ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Who Would You Expect To Stop If You Broke Down? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/56168-who-would-you-expect-to-stop-if-you-broke-down.html)

Group Captain Smudger 26 November 2001 01:28 PM

Ran out of gas on the way to the Halfway stage of the Rally. Conked out on an unclassified road off the A4067 that runs from Crai to Trecastle. Of about 20 vehicles that went past, (and they all had to slow down because of the angle that the car was "parked"), including a silver W-reg(?) Impreza, the only guy who stopped was in a Discovery. Well I would have expected better from one of the Impreza brethren. Perhaps all the other drivers thought that I was a local the way I'd managed to block everyone's progress.

SWRTWannabe 26 November 2001 02:16 PM

Ran out of petrol at the rally? Your real name isn't Petter Solberg is it? ;)

Group Captain Smudger 26 November 2001 05:10 PM

It was Petter in the Discovery under a blanket. The chap was taking him to Sennybridge Texaco. I'd recognise those blond locks anywhere.

MorayMackenzie 26 November 2001 06:49 PM

Would you expect someone to stop and change your tyre for you if you had a puncture?

Beastie 29 November 2001 07:20 AM

I would if I was Colin Macrae or Richard Burns or my wife!
Beastie

Dizzy 29 November 2001 08:24 AM

I wouldn't ever stop I'm affraid (mybee 4 a lass but that may scare her ;))... far to many car jacking horror stories for my liking :/ Thats why I'm in the AA

Diz.
I live in fear ;)

Gordo 29 November 2001 09:21 AM

The AA

Jerome 29 November 2001 12:59 PM

I also was stupid enough to run out of petrol in the Scoob once. I was looking for a petrol station and managed to end up on a dual carriageway (don't ask!) and it was a very long way to the first exit. Just at the end of the slip road the car stuttered to a halt. I was rather concerned because it was dark and the (black) car was in a dangerous position. I got my empty [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] petrol can and headed off to where I hoped would be a petrol station. On my way I came across a Police traffic car waiting to pull out of a side road. I waved him down and explained that my car was in a dangerous position. All he did was direct me to the nearest petrol station! Probably off to set up a speed trap rather than reduce the length of time a car was stopped in a dangerous position. Anway, a bit further on a white van driver pulled over, gave me a lift to the petrol station, and then to my car. This guy was a complete saint. Saved me about half an hour of walking.

Group Captain Smudger 30 November 2001 04:30 PM

The point I was trying to get across was that a fellow scoobie driver had not even bothered to ask what the problem was - I wasn't necessarily expecting him to assist. Car-jacking doesn't come into the equation as there were four in the Impreza that passed.

Kingsize K2 03 December 2001 07:55 PM

About four weeks ago my MY99 STi conked out joining the M3 at Sunbury heading West on a Friday afternoon. I was sitting there for over an hour (turns out my "Sensor V5 Mass Air Flow" was knackered). In that time, a P1 blasted past me (at LEAST 12 inchs from my drivers door...), as did an STi and two WRX's. I thought I was in Scooby land! But did anyone stop? Not one.

I too was hoping for more from the Scooby brethren...