ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Co2 is it all just b*ll*cks ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/557454-co2-is-it-all-just-b-ll-cks.html)

r32 10 November 2006 07:34 AM

Co2 is it all just b*ll*cks ?

I'm reading an article on C02

"Of the 186 billion tonnes of C02 that enter the Earths atmosphere each year from all sources, only 6 billoion tonnes are from human activity. Approximately 90 billion tonnes comes from biological activity and another 90 billion tonnes from sources such as volcanoes and decaying plants.

We all being stitched up?

KiwiGTI 10 November 2006 07:58 AM

Yes, political and business agendas are behind it.

SJ_Skyline 10 November 2006 08:38 AM

r32 - what's your source as some of the tree-hugging, sandal-wearing web sites state similar figures but with anywhere from 60% to 99% being man made. :rolleyes:

hutton_d 10 November 2006 09:21 AM

When they say 2% comes from the Uk in these doom and gloom reports is it 2% of 186 or 2% of 6???? I've never seen that figure - though never looked that hard.

Dave

PS: spot on kiwi ...

TonyG 10 November 2006 09:22 AM

Oh, you've only got part of the story again. You forgot the bit about biological activity/natural processes taking 180 billion tonnes of CO2 out of the atmosphere annually.

CharlesW 10 November 2006 10:27 AM

r32,

Have you read this? You might find it interesting. If you are a scientific bent, you might like to link to his detailed explanation.

Telegraph | News | Climate chaos? Don't believe it

Most of the so called reports on Global warming rely on bad science, or in some cases they just make the data up.

SJ_Skyline 10 November 2006 10:43 AM

Good article Charles - so if you extrapolate the temperature and the time periods suggested, the global temperature ends up looking more like a sine wave...

scunnered 10 November 2006 11:24 AM

Just for a laugh, I like to ask a global warming "expert" to explain how much impotance they attach to the Milankovitch theory.

cottonfoo 10 November 2006 12:05 PM

A good book on this subject is The Skeptical Environmentalist by Bjorn Lomborg. He outlines how the statistics used aren't checked, but still quoted as if they are facts. You end up with stats that are warped and essentially meaningless. It's a big book, dry in places, but worth a read.

hutton_d 10 November 2006 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by scunnered
....how much impotance .....

That's probably the answer you'd get ..... :D

Dave

PS: search for other 'global warming' or 'climate change' threads - there have been a few ....

unclebuck 10 November 2006 12:41 PM

Whether it's true or not the whole issue is being exploited by Government as a huge tax raising regime under the guise of 'saving the planet'.

SJ_Skyline 10 November 2006 12:42 PM

This "global warming" mularky is just a load of hot air! ;)

hutton_d 10 November 2006 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
This "global warming" mularky

Get the terminolgy right - it's 'climate change'! That way they have all bases covered .....

Dave

hectic 10 November 2006 01:09 PM

dunno about bollocks, aint no gasses come outta mine.. might be a few 'foofs and asses' that might contribute, but hey.. who knows ?!!?!?!