ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mortgage Question ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/558602-mortgage-question.html)

Johnny E 14 November 2006 08:30 PM

Mortgage Question ??

Looking to move our mortgage to a different lender to try to save some money.

Has anyone done this lately if so, who with.

ScoobLou 14 November 2006 08:38 PM

Try Moneysupermarket and see what kind of deal is best for you.

:thumb:

SteveScooby 14 November 2006 08:42 PM

1000's of mortgages available, your best bet is to go to an independant adviser, I've just used Your Move to sort mine out, doesn't cost a penny, the mortgage company you choose to use pays them a commission

FlightMan 14 November 2006 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by SteveScooby
1000's of mortgages available, your best bet is to go to an independant adviser, I've just used Your Move to sort mine out, doesn't cost a penny, the mortgage company you choose to use pays them a commission

Link?

SteveScooby 14 November 2006 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Link?

YOUR MOVE ESTATE AGENTS, with branches throughout the UK

Branches across the country, I ended up getting my mortgage with Northern Rock :thumb:

powerwrx 14 November 2006 10:10 PM

ive just re mortgaged with natwest borrowed more money, no fees to pay plus £150 cash back and im paying less than i was before.

Laura W 14 November 2006 10:17 PM

We have via "MONEYQUEST" they dont charge a fee and they are really efficient. They go through billions of mortgages and get you the best rate. We got ours thru Lloydstsb and got a better rate than we were offered by them in the branch. worth a try.

This is thier link, it changes when inserted but its moneyquest .co.uk

UK Mortgage, Remortgage, Secured Loans, Business Loan & Life Insurance Broker

falkster 14 November 2006 10:23 PM

I went with C+G and although the interest rate was a bit higher we got 10k cashback....work that out over the tie in period and you are tons better off!!

hades 14 November 2006 10:30 PM

Personally, I like here: Mortgage, Low Rate Mortgage, Cheap Mortgage, UK Mortgage as "advisor", but different people will always prefer different sites etc.

AudiHater 14 November 2006 11:24 PM

No such thing as an independent advisor. They are paid by the lendor and will ignore certain rates/offes if the commission to brokers is not very attractive. Either pay a financial advisor or search around yourself.

A fair few are doing 0.4 below base for 2-3 years on interest only.

moveover 15 November 2006 01:18 AM

My mortgage is with egg.com. Good repayment options and flexible too.

michaelro 15 November 2006 09:16 AM

Went with the Woolwich - There is an arrangement fee but we've taken a 10 year fixed rate at 4.98.

No need to worry about interest rates for a while....

Huw Jorgan 15 November 2006 10:26 AM

Go & see a number of 'whole of market' mortgage brokers & compare the advice they give you. Some brokers are tied to a panel of lenders, they may tell you its the best deal for you when in reality its the best deal they are able to offer from there panel. Some brokers will work for 'free', they get paid by a commission by the lender they arrange the mortgage thru, others charge a fee. Make sure they do not credit score you at this stage, too many credit scores within a short period of time wil affect your credit rating.

Also don't be flattered by a low interest rate if there is a high arrangement fee, it may well cost you more over the period of the mortgage. Look at the overall mortgage costs over the length of the mortgage to see which is the most cost effect mortgage for you.

Never sign up to any scheme that will review your mortgage, over the next 10 years, for example. We recently had a client (I'm an Estate Agent) who had arranged her previous mortgage via our broker. The fixed term had ended & she had approached a company who offered to sort out her re-mortgage & review it every 2 years, for the next 10 years. They would only charge her £4000 for this service, payable upfront. We pointed out to her that our broker could provide the same service without charging the £4000.

Goochie 15 November 2006 11:08 AM

PM scoobynet member "Fast Bloke" - he soted out our mortgage FOC and made the whole process as painless as possible.