ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Styling (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/)
-   -   Bigger Spolier! (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/560027-bigger-spolier.html)

wr rob 19 November 2006 09:11 PM

Bigger Spolier!

Anybody got one of these spoilers?
Is to go on my 2003 WRX, they fit well? Look good etc
Cheers

http://www.drmotorsport.co.uk/Spoile...%208%20GT3.jpg

Risk Taker 20 November 2006 05:50 PM

Milsport had some a few days ago when I was there last.

Milsport.

alcazar 20 November 2006 06:47 PM

I've only ever read good stuff on here about stuff from DR Motorsport, and I've been around for yonks..........

Alcazar

wr rob 20 November 2006 11:14 PM

Cheers Alcazar

Tissy 21 November 2006 07:25 PM

mmmm, seems exactly what i am looking for as i want this type of spoiler for my 55 WRX and didn't want to add extra holes into the bootlid.

Direct quote from site:

"This is an exact replica of the genuine STi rear spoiler, with the overall size and weight the same.
It is a 2 piece rear spoiler joined half way up the sides, and with a brake light in the bottom section. If you own any WRX or early STi bug-eye Impreza, this spoiler will fit using the original 4 holes in the bootlid. There is no need to drill extra holes with this spoiler. (Once again almost all other suppliers spoilers need new holes drilled as they don't align with the original holes)."

£300 including painting isn't a bad price either.

Anyone already bought one of these and can comment on quality of spoiler and paintwork.

Cheers.

Mike1609 21 November 2006 08:18 PM

Yep, i have a DRM replica STi spoiler on my 54 reg WRX. The quality and fit are excellent and the paintwork is near perfect with only a couple of very minor blemishes.
My one came with a clear brakelight so it does look very similar to an OE item and best of all it fits using just the original 4 holes and some double sided tape (recommended for extra security).

The only slight issue for me is that the brakelight is held in by 2 screws which are visable at each end of the brakelight. Although, i have recently looked at modifying the spoiler slightly to accept the original Subaru brakelight and it doesn't look as if too much work would be needed.

Overall i am extremely happy with the spoiler and although I am very picky, I would highly recommend using DRM.
:thumb:

Tissy 21 November 2006 11:02 PM

If you got a minute, can you either post or email a picture of the spoiler fitted, particulalry of the brake light you mention.

Many thanks,

Steve

Mike1609 22 November 2006 10:51 AM

No problem, e-mail sent mate.

Cheers,

Mike

funkyspider 24 November 2006 11:39 AM

I would avoid buying a spoiler from revolution. I bought one and the finish was shocking quality. I ended up chucking it away as they wouldnt take it back because I had sprayed it. It was that crap I wouldnt fit it. !!

I'm not saying don't buy anything from Revolution, just avoid their body kit stuff IMO.

I now have the rallytech from DR Motorsport, more expensive, but I think the sweeping looks finish off the bugeye better than the standard STi one personally.

Rallytech Rear Spoilers

wr rob 24 November 2006 04:03 PM

Would there be anyway of organinsing a group by from DR Motorsport?
Am sure if we had enough interest it could be done.
What do people think? :luxhello:

MrBush 24 November 2006 10:14 PM

I enquired about only purchasing 2 from DR Motorsport (myself and Tissy) as i wasn't sure as to how many people would be interested and they said that they would knock of the price of delivery on them which worked out at £50 for the pair so i am sure that for a few of us maybe purchasing they might be able to sort something out! :thumb:

wr rob 24 November 2006 10:22 PM

Sounds good to me!
Anyone else interested???????:luxhello:

MrBush 24 November 2006 10:31 PM

Do you think we should get a few names before we get in-touch with them to ask about prices? :wonder:

wr rob 24 November 2006 10:37 PM

Sounds like the best way to go mate.
Any discount is good imo:)

MrBush 24 November 2006 10:41 PM

I will email them to see what if any discount they can give on 10 spoilers and 20 and so on?

What do you think? :wonder:

wr rob 24 November 2006 10:50 PM

Top man!:notworthy

MrBush 24 November 2006 10:52 PM

E-mail sent...................... just sit back and wait. :thumb:

stevebennett 26 November 2006 11:35 PM

Would be interested in a group buy in this..

Just to register interst

Steve

wr rob 26 November 2006 11:54 PM

Good lad!

scooby51 28 November 2006 12:15 AM

just what i've been looking for too

let me know what price you get

could be a very nice xmas pressie!!!!!!

Andygreer 28 November 2006 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mike1609
Yep, i have a DRM replica STi spoiler on my 54 reg WRX. The quality and fit are excellent and the paintwork is near perfect with only a couple of very minor blemishes.
My one came with a clear brakelight so it does look very similar to an OE item and best of all it fits using just the original 4 holes and some double sided tape (recommended for extra security).

The only slight issue for me is that the brakelight is held in by 2 screws which are visable at each end of the brakelight. Although, i have recently looked at modifying the spoiler slightly to accept the original Subaru brakelight and it doesn't look as if too much work would be needed.

Overall i am extremely happy with the spoiler and although I am very picky, I would highly recommend using DRM.

Any pics mate

Moon Goose 28 November 2006 06:11 PM

I might be intrested in one ....but depending on price :(

stevebennett 05 December 2006 09:39 PM

Any News on a group buy price?

Tissy 05 December 2006 09:48 PM

Sorry mate, i forgot to update this thread.

Have a look at this thread which we have been running over on the ESC thread. Lots of use of the word 'thread' there :wonder:

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...ml

Basically we can get the DRM spoiler instead of £325 inc painting and p&p, we can get it at £280 if there is 5 of us. So there is 2 spaces left. Please update that thread if you want one for sure and we'll advise how to make payment.

WRX-Jo 14 December 2006 12:10 PM

I think we are still waiting for two more people to confirm and then we are ready to order. Details on the ESC thread:

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoob...ml#post6401567