ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   And you thought scoobs sounded good! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/562627-and-you-thought-scoobs-sounded-good.html)

jonathan100 29 November 2006 03:40 PM

And you thought scoobs sounded good!

I love the way my scoob sounds but id give it and everything i own up for one of these bad boys :norty: :norty: :eek2:

PistonHeads.tv: Ferrari FXX - Rijeka circuit (Track4fun.com)

Tasberley 29 November 2006 04:20 PM

sounds fit!!!!!!! and tail happy!!!!

jonathan100 29 November 2006 04:35 PM

but think of the fun on a wet roundabout lol
new pants neded after every trip

Nat 29 November 2006 05:09 PM

I've never understood why people think scoobs sound good tbh. They're just loud, tuneless and drone on and on. The only 4 cyl engines that sound 'ok' are high reving Honda's occaisionally and even they're quite irritating when you're driving them for any amount of time.

TI7OJO 29 November 2006 05:11 PM

what an absolute animal! :eek2:

andythejock01wrx 29 November 2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21
I've never understood why people think scoobs sound good tbh. They're just loud, tuneless and drone on and on. The only 4 cyl engines that sound 'ok' are high reving Honda's occaisionally and even they're quite irritating when you're driving them for any amount of time.

Have had both Honda Vtec and Scoob.

Scoob is better at low revs for sound, Vtec better at high revs.

ChefDude 29 November 2006 05:22 PM

I had a full decat scoobysport exhaust on a classic turbo and i thought it sounded great until i came across TVRs and ferraris.

compared to them the scoob sounded like a fart in a dustbin.

cheap car, wannabe sounds!

Nat 29 November 2006 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ChefDude
I had a full decat scoobysport exhaust on a classic turbo and i thought it sounded great until i came across TVRs and ferraris.

Spot on.

Chip Sengravy 29 November 2006 05:30 PM

It's a good job he's quick with the opp lock, becuase he's ****e with his right foot !

Terminator X 29 November 2006 05:51 PM

Looks like the car is too fast for him or he's just a poor driver?!! Interesting to see how quickly he went past various Porsches though ... Also glad to see that he didn't answer his mobile when it rang ;)

TX.

andythejock01wrx 29 November 2006 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ChefDude

Pity they cost a bit more !

LG John 29 November 2006 06:15 PM

Scoob is better at low revs for sound, Vtec better at high revs.
I'd agree with that - my S2000 sound not unlike any other 4 pot engine with a big can sub 4000rpm but above that and into vtec and its a whole different beast.

In an ideal world you'd get the low speed dugga-dugga of the Scooby and the high speed Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar of the S2000 or you could just buy an FXX :D

Jaydee5 29 November 2006 06:29 PM

I still think some smart arse should invent ringtones for exhausts..just like for phones :notworthy

My MX5 would have the burble and pops of a scoob :thumb:

Can't be "that" hard, surely :lol1:

AFRIKANZ 29 November 2006 07:23 PM

That's tooooooo nice!

But, think will stick with the scoob for now.............

mart360 29 November 2006 09:02 PM

2:42 and it was nearly a youtube crash vid:D

the guy wasnt very comfortable with the paddle shift, or measuring his speed and gearing in and out of some of the corners.

nice car though

mart :D

Nat 29 November 2006 09:09 PM

The guy seems to collect rare Ferrari's for fun (and an M3!). Fair play to him! Lots more vids of him in his 'normal' enzo, 360 CS, F430 etc on his site :thumb:

Benvenuto

Chris L 29 November 2006 09:20 PM

That car is an animal! :) It does sound good, but then so does a Scoob in its own way too. I also love the sound of the flat 6 in the C4S (with the sports exhaust) that I drove last week and the V8 in the F430 that I drove a few months ago and the V12 AMG in the Zonda that Horacio Pagani loved to make scream when he took me out for test drive in September (makes your spine tingle). I also love the sound of an Elise fitted with a Larini exhaust system. It doesn't have to be exotic and expensive to sound good. Which one sounded best? They all did - who cares? If it gives the car character and makes you laugh or makes you wind down the windows going through a tunnel, just for the hell of listening to the engine note then that's all that matters.

jonathan100 29 November 2006 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L
That car is an animal! :) It does sound good, but then so does a Scoob in its own way too. I also love the sound of the flat 6 in the C4S (with the sports exhaust) that I drove last week and the V8 in the F430 that I drove a few months ago and the V12 AMG in the Zonda that Horacio Pagani loved to make scream when he took me out for test drive in September (makes your spine tingle). I also love the sound of an Elise fitted with a Larini exhaust system. It doesn't have to be exotic and expensive to sound good. Which one sounded best? They all did - who cares? If it gives the car character and makes you laugh or makes you wind down the windows going through a tunnel, just for the hell of listening to the engine note then that's all that matters.

oooooooooooo Get you with the name drops!!

Chris L 30 November 2006 12:55 PM

Couldn't resist :) (second job editing a mate's magazine means I get to drive the odd nice car or two).