ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Bournemouth traffic - wtf is going on?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/558638-bournemouth-traffic-wtf-is-going-on.html)

Dark Blue Mark 14 November 2006 10:17 PM

Bournemouth traffic - wtf is going on?!

Does anyone commute to and from Bmth?

I have done for about 3 years and the last 3 months have been unbelievable. Getting from Tower Park to Charminster is taking 40 mins plus :(

Anyone else getting really pissed off with this? :mad:

MB

RON 14 November 2006 10:20 PM

Move to the country, we have better roads out here..... no totty though...:(

Dark Blue Mark 14 November 2006 10:22 PM

Id love to - get away from the rabble!

MB

Davey P 14 November 2006 10:32 PM

It changes everyday. I find it's no easier getting home from Poole :(

Dark Blue Mark 14 November 2006 10:35 PM

Do you live near Kinson Davey?

Ive just never known it this bad and its driving me nuts. My route is near standstill not long after the Upton bypass going towards Bmth.

I know the chain ferry and lifting bridge are out.

It seemed to me, that it got massively worse when the ******* students came back! Ban them from driving!

Evo clutch has no place in traffic :(

MB

myblackwrx 15 November 2006 08:51 AM

Lifting bridge has been open for a week now

jayallen 15 November 2006 09:46 AM

i find getting from branksome wood road to alder hills via coy pond is bloody bad can sit in that traffic for 20 mins or so also over the last few months pickets post down to ringwood thats a nightmare due to traffic coming on to the slip road id love to know where the influx of cars have come from it never used to be this bad

explore 15 November 2006 05:30 PM

what are you all mooning about its always been like this, to many cars on the road and bad road layouts

pauld37 15 November 2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen
i find getting from branksome wood road to alder hills via coy pond is bloody bad can sit in that traffic for 20 mins or so also over the last few months pickets post down to ringwood thats a nightmare due to traffic coming on to the slip road id love to know where the influx of cars have come from it never used to be this bad

Haven't they got the road up doing gas works there?

pauld37 15 November 2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by explore
what are you all mooning about its always been like this, to many cars on the road and bad road layouts

Too cold for mooning Andy :D

jayallen 15 November 2006 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37
Haven't they got the road up doing gas works there?

not anymore

Dark Blue Mark 15 November 2006 10:41 PM

Explore, its not alwyas been like this, its getting much worse - hence my post.

Just wondering if others had noticed the trend and it appears so.

May have to get me some form of fast bike :)

MB

Sweepickit 22 November 2006 11:04 AM

I travel all around Poole and Bournemouth with my work and it is getting worse. There are/have been more road works around though... Ashley rd in parkstone, alder hills etc all have become car parks recently.

Dark Blue Mark 22 November 2006 02:19 PM

Yep its end of tax year / budget panic :D

They spend the rest of the pot on stupid stuff to retain the same budget pop the next year :)

I may buy a tank.

MB

explore 23 November 2006 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
Explore, its not alwyas been like this, its getting much worse - hence my post.

Just wondering if others had noticed the trend and it appears so.

May have to get me some form of fast bike :)

MB

hasnt it? strange as long as i can remeber there has always been a traffic problem in dorset, anyway i dont care if you know the ways around the traffic you dont have any problems

Dark Blue Mark 24 November 2006 12:08 AM

Righty ho....

MB

dave_the_B 26 November 2006 01:18 PM

I do shift work, 6 to1.30 1.30 to 9, and the comute from Alder hills to Holton Heath at 6 am has become a nightmare :O
Traffic at a standstill at 5.30am is a joke....

1.30 has become the new 5pm, it now takes me half hour extra just to get along Herbert Ave :(

At least I get Upton by-pass to myself at 9pm

Less traffic islands and more green lights please

Dave

Dark Blue Mark 26 November 2006 03:50 PM

Traffic was much better when the Fleets and Mountbatten roundabouts had no traffic lights. I imagine it was done for some sort of effing stupid safety reasons, for all those twats who cant drive properly...

:(

MB

explore 28 November 2006 05:32 PM

Traffic was much better when the Fleets and Mountbatten roundabouts had no traffic lights. I imagine it was done for some sort of effing stupid safety reasons, for all those twats who cant drive properly...

:(

MB

yeah see your point there as there is traffic on all offs and ons of the round about, but the traffic use to be there just not all round but queing all down the road, i use to go from parstone to ferndown and back and on my way home there was alway traffic on ringwood round by mountbatten with or with out the lights not much has changed there.

Dark Blue Mark 28 November 2006 10:56 PM

Ferndown is a car park now :(

MB

Jacey Boy 30 November 2006 08:54 AM

Ferndown is a car park now :(

MB

Ah my home, yes its very bad:brickwall

Davey P 30 November 2006 12:54 PM

Everywhere seems like a car park. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day you travel at :(

legacy-bournemouth 05 January 2007 08:56 PM

I leave work in Poole at 5 to get back to the Lansdowne, and I can get home in 20 mins!!

Go through Poole park, through the tunnel, and out.

Pete

rogerramjet 13 January 2007 12:35 PM

Yeah - it's been worse in the past few months, but that's just cos it's Winter - everyone getting up and going at the same dtime as it's so dark - and so many idiots crashing along wessex way doesn't help..... 3 times this week at the blackwater junction.

It is damn annoying don't you know - how am I supposed to have some fun and fly down there in the morning if it's just a car park cos of some muppet that can't drive! :freak3:

Soulgirl 15 January 2007 08:01 AM

I agree, it's much worse. I travel to work at 7am and ordinarily wouldn't encounter much traffic at all - now though it's a different story! I believe a lot of people drive in much earlier trying to find free on-street parking that's diminishing year by year with new double-yellows and parking meters popping up all over the show. At 3.40pm it can take me 20 minutes to do the short distance between Bournemouth University and the Mountbatten!