ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Rolls Royce Phantom Owners Behaviour (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/558246-rolls-royce-phantom-owners-behaviour.html)

Andy M3 13 November 2006 03:08 PM

Rolls Royce Phantom Owners Behaviour

On Saturday I took the kids to the blue planet aquarium near Manchester. On the way back I was near Hale Barns around 5pm. I pulled up to a set of traffic lights here

As I was waiting for the lights to turn green, I spotted a car adjacent to me heading in the other. He pulled up to the lights pretty quickly with side lights and front fogs on :Whatever_. The car proceeded to creep before doing a full on launch on amber and disappearing into distance.

Shall I presume lottery winner :wonder:

I thought Rolls Royce's were classy, and refined like their owners?

lightning101 13 November 2006 03:08 PM

Sorry mate, I couldn't resist. You were right about the lottery win though :norty:

DCI Gene Hunt 13 November 2006 03:09 PM

A cock's a cock... doesn't matter what he's driving ;)

Andy M3 13 November 2006 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by lightning101
Sorry mate, I couldn't resist. You were right about the lottery win though :norty:

:lol::lol:

KiwiGTI 13 November 2006 03:16 PM

Generally in London the majority of those are driven by chaffeurs, so most are very discrete.

TopBanana 13 November 2006 03:30 PM

Discrete? I've never seen a conjoined twin chauffeur so I guess you're right.

PeteBrant 13 November 2006 03:36 PM

II am sure the owner of said Roll Royce Phantom is distraut and will be crying into his caviar and krystal this evening over this rant

;)

Markus 13 November 2006 03:48 PM

Could also be some Nigga wannabe Gansta/rapper Finkin' dey is da man by having the well 'ard roller and showin da wealth. Yeah, whatever.

miltski 13 November 2006 03:50 PM

did it seem quick?
if i had a phantom i'd toe it away from lights too as often as was safe !!!!
might have been he owner actually driving it as opposed to being in the back, perhaps Mr sugar fancied a go of his own car, with his driver in the back going"go on toe it sir please i've been driving you round for ages and want to see what this can do but i'm afriad if i do it with you in the car you'll shout YOUR FIRED!!"

Andy M3 13 November 2006 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by miltski
did it seem quick?

Yeah - it was relentless, it howeled into life and the nose lifted quite alot. Didn't appear to change gear though, just a constant build up of revs as it went past me.

Originally Posted by miltski
"go on toe it sir please i've been driving you round for ages and want to see what this can do but i'm afriad if i do it with you in the car you'll shout YOUR FIRED!!"

:lol1::lol1:

miltski 13 November 2006 05:23 PM

it probably wouldn't seem like it changed gear those things are supposed to be very smooth!!!

Leslie 15 November 2006 12:08 PM

Perhap's he needed the bog in a hurry! That even happens to rich people.-like PSL!
Les :)

J4CKO 15 November 2006 12:30 PM

The clue is in the Hale Barns bit, used to live around there, Like Wilmslow where I currently live, its full of rich, arrogant and selfish people who drive like that and their parking is even worse.

I would never damage anyones property but a big steaming loaf on the bonnet might be a good move.

Its like the Range Rover and Cayenne owners that park at the local leisure centre on the path up to it, nearer than the nearest disabled spot, its never an old Clio or Fiesta, always some huge posh car.

I think its a psychological thing, they have more money and generally get treated well so they think its the same on the road.

You are not special !