ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Whats wrong with my car. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/561574-whats-wrong-with-my-car.html)

JOCKEY 25 November 2006 05:13 PM

Whats wrong with my car.

Whenever I break firmly it feels like the front wheels/axle are carrying on moving forwards. Does anyone have any idea what this could be.

JOCKEY 25 November 2006 08:46 PM

Can no one help me.

Phil 25 November 2006 08:54 PM

A very wierd sensation

Get it to a garage if you think it may be the brakes

Will 25 November 2006 08:55 PM

my mate had that om his my95 wrx import. he did nout about it and in the end the breaks seizd and he went in to a wall. so best get your breaks checkd mate

JOCKEY 25 November 2006 09:00 PM

Its not my car, its a company car and its up for its Mot soon, won't be driving it much till then. Would it show up on the Mot or sorry should it if it is a proper Mot, think the garage is a bit dodgy last time needed two new tyres two weeks after passing Mot because completely bald. It has to go to that car garage though.

RUDDY 25 November 2006 09:10 PM

dodgey ABS maybe!
my old car was terrible in certain situations. the feeling was hard to explain but kind of how you put it! i diconected the ABS and it didnt do it!

JOCKEY 25 November 2006 09:13 PM

How do you fix dodgy ABS. Will I be ok to drive it sensibly no fast driving.

Will 25 November 2006 09:20 PM

should be ok if you drive it sensibly. but try and avoid driving far mate. get the abs and all that checkd and go to a proper MOT center and not a dodgy 1. life is more important than saving a few quid fela

RUDDY 25 November 2006 09:34 PM

take the ABS fuse out and see if this improves things??
to be honest im just trying to give you ideas might be nothing to do with the ABS :wonder:

Will 25 November 2006 09:49 PM

my mate said after the crash his brake pads was stuck to his disks!!!!

Shark Man 25 November 2006 09:52 PM

I would not rely on MOT to show up faulty brakes, as it is just a very basic visual inspection and efficiency test, that can be easily passed on a modern car by using mars bars for brake pads.

Will 25 November 2006 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man
I would not rely on MOT to show up faulty brakes, as it is just a very basic visual inspection and efficiency test, that can be easily passed on a modern car by using mars bars for brake pads.

i agree. take it to a proper garage mate, it will be worth it in the end

JOCKEY 09 January 2007 05:25 PM

The car has today passed its MOT with the problem I stated, it also has a slight crack in the windscreen which I thought would be a fail as its in the path of the wipers. I dont pay anything towards the car, so I dont have a choice where it goes for its MOT/Service.
Sounds like a dodgy garage to me and a main dealer also!