ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The Next Prime Minister (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/559361-the-next-prime-minister.html)

Trout 17 November 2006 03:01 PM

The Next Prime Minister

To give you something to do to while away the Friday afternoon...

...who do you think will be the next Prime Minister?

Vote, or add your own selection and why?

Rannoch :)

KiwiGTI 17 November 2006 03:03 PM

Sadly I think it will be Gordon Brown. There is a distinct lack of decent opposition. Cameron is just weak and unoriginal.

FlightMan 17 November 2006 03:05 PM

As New Labour wont call an election before Blair steps down, it has to be Brown.:wonder:

hutton_d 17 November 2006 03:07 PM

Misread the question - thought it said who would I want to be pm. Voted 'other'. Who do i think it will be? Gordon 'Heavyweight Hitter' Brown or Dave 'Luv a Hoodie and Hug a Glacier' Cameron .....

Dave

Suresh 17 November 2006 03:09 PM

GB will get his dream job owing to a lack of competition...

T4molie 17 November 2006 03:13 PM

I clicked for who I'd like to be the next PM which is different to who I think will be the next PM - Unfortunately Gordon Brown will no doubt be the next one :(

AudiLover 17 November 2006 03:15 PM

I think cameron will win.

OllyK 17 November 2006 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
As New Labour wont call an election before Blair steps down, it has to be Brown.:wonder:

The next PM (assuming TB sticks to his word) will be a Labour MP. Whether it is Brown or not depends on whether somebody is prepared to challenge him for the leadership. There is quite a gathering within the Labour Party who don't want Brown in, they are referred to as ABG (Anyone But Gordon) and seem to be backing Reid ATM.

OllyK 17 November 2006 03:27 PM

I'd prefer John Reid to GB. I think the guy actually has some degree of integrity about him, shame it's another bloody Scott!! :D

Trout 17 November 2006 03:47 PM

Cameron edges ahead ;)

Wurzel 17 November 2006 03:47 PM

Why is it going to be Brown? Prescott is the deputy PM so surely he should get the job automatically until the next election.

OllyK 17 November 2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Why is it going to be Brown? Prescott is the deputy PM so surely he should get the job automatically until the next election.

When Blair stands down there will be a leadership contest, bit like the Tories had when Howard stands down. GB has been "groomed" to be the next PM and will most likely be so unless somebody stands against him and wins. I doubt Prescott would put himself forward.

unclebuck 17 November 2006 03:52 PM

Where's the Nick Griffin option then? ;)

Of course - you left him out deliberately because you knew he would be the run away winner... :D

GC8 17 November 2006 03:53 PM

William Hague; if only he and his party had some real policies, rather than some eco-friendly-focus-group-bandwagon-bollocks.

pslewis 17 November 2006 04:17 PM

John Reid ............. by a country mile - thats who I WANT it to be ... he comes across very well.

The Tories ain't got a cat-in-hells chance once they actually put some Policy together!

pslewis 17 November 2006 04:17 PM

John Reid ............. by a country mile - thats who I WANT it to be ... he comes across very well.

The Tories ain't got a cat-in-hells chance once they actually put some Policy together!

PeteBrant 17 November 2006 04:28 PM

Gordon Brown of course. He will be PM next September.

As for the next GE - I have a suspicion the Tories might sneak it - Maybe even a hung parliament.

pslewis 17 November 2006 04:30 PM

Lets all vote for the Klu-Klux Clan party and have a well hung parliment!!

lozgti 17 November 2006 04:33 PM

Brown.

He thoroughly deserves to be in office when his magic economy goes pear shaped.

Be unfair for the Tories or anyone else to get in and take the rap for it.

Trout 17 November 2006 04:35 PM

Pete (Brant),

you make a good point - I did intend the poll to be the next democratically elected Prime Minister :)

I agree with your second point - I think Cameron will be beat Brown although that PPB last night with his fake webcam was dreadful.

Rannoch :)

Tidgy 17 November 2006 04:37 PM

there all useless so who cares lol

Abdabz 17 November 2006 04:41 PM

I wish it would be Boris :notworthy , but alas Bliars passing will occur pre election so Brown will get the nod...

TonyG 17 November 2006 04:43 PM

Can't we all vote Jedi?

T4molie 17 November 2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
The next PM (assuming TB sticks to his word) will be a Labour MP.

Ahhhh but WILL he stick to his word? He hasn't done that much since they got into power :)

hutton_d 17 November 2006 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy
there all useless so who cares lol

They are but that's the whole problem ......

We need a 'common sense for the UK' party' that actually does what the electorate wants and not just what feathers their own nests/inflates their own egos!

Dave

gatty 17 November 2006 05:39 PM

nick griffin

andythejock01wrx 17 November 2006 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
I'd prefer John Reid to GB. I think the guy actually has some degree of integrity about him, shame it's another bloody Scott!! :D

Oi !! Is his middle name Scott ?? Otherwise, he's a Scot ! :lol1:

richie001 17 November 2006 05:41 PM

it really don't matter who we get neither could'nt give a fcuk about the people just they own ego.

Deviate 17 November 2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG
Can't we all vote Jedi?

If only Jedi were a political party, as well as a religion, eh?

:)

David Lock 17 November 2006 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
William Hague; if only he and his party had some real policies, rather than some eco-friendly-focus-group-bandwagon-bollocks.

Agree with that choice :thumb:

And bring in Clinton as an adviser. Yes I know but at least he would get away from his diabolical wife for a year or so.......