ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   giving us a bad name (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/559390-giving-us-a-bad-name.html)

Milamber 17 November 2006 04:34 PM

giving us a bad name

drunk, uninsured knob nicks an impreza then kills someone

Makes me mad I tell ya :o

bibo_boy 17 November 2006 07:17 PM

This makes my blood boil!!!!!!

cookstar 17 November 2006 07:20 PM

The Impreza was taken without authority though. Could have been any car

bigmick 18 November 2006 11:00 AM

fcukin t**t :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tomski_908 18 November 2006 12:23 PM

That flyover is a death trap!! :eek:

Pro Boy 18 November 2006 06:05 PM

lock him up

Milamber 18 November 2006 06:09 PM

he has been

WRX_Dazza 18 November 2006 07:37 PM

scum :(

alex_00s 18 November 2006 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
The Impreza was taken without authority though. Could have been any car

TWOCer

Taken Without Owners Consent... thats the term given to these offences these days... :Whatever_

cookstar 18 November 2006 09:24 PM

it was called TDA back in my day

IN THE STICKS 18 November 2006 09:52 PM

I hope he has a really 'nice' time inside ,:razz: the tw*t

Adidas 19 November 2006 09:25 AM

it was called TDA back in my day

Don't worry mate, it still is if it's within the Met Police area.

Either way the people who nick motors are scum :mad:

cookstar 19 November 2006 10:21 AM

Agreed, just read my post and it sounded like i partook in TDA, I did not :)

scoobynut555 19 November 2006 10:26 AM

Agreed, just read my post and it sounded like i partook in TDA, I did not :)

You just drive your own car like it :hjtwofing

Milamber 19 November 2006 10:31 AM

:lol1:

cookstar 19 November 2006 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynut555
You just drive your own car like it :hjtwofing

Harsh, how is the hesitation :p

scoobynut555 19 November 2006 05:25 PM

Harsh, how is the hesitation :p

Still crap, looking at another scoob now :Whatever_ can't keep away

cookstar 19 November 2006 06:07 PM

:lol1: knew it wouldnt be long

Tiny 19 November 2006 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynut555
looking at another scoob now :Whatever_ can't keep away

Good Boy :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

John1uk 19 November 2006 08:21 PM

Sorry but this is not directed at anyone in particular.. just having a say thats all.....

Is so bad cos it was a Subaru! or is it just peoples opinion that there was a person killed because someone stole a car......Don't get me wrong i don't agree either way, But are they Really Scum? are they really that bad that you would Pi$$ on them...Please somebody in here throw the first stone at me if you have never broken the law!! :Suspiciou

I have been in the club for about 14 months now and i for one have a heavy foot :( If i had killed someone through reckless driving " would i be as bad as the person who stole the car and killed that man in chelmsford?"

What im saying at the end of the day is...why would US *subaru drivers* be tarred with that image.....the car was stolen. If it was a Bently or Rolls Royce that was stolen would they also get a bad name......No i don't think so...so threads like this are pointless IMO. At the end of the day all it does is just wind people up...Do we need it??

Is it just me that has this opinion?

Milamber 19 November 2006 09:37 PM

If you were drunk and uninsured and decided to knick a car John then you deserve Mr BIG at the prison you'd end up in. (as would I)

The Impreza usually gives the impression of a car that drives fast, that is down to the pretty good job that Prodrive have done turning the manufacturer from a farmers run-around to the iconic rally car of the last 10 years. This usually leads people to think that we are all boy racers (all the time)

My point is that headlines like this don't help the cause. In fact we (referring to ESC in this case) are a good bunch of guys and girls. Look at the charitable funds we've collected this year alone (race for life, Essex Air Ambulance & Children in need).

Of course venting spleen on a bulletin board isn't going to make one bit of difference to this individual or the poor man he killed BUT IT MIGHT. If one person reading this is reminded of it at xmas and decides not to take the car after a drink then the job is done. It also makes people think about the appropriateness of being heavy footed. Sometimes it's dangerous and it might not be you who gets hurt, we all do it but a little while ago I was driving behind an idiot in a white car doing 45mph in FOG past a school. I slowed down but caught up 9to a safe distance) again when he continued doing 45 in a 60, idiot.

bibo_boy 20 November 2006 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by John1uk

I have been in the club for about 14 months now and i for one have a heavy foot :( If i had killed someone through reckless driving " would i be as bad as the person who stole the car and killed that man in chelmsford?"

If you were drunk and stole a car then yes you would... :nono:

By the way, I don't actually think this story gives us a bad name......

Nate 20 November 2006 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by bibo_boy

By the way, I don't actually think this story gives us a bad name......

I 'think' this is what John was mainly getting at, with respect to the title of the thread.

bibo_boy 20 November 2006 08:57 AM

yep!

Originally Posted by *Nate*
I 'think' this is what John was mainly getting at, with respect to the title of the thread.

I guessed that... :thumb:

John1uk 20 November 2006 09:44 AM

i still can't see how this incident is going to give us a bad name....

steeling a subaru either drunk or not "isn't" going to give ESC or any other subaru driving club a bad name.

When at court it isn't going to be " your Honour" * this tw@t stole a High speed top of the range Subaru Impreza, whilst drunk* the Papers ain't going to say *omg another subaru Impreza stolen*

My neighbours ain't going to say, *Don't trust those ESC Owners, cos another drunk stole a Subaru Impreza*

Sheeesh.....Scooby drivers = boy racers......no mate....i think some people need to wake up to the real world.

I think your making this sound worse than it already is Milamber.

Ford Cars get stolen all the time...do we see Ford complaining that there getting a bad name "No"

just because we drive a subaru impreza don't mean we are elite :nono: Just because we do charity runs don't mean where special, we are like any other car club out there, we like to help and thats what counts :thumb:

no need to jump down my throat milamber........i was only expressing myself like many other members do on here. If it was **** or Someone else well known in the club making the statement i made, would you of jumped down there throat like you did mine. *nope*

Don't do it to me then.

Milamber 20 November 2006 10:03 AM

John you have PM.

On the Ford issue all I will say is that Ford DID have this problem and solved it by killing off the Cosworth and all their hot hatches.....

bibo_boy 20 November 2006 10:20 AM

I'm not taking sides, but I work for Ford (like a lot of people on here) and i can confirm Ford did get very cold feet for performance cars during the "cossie days" a lot of this was high costs of insuring this type of vehicle but also lot's to do with cost cutting.....? This continues today... (hopefully not for long ;)

John1uk 20 November 2006 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Milamber
John you have PM.

YHPM ;) :luvlove:

Milamber 20 November 2006 10:44 AM

:D

Phil 20 November 2006 10:50 AM

Bare Knuckle fight now arranged then ?

PMSL