ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Star 25/11/2001 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/55965-star-25-11-2001-a.html)

Robertio 25 November 2001 01:08 PM

Thanks to John for organising it :) and whoever it was that found my 14 missing horses from last year :D

Std MY00:
218.5 bhp
221 lbf-ft

According to my print out it was 48 degrees C :D it certainly didn't feel like it ;)

Pete, did you get a copy of the results there, or do you want me to scan them in and e-mail them (if so what format)?

BTYW, I put a couple of pictures up:
Star Picts

teknopete 25 November 2001 06:25 PM

S up Robertio ?

Yeah, was anuver good day @ Star.
Big thanks to John 4 organising it and Jim and the lads for
having us :) Good turnout by fellow scoobynetters & crailthrashers
(of which all the usual suspects were there :) ) Good 2 c some new faces turning up as well. B4 any one asks "no" mine didn`t run :(
Didn`t have time 2 remap it as only finished wiring the new lambda sensor at 08:20 this morning (in MC D`s carpark :p ).

I got coppies of all the Scoobies (18) & Evo (3) runs as well as at least one pic of them on the rollers ;)
All this will be appended into the Scottish Rolling Road Results 2001 page over the next day or 2 as promised then will be available for viewing at [urlhttp://www.scoobymods.co.uk/SRollingRoad01.htm[/url]
the pix I`ll post another link for as there were so many and I need to blank out all the plates ;)

All i ask is that everyone who ran email me direct with :
1/ Their prefered oweners name (as to be shown on site)
2/ List of upgrades (if u haven`t told me already)
3/ The cars colour & first three digits of their reg number.
so i can tie everything together (THIS WILL GO NO FUTHER THAN
ME ;)

Also got some dyno results and pics for a few of the others ;)
Didn`t get all the other motas though as I was knackered by 15:10 (2 many L8 nights) and headed off whilst still awake.

If anyone who was there today, that i didn`t get a copy of their dyno print wants their results added to the Scottish Rolling Road Results 2001 page. Email the following to me :
1/ a copy of your plot
2/ details of relevent upgrades
3/ owners name (as will be shown on web)
4/ a pic from the rollers if u have one.

Thanks again 2 all involved for making it a good day ;)
And contributing to the dyno page.

L8r peebs
Pete

8vastra 25 November 2001 07:57 PM

i have a few pics too, it ok if i email them as they are to you teknopete?

teknopete 25 November 2001 08:12 PM

8vastra,

Hell yeah m8 jus mail them over 2 me ;)
teknopete@scoobymods.co.uk

Cheers bud
Pete

8vastra 25 November 2001 08:13 PM

(big email) - sending :)

[Edited by 8vastra - 11/25/2001 8:13:42 PM]

8vastra 25 November 2001 09:11 PM

get em? i got an autoresponse email saying it was delivered anyhoo

dougies549 25 November 2001 10:00 PM

Lo Pete

How's it going there m8ty :)

John P thanks for a good day again, u canny stop organizing these days, who else wopuld do it. :) :p :cool:

Pete will sent details of my old man's scoob to u.

Tuk so when u selling u motar now then?????

Robertio Never saw u leave,u must have slid out like a snake.

Heres to the next one John

Se u all soon

Dougie_+ Diana :rolleyes:

WUZ 25 November 2001 10:56 PM

Has to be said.................superb day had by all!

well chuffed with my power figures (237bhp)

looking forward to the next one!

Russell

rgu 25 November 2001 11:20 PM

Well done John! Great to see a big turnout. Sent my details to teknopete. 254BHP / 241lbf-ft :D :D

John Stevenson 25 November 2001 11:48 PM

Thanks again John... you are a 'Star'

evojkp 26 November 2001 09:52 AM

Good to see most of you enjoyed the day, although totally bloody baltic as usual!!!

A big thanks to Jim and the lads for 1st class service all day, everyone spoke highly of the set-up. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you Jim before I left, but you were a wee bit busy.

I was well chuffed with my figures @ 341.5 bhp (got to remember the 0.5 !!) and 297 lbs torque on 1 bar of boost.

After speaking with Sam it looks like I'll be keeping the Evo and starting to mod it for some increase in power, although I don't think I'll go as chicken oriental as Sam is going to, with his new Evo 7 :eek:

Time for a break for the festive season, how about another day sometime around March/April, which will allow time for mods and pub talk to grow??

Only real complaint on the day was the Ginger Whinger winning the WRC title :( At least you'll have a real driver next year.

...John
Focused and back on track :)

T-uk 26 November 2001 10:03 AM

great day,thanks to all who organised it.

did the linked car run again and if so what was the out come?

Dougie,

not going to sell the car just jelouse as fcuk of the Evo 6 ;) ,get one,add full exhaust and filter and get 341bhp

Richie1 26 November 2001 02:32 PM

Like most ppl I was well chuffed too. Standard Cavalier Turbo with only a custom intercooler -

238.5 BHP @ 5420RPM
243 lb/ft @ 3340RPM

Need to fiddle a bit with the actuator tho as its slightly lower (0.7 bar overboost and 0.5 bar normal) than normal factory boost levels (0.8 bar overboost and 0.6 bar normal) :D :D

Not bad tho considering the standard Cav Turbo is 204BHP and 206 lb/ft :)

Do you just want Jap prinouts and figures or do you want any car Pete ??

John, good day all round shame I never got to see you before you left tho..... only 3 or 4 Vauxhalls ran BTW ;)

Here's me car on the rollers :) -

http://www.colt.demon.co.uk/CavTurbo...ar_rollers.jpg

[Edited by Richie1 - 11/26/2001 2:48:12 PM]

Richie1 26 November 2001 02:59 PM

Another interesting result was a Vauxhall Calibra Turbo running a Phase III kit and Water Injection -

304BHP
333lb/ft

Sorry cant remember the engine speeds for each :(

Sam Elassar 26 November 2001 06:10 PM

i am not going to modify my new car much, i wil just get the ecu to be safe first and also probably save myself money on petrol. and then i will see how it performs on track. depending on the opposition of course :D as always.;) :)

Robertio 26 November 2001 06:39 PM

hissssssssssssssssssss
Dougie I didn't sneak out, honest :) you were out parking the V reg, but weren't around when I got round to my car, guess you must have sneaked back in when I was thanking John for setting up the day.

[slithers away...]

BTW, if you send us a mail with the list of hardware on your machine I'll check for any updated drivers for you.

teknopete 26 November 2001 07:40 PM

Richie,

Anything that runs on one of our days goes on the list m8 ;)
Email me the gen. BTW i got the printout for the 1st
Cav, the 246lb-ft one. Jus need a name to put to it ;)

Gareth Allan 27 November 2001 09:16 AM

T-uk,

yes, my linked scoob did run again, with minor changes but we are a bit disappointed - only 239 bhp - but it did make 268 lbft torque at only 3500 rpm, which is why it feels so good on the road.

Some further research and fiddling is required to boost the top end a bit further.

Gareth

DaveyD 29 November 2001 11:28 AM

Yip well done to thise who organised the day made for interesting viewing.

Russs 29 November 2001 02:00 PM

Pete,
Guy with 246lb/ft torque Cavs name is Neil Gall, from Kemnay, Aberdeenshire.
Similar spec to mine, less water inj and intake mod.

Russ

teknopete 29 November 2001 05:24 PM

Cheers Russs I`ll sort that on the page ;)

Pete