Hoff 01 December 2006 02:11 PM

Car tax has run out - will she get fined if its gets done tomorrow?

Girl I know has not renewed her car tax which was up yesterday. She will be sorting it tomorrow saying that they dont automatically issue the fines and that there is a 7 day leeway period to allow you to get it sorted.

Is this right or has she already got a £60 fine on its way to her?

The Hoff:cool:

lpski1 01 December 2006 02:12 PM

3 month suspended sentance youre looking at :eek:

The Hoff 01 December 2006 02:14 PM

Why me? its her tax!! LOL :)

lpski1 01 December 2006 02:16 PM

3 months suspended sentance she's looking at :eek:

:razz:

The Hoff 01 December 2006 02:20 PM

yea yea yea, any sensible answers!

powerman1 01 December 2006 02:38 PM

it will be fine

WRX_Dazza 01 December 2006 02:42 PM

why dont people renew their tax and insurance on time.

i'd like to see what happens if she runs someone over!!!

grass her up.

dazza :)

wez_sti 01 December 2006 02:46 PM

You get 14 days to do it, which reminds me, gotta pay my fine!!! Grrrr :mad:

Jay m A 01 December 2006 02:49 PM

She'll be fine, she needn't worry.

So tell her that she's in the poo, it'll be on record etc but you know a mate at the DVLA and you should be able to sort it out, depending on how nice she is to you :D

lpski1 01 December 2006 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Hoff
yea yea yea, any sensible answers!

:razz: it was, im a part time Judicator Of The Peace and i wont stand for her blatant ignorance.

Dazza01 01 December 2006 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by wez_sti
You get 14 days to do it, which reminds me, gotta pay my fine!!! Grrrr :mad:

Errrrrr no you don't :nono: not any more, the 14 day trick has long since gone, notice the bar code on your log book, well when they zap that they then zap the one on the tax disc as well, normally takes 2 or 3 days for the computers to update, thus giving her time to get it down today or tomorrow, but soon as these update if she hasn't get her tax or declared it SORN the fine will all ready be on its way :D

wilkoca 01 December 2006 02:59 PM

there are no days of grace

however it took the dvla 6 weeks to fine me when i forgot to re sorn my m~bikes

you'll be fine mate:)

flat4 01 December 2006 03:07 PM

i'm pretty sure i don't bother renewing my car tax dead on time sometimes and leave it a few days, even a week (i don't drive the car on the road in the meantime btw) and never had a problem. I even left the motorbike un-taxed for a good few weeks before i decided to sorn it, not heard anything and that was way back in August :) ...or i'm just lucky :D

lpski1 01 December 2006 03:11 PM

Stupid Kev :thumb:

enjoy your time playing hide the soap with Mr Big.

alcazar 01 December 2006 03:11 PM

I'm not certain that all this "£60 fine if you don't renew, WE know, you can't avoid it, computers rule", that DVLA come out with isn't on a par with the TV license detector vans..........pure bullcrap.

I forgot to renew the tax on the wife's car this year. I was sure I'd done it for a year, but I'd only done it for 6 months.

I was over THREE months late when I realised. No fine, no reminder.

Alcazar

Norman D. Landing 01 December 2006 03:54 PM

Hmm, it's now two and a half months since I was lazy enough to let mine overrun by 28 days. I haven't had a fine (yet).

Now I'm scared, thanks :(

Luke-Avfc 01 December 2006 04:01 PM

My Mrs being the bimbo she is ( mis-placed ) as she called it the reminder:cuckoo:

It wasnt untill i was cleaning her car i realised the tax was 5 wks out of date.

I went to the post office and held my hands up and said we forgot as she does'nt use the car to often :norty:.

Anyway they told me she will get a fine and the dvla would request the money for the missing 5 weeks aswell.

That was in May, ive heard nowt..;)

Stephb1986 01 December 2006 05:18 PM

i was on my holidays when my car tax ran out didnt have a problem when i turned up at the post office 2 weeks later and i didnt get fined either :)

Lee247 01 December 2006 05:41 PM

Taxing mine tomorrow. I forgot :o

turboman786 01 December 2006 09:08 PM

So, how do tv licence detector vans purport to work?...

ronjeramy 01 December 2006 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300
Taxing mine tomorrow. I forgot :o

you had your wr1 6 month lesley?

HankScorpio 01 December 2006 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by turboman786
So, how do tv licence detector vans purport to work?...

Originally Posted by TV Licence man
We have a range of detection tools at our disposal in our vans. Some aspects of the equipment have been developed in such secrecy that engineers working on specific detection methods work in isolation - so not even they know how the other detection methods work. This gives us the best chance of catching licence evaders.

http://www.hankscorpio.net/forumpics...bootyshake.gif to TV Licence man :D

Lee247 01 December 2006 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy
you had your wr1 6 month lesley?

Yes, I can't believe it :eek: Fastest 6 months ever

Diesel 01 December 2006 09:58 PM

TV detector vans CAN detect a frequency your [ora nearby] telly generates in order to tune in to off air broadcasts [its called the IF 'intermediate' frequency and is part of the superhetrodyne way of isolating the channel you want, darhlink!] However it is database driven in reality - like road tax. And God! Those 'big brother' ads on TV are winding me up at the moment.