ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WRX folk with STi Spoilers (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/560575-wrx-folk-with-sti-spoilers.html)

Russellg911 21 November 2006 06:31 PM

WRX folk with STi Spoilers

Please can you tell me where you got yours from and who fitted / painted it.

I live in Herts but willing to travel for good workmanship

Cheers
R

KTM3 21 November 2006 06:34 PM

Where abouts in Herts?

You can pick them up from most places, SN, Ebay, ect.... And I know of a good garage in Herts that will spray.

Or have a look at DRMotorsports, they supply painted :) Have not used them myself before, but know people who have, not a bad word heard as yet.

Russellg911 21 November 2006 06:41 PM

Cheers Buddy
The plan was to buy a painted one from scoobyworld and then find a body shop in Herts to fit it.
I live near Bishops Stortford and Ware :-)

geordiewrx 21 November 2006 06:44 PM

bought mine from Revolution but am in newcastle if you want bodyshop pm me

Russellg911 21 November 2006 06:56 PM

Cheers Geordie...I think Newcastle would be a little bit far to go buc thanks for the link to that site...I assume you are pleased with the quality? Is there much work involved with removing the std item and fitting the new one?

cookstar 21 November 2006 06:58 PM

Hi

I bought one from EBAY and yes its ****e :thumb:

Would not recomend getting a cheapish fibreglass one unless you have a very good bodyshop who is willing to spend a LOT of time prepping it. :)

Russellg911 21 November 2006 07:09 PM

Oh dear :(
So the ones on the above sites are not fibreglass then and should be ok?
I avoid e-bay at all costs ;)

mickywrx 21 November 2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
Hi

I bought one from EBAY and yes its ****e :thumb:

Would not recomend getting a cheapish fibreglass one unless you have a very good bodyshop who is willing to spend a LOT of time prepping it. :)

I bought a one bloody ages ago from ESP design. The quality looks good, and it was half price in the sale :lol1: Still in it's box though unpainted :(

Heard some bad stuff about Ebay replicas.

Knighty99 21 November 2006 07:28 PM

I work at Marshall Pannel Craft in Hertford if u get one we can paint and fit it? Were an insurance aproved body shop with one of the best reputations around:thumb:

Russellg911 21 November 2006 07:37 PM

Now that sounds good!
Any idea on cost of fitting as I'm looking to buy it painted
Are you along gascoyne way?!

MickeyWRX 21 November 2006 07:37 PM

i recently got mine bought, painted and fitted at Scoobyclinic - i made the trip from northumberland to derby and back because i heard they really good but not cheap in money.

i did buy an exact same spoiler from a local company and found it was really bad quality so end up selling it before it was even painted.

the one i have got on the car now is really good quality, paint work is spot on, except there are 3 holes left open on either side of the spoiler which you cant see unless you duck your head under, which i thought was very bad workmanship consdering i paid over £500 for it but on the hole iam very happy with it

hope this helps!

H12MRO 21 November 2006 07:42 PM

Russellg911 - Im also looking for a STI spoiler.
Im in the Bishop Stortford area, so if you want to do it together:norty:
Let me know

Russellg911 21 November 2006 07:43 PM

thanks mickey...why are there holes?!!

Russellg911 21 November 2006 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by H12MRO
Russellg911 - Im also looking for a STI spoiler.
Im in the Bishop Stortford area, so if you want to do it together:norty:
Let me know

Deffo...where exactly are you mate?
I'm in Puckeridge lol :(

Hungrytang 21 November 2006 07:44 PM

Mine came from SCOOBYWORLD ready painted and I have no complaints its top notch.:thumb:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2.../sccowith2.jpg

Fitted by a local bodyshop cost 50 quid cash.

H12MRO 21 November 2006 07:45 PM

Stansted

Your not that far then.

Visit Brughing most days (Family probs)
Talk shop if you want to meet up

Russellg911 21 November 2006 07:46 PM

cheers, how much did you pay for the spolier?

mickywrx 21 November 2006 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by MickeyWRX
i recently got mine bought, painted and fitted at Scoobyclinic - i made the trip from northumberland to derby and back because i heard they really good but not cheap in money.

i did buy an exact same spoiler from a local company and found it was really bad quality so end up selling it before it was even painted.

the one i have got on the car now is really good quality, paint work is spot on, except there are 3 holes left open on either side of the spoiler which you cant see unless you duck your head under, which i thought was very bad workmanship consdering i paid over £500 for it but on the hole iam very happy with it

hope this helps!

Where in Northumberland you from mate? I'm in the TOON :D

Get signed in here TTS

Hungrytang 21 November 2006 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Russellg911
cheers, how much did you pay for the spolier?

Cost 350 for the spoiler and 20 delivery

so 370 all in with fitting kit inc.

Mine also has the 3 holes at either side, But its not an issue.

Russellg911 21 November 2006 07:58 PM

Okay well I think my plan is to purchase from scoobyworld and possibly get fitted at Knighty's place...if the price is right...

H12MRO - I will be aiming for early December mate as I have cash waiting :D

H12MRO 21 November 2006 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Russellg911
H12MRO - I will be aiming for early December mate as I have cash waiting :D

Might be a bit soon for me mate.
Keep me posted on fitting and how goes.

Might see you in the area:)

MickeyWRX 21 November 2006 08:07 PM

allo Micky, cheers for that i never even knew about that website, will joining it in a couple of mins

Im up near Alnwick, there are a few Imprezas up here but mostly corsas and all that stuff!

Russellg911 21 November 2006 08:07 PM

Ok mate, well once I'm certain to go for it I shall let you know and we'll see what the score is...good to meet a local as I dont know anyone yet lol

Pick my car up on sat :-)

MaDaSS 21 November 2006 08:26 PM

Nah, leave it standard. I like being a little bit of a 'sleeper' as it were. LOL.
Standard looking car that goes quicker than standard, now thats worth spending money on! :D

Knighty99 21 November 2006 08:45 PM

Now that sounds good!
Any idea on cost of fitting as I'm looking to buy it painted
Are you along gascoyne way?!
Were in the Industrial estate near Tesco's the road were on is called Marshgate Drive. Phone up and get a quote? Marshall Pannel Craft:- 01992 551 069

Russellg911 21 November 2006 08:56 PM

Thanks, I certainly will
Am looking to get my s/skirts colour coded too ;)

SwissTony 21 November 2006 09:27 PM

russell,
PM or search for SWEN6, he lives hemel way and I used his local bodyshop for spraying his old STI spoiler off his Type r...very good work.

DR Motorsport are great...spoeak to david...

geordiewrx 21 November 2006 10:08 PM

yes happy with revolution one i bought second hand from here origionally from revolution though, revolution now sell at £199 i beleive good quality, avoid ebay though cost in total for purchase, p+p spray and fit was £320

swtmerce 21 November 2006 10:40 PM

Hi you guys from Herts. I'm in herts too but I use a guy down in Edgware so maybe a little far. Anyway I have an ulterior motive more posting :norty: . Please check out hertssubarus.net. Thanks :luxhello:

Russellg911 21 November 2006 10:42 PM

Did you have a spoiler fitted merce?