ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why wait and follow?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/560100-why-wait-and-follow.html)

Tripple'O G 20 November 2006 10:05 AM

Why wait and follow??

There we were yesterday, my mate in his +++bhp rex and myself in the scoob, on our way to fill up with v-juice as we were going to get the cars cleaned.....when a little red Astra GSI decided to follow us....

The cars were still cold so it was left lane cruising....and pulled into the garage.....the astra pulled in behind us....

We all filled up but as you can imagine, my mate and I were at the pumps a little longer that the Astra lad....
So he goes out, starts his car....then waits.....
A bit strange but never mind.....

We both pay, get back in our cars and start to pull off when the Astra pulls out behind us again....

Ok ok, we're doing a U turn at this set of lights and if he follows us then we've gt a problem....
He does.....so he more than likely wants a burn but why follow us in such a fashion?

We don't do anything and he just sits in behind us.....
So now, Off duty copper? thief on the prowl? or just a dumb sh1t with nothing else better to do then wait for a race....

Has this happened to anyone else???

ScoobyDoo555 20 November 2006 10:10 AM

Might have just been a petrol-head. Jap "exotica" is still held in high regard amongst the car community, despite what you might hear on Scoobynet!, however, you were probably right to be a little suspicious :)

Dan

stilover 20 November 2006 10:11 AM

Could be a thieving scum bag, wanting to follow you, just in case you were going home.
He finds out where you live, then comes back with a few mates to relieve you of your car !!!!

powerman1 20 November 2006 10:13 AM

drive to the nearest police station...usually puts em off.Could be following to see where you live.......

Tripple'O G 20 November 2006 10:15 AM

Thats what I was thinking....he did eventually tail off but it just has a strange "feel" to it.....

More than likely he was just trying to have a race or something but still, even if that was the case you'd have to be really fcuking stupid to pick on two cars like this....

Not that I want to get into the whole, good car/bad car thang.......

D00 20 November 2006 10:15 AM

Petrol Head I reckon!

Tripple'O G 20 November 2006 10:18 AM

Even still, i'm a petrol head but have never gone out of my way to follow someone into a petrol agarge, around the streets etc.....

Do people really do it to that extent?!?!?

wrx-kenny 20 November 2006 10:20 AM

seems a bit over the top tbh

very strange indeed

WHEELSHOP0_0 20 November 2006 10:23 AM

Could have a perfectly reasonable reason but might not:(
If this ever happens to me I never drive to where the car will be parked unattended for any time, also tend to stay in and around other cars as less likely to get carjacked with lots of other traffic.
And if all else fails I would drive to a Police station.

Be aware and safe out there.

powerman1 20 November 2006 10:24 AM

I wouldnt trust anyone these days and would treat anything like this with deep suspicion.My wife was followed home a couple of years ago and the thief opened the house door and stole our car at teatime while we were in the kitchen

STi wanna Subaru 20 November 2006 10:26 AM

Maybe he's gay and thought you two guys looked cute?

Tripple'O G 20 November 2006 10:28 AM

lol :lol:

Well I am pretty fine....but he had a girl with him (I think it was anyway....maybe on the verge of girl and it)

He'd have a problem keeping up if it came to chasing anyway.......just playing....

davyboy 20 November 2006 10:38 AM

Probably a dumb sh1t who wanted to race on public roads.....

GazTheHat 20 November 2006 04:28 PM

Right to be paranoid i think. I haven't done anything like that, nor had it done to me. With the current carjacking scene, i would've written his plate down. Or pulled him over.

Bet it was a petrol head though...

Amazing how many eejits were on my rear bumper this morning, especially as i was in limp-mode before the remap. They see the spoiler/scoop and zoom in midges to english-man. :lol1:

Martin WRX22 20 November 2006 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
There we were yesterday, my mate in his +++bhp rex and myself in the scoob, on our way to fill up with v-juice as we were going to get the cars cleaned.....when a little red Astra GSI decided to follow us....

The cars were still cold so it was left lane cruising....and pulled into the garage.....the astra pulled in behind us....

We all filled up but as you can imagine, my mate and I were at the pumps a little longer that the Astra lad....

We both pay, get back in our cars and start to pull off when the Astra pulls out behind us again....

Ok ok, we're doing a U turn at this set of lights and if he follows us then we've gt a problem....
He does.....so he more than likely wants a burn but why follow us in such a fashion?

So now, Off duty copper? thief on the prowl? or just a dumb sh1t with nothing else better to do then wait for a race....

Has this happened to anyone else???

Don`t say you raced him on here FFS:p

Tripple'O G 20 November 2006 04:42 PM

As there were two of us in two seperate cars we should have jumped out but it's was more than likely a petrol head...

Even though....following a scooby and a rex going the opposite way from where you were heading in the first place?
By all means....if your heading the same way....but to go out of your way just to wait for a posibility of a race.....surely not??

AND IN AN ASTRA GSI!?!???:norty:

agent003 20 November 2006 04:56 PM

As there were two of us in two seperate cars we should have jumped out but it's was more than likely a petrol head...

Even though....following a scooby and a rex going the opposite way from where you were heading in the first place?
By all means....if your heading the same way....but to go out of your way just to wait for a posibility of a race.....surely not??

AND IN AN ASTRA GSI!?!???:norty:

Well m8...one never knows whats under that bonnet.

Even so you were right to be paranoid... next time take the plate and report it to the police... you never know... the car could be stolen, uninsured etc or the driver could have a history of previously being a meance.

BR

SVVG 20 November 2006 05:11 PM

Had a similar thing a while ago - had come back very late from Leicester to my folks place where the car lives :) - was crawling though "the village" (he says in best Little Britain camp, Welsh accent) to warm down, not wake up neghbours, and not destroy car on speed bumps, when two shifty as fook guys in an old knackered out Merc sidled by, turned into a closed pub car park, after oogling my beast (the car....) as they drove by, then turned round and started to catch me up over the bumps - got to a round about - they followed me all the way round once, so did another circle and then booted it. Was well dodgy, and made me kind of freaked out that I'd been followed - but kind of loving the fact that I could dissappear on cue... Think moral of the story is don't stop moving, and head to nearest Cop shop as advised above - unless you're near the twisties and fancy your chances against a 20 year old 2 ton heap....

Really pssed me off as had had a very plaasant incident-free trip out until that point.

Tripple'O G 21 November 2006 08:12 AM

[QUOTEWell m8...one never knows whats under that bonnet.
][/QUOTE]

and engine?
and an old vauxhall one at that?

Just playing.....

EOEUMC 21 November 2006 09:13 AM

Then what happened? Did you go home or did you go somewhere else and he followed???
May just of been following you thinking that you were going to a cruise/show or something else!

92typeRA 21 November 2006 10:51 AM

dose sound a bit strange that. but im thiking iff hes driving a astra gsi he dose like cars a would love to have a subaru:lol1:

as for what under the bonnet ive seen many off astra gsi with c20let in them
easy to tune . get 300bhp no problems out off a c20let. a good 1 would easy keep up with a subaru on the st8s on the twistes the astra would die ....might off been looking for a race so he could go telling his mates he smoked a subaru ( only iff it was a turbo astra )

as above iff you feel somthing is wrong drive to the closest cop shop

Tripple'O G 21 November 2006 10:58 AM

even if it was a 300bhp special....it wouldn't have kept up :lol1:

and the more I think of it, he probably was just following looking for a race.....but i've never seen that before, following for such a length of time....so next time i'll be more aware....
and the "kept up with a subaru".......that still makes me laugh when people do it.....

92typeRA 21 November 2006 11:17 AM

iff your car it tuned yeh you would blow him away.
iff you dont think a turbo astra will ever beat ya or keep up with ya i think you should get up to crail raceway and have a wee go at the mk3 astra turbo and the mk2 astra turbo. that ive seen beat subarus evos ect.

thats why ppl build these kind off car so thay can see the look on the face when thay fly past ya just the same as i bet you done whn you fly past a ruff m3 evo ect lol

anyway thats a diff story:lol1:

be safe mate and tc:thumb:

Tripple'O G 21 November 2006 11:22 AM

Never said that....
Just don't like vauxhalls in general :thumb:

92typeRA 21 November 2006 12:25 PM

Never said that....
Just don't like vauxhalls in general :thumb:

that was my old vauxhall head coming out :lol1: :lol1: :thumb: its all good

WHEELSHOP0_0 21 November 2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 92typeRA
that was my old vauxhall head coming out :lol1: :lol1: :thumb: its all good

Do you know Ryan that runs the twin engined Astra at Crail?

He also has the fastest Calibra in Britain(Vauxhall Performance Owners Club Day).at Santa Pod.

92typeRA 21 November 2006 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by WHEELSHOP0_0
Do you know Ryan that runs the twin engined Astra at Crail?

He also has the fastest Calibra in Britain(Vauxhall Performance Owners Club Day).at Santa Pod.

dont think i do. twin engined red top:eek2: i bet that thing can shift. what sorta time was the cally running?