ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Jedi Religon?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/559046-jedi-religon.html)

Tripple'O G 16 November 2006 02:01 PM

Jedi Religon??

HA HA HA HA HA HA
Just seen an interview on Sky News 24 and there are actually people out there following it as a religon??

I mean....great films.....but come on....:cry: :cry:
They had plastic Light-sabres and everything.....:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:

Anyone else seen this??

lightning101 16 November 2006 02:03 PM

Not any less real than islam or christianity, unless you can prove otherwise :Suspiciou

jjones 16 November 2006 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by lightning101
Not any less real than islam or christianity, unless you can prove otherwise :Suspiciou

:luxhello:

Tripple'O G 16 November 2006 02:05 PM

Oh no, the basics have many simiarities.....The forse/ying and yang....
But walking around dressed in brown robes carrying plastic light-sabres????

:lol1: :cry: :lol1: :cry: :lol1: :cry: :lol1:

lightning101 16 November 2006 02:06 PM

Behead all jedi - this is not the forum you're looking for, you may go on your way :)

TelBoy 16 November 2006 02:07 PM

I saw that - Eamonn Holmes did well to keep a straight face :D

Bloody weirdos :cuckoo:

Tripple'O G 16 November 2006 02:09 PM

He did try......

You could tell the girl was just thinking, "He seemed so normal when I first met him...."
and
"I wonder when we're going to move out of his mom's house....."

TelBoy 16 November 2006 02:10 PM

Bit of a bitch if you don't look good in brown i'd have thought :Suspiciou

hectic 16 November 2006 02:11 PM

experience the 'Dark-Side'........ ;)

GrahamG 16 November 2006 02:12 PM

haha, we do live in a wired old world! :D

hectic 16 November 2006 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by GrahamG
haha, we do live in a wired old world! :D

wired??
where do the wires go??

TelBoy 16 November 2006 02:13 PM

*hand shoots up* :D

hectic 16 November 2006 02:15 PM

Solo, Tel??

Tripple'O G 16 November 2006 02:16 PM

Dark side?
brown clothing?
where are the wires?

I.....must.....resist.......gay.....jokes.....:rol leyes:

ricardo_wrx 16 November 2006 02:22 PM

Do Jedi's have a sunday school for their younglings? :lol1:

jasey 16 November 2006 02:23 PM

Who looks most rediculous ?

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Yo...dee%20Full.jpghttp://www.raphaelcathedral.org/photos/archbishop.jpg

Tripple'O G 16 November 2006 02:30 PM

photo-shop them together ans then you'll have your answer....:thumb:

madmooro 16 November 2006 02:35 PM

Two self-styled Jedi Knights are stepping up an intergalactic campaign for formal recognition. Umada and Yunyun, also known as John Wilkinson and Charlotte Law, want the UN to acknowledge "The Force" is worthy of being called a religion. The couple claim to be part of the UK's fourth largest religious group, after 400,000 people recorded their faith as "Jedi" in the 2001 Census.

They say that as a religion, they deserve tolerance and respect. November the 16th is the annual International

ADVERTISEMENT
Day for Tolerance.

And as part of a global battle worthy of Luke Skywalker's efforts against the Empire, the band of self-styled Jedis want the UN to re-name the day as Interstellar Day of Tolerance.

More people claim their religion to be Jedi in England and Wales than those who follow Sikhism, Judaism and Buddhism. And the cause has global support.

There are also 70,000 Jedi knights in Australia, 53,000 in New Zealand, and 20,000 in Canada.

This is Umada and Yunyun's letter to the UN Association:

To whom it may concern,

For the last ten years the United Nations has marked today as the International Day of Tolerance.

While we support this important work, we feel the UN needs to move with the times.

In the 2001 UK census, 390,000 people identified themselves as Jedi Knights, making us the fourth largest religion in the country.

We have a proud heritage dating back 195,000 years to our first Jedi, the blue haired, blue eyed Kaja Sinis, who was born on Coruscant.

Like the United Nations, the Jedi Knights are peacekeepers, and we feel we have the basic right to express our religion through wearing our robes, and to be recognised by the national and international community.

We therefore call upon you to change the 16th November to the United Nations Interstellar Day of Tolerance, to reflect the religious make-up of our twenty-first century civilization.

Tolerance is about respecting difference where ever it lies, including other galaxies. Please don't exclude us from your important work.

May the Force be with you.

trails 16 November 2006 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by madmooro
In the 2001 UK census, 390,000 people identified themselves as Jedi Knights, making us the fourth largest religion in the country

TOG, I remember it well; there was lots of stuff on the web trying to get people to list Jedi as their religion in an effort to discredit the other major religions and make people laugh.

<in Yoda's voice> "succeeded in both counts...we did" :D

Tripple'O G 16 November 2006 02:56 PM

LOL :lol1:

Come to think of it.....i'm sure I put myself down as one.....
Never did get my robe or funky decoder ring...;)

STi wanna Subaru 16 November 2006 03:01 PM

Bloke at work filled it in as Jedi

Trout 16 November 2006 04:16 PM

I have to admit I put Jedi on my census form!!

It is one of the few questions you can actually put anything you like without being open to criminal prosecution. It was mostly for fun! I am sure there were loads of threads on here about it!

The highest proportion of Jedis living in the UK is Brighton. (Must be all the drugs).

Rannoch :)

PS For clarification I have never worn a brown robe and I do not own a light sabre - however I do have a copy of Lego Star Wars and another PS2 Star Wars game ;)

rik1471 16 November 2006 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by lightning101

Best. Post. Ever.

:D