ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ZEN anyone? (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/562489-zen-anyone.html)

wrx_yank 28 November 2006 10:15 PM

ZEN anyone?

i deff. need to go to get re-tuned on your holy grail of gasoline here...and i think ZEN is the place to do it.... i plan on going in the next couple weeks and
1. I am terrible with directions
2. I frankly dont want to go alone(what if they use some ENGLISH words and i need a translator:lol1: )

but frankly i am requesting company, and hey, its not all bad.... you could even get a reflash while your there....

I still have yet to canfirm this with ZEN, but when i do, i would also like to know if their rolling road is up and working, or if i could use an alternate so i could get my power #'s to brag to all my american friends who are running 91 octane(do not know the RON rating for that but it is a bit less then the 98 im running now!)

this will probably happen next SAT or the SAT after that.

just looking for any interest

wrx_yank 29 November 2006 09:58 AM

i seem to have convinced my other american friend with a MY05 scoob to go.... you get to be graced with the company of 2 americans for the price of 1.....(not sure if thats a good thing) but if anyone wants to come post here

Neilo 29 November 2006 10:37 AM

dude youll find that your 93 IS our 98, and the 91 our 95, you wont notice that much difference, although you may get a better map anyway ;)

AllenJ 29 November 2006 03:30 PM

I've had work done @ Zen performance, Northamptonshire. I highly recommend them.
Speak to the guys up there, they'll take their time to explain things in plain english, no jargons, no marketing 'jiberish'. They'll give advice on your EXACT requirements. No BS. That's what i found.

wrx_yank 30 November 2006 01:32 AM

i got tuned on 91 oct/95ron so putting 94octane which we have on base currently does nothing for me because the ECU adjusts... but if i were to get a map for 94/98 i would see the benifets to the better petrol....(now it just has me running rich)

by the way... i got mapped in las vegas at 2000ft above sea level in july..in a small shop where my intake temps were +136 deg F.... so you can say that is no longer ACURATE nor IDEAL for these conditions (sea level and cold as hell), which is why my poor car is hating life right now ansd is running like absolute crap.

Neilo 30 November 2006 09:52 AM

good point well made ;) at least its made it this far :D

FLAT ERIC 30 November 2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by wrx_yank
. . . these conditions (sea level and cold as hell), which is why my poor car is hating life right now and is running like absolute crap.

All will be fine once flashed. :thumb:

Just think of cold damp mornings as a bonus when running a turbo. Nice low charge temps, a bit of moisture in the fuel/air mix & sometimes empty roads. Perfect.

Mark ;)

wrx_yank 30 November 2006 10:33 AM

well guess im going alone.....dont worry, im not scared.... see you all on sat.

Cornelius 30 November 2006 04:54 PM

Zen are very helpful, had a chat with them when I rebuilt my engine, top guys