ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   if you saw a stranger getting mugged etc, would you help? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/557235-if-you-saw-a-stranger-getting-mugged-etc-would-you-help.html)

sarasquares 09 November 2006 11:25 AM

if you saw a stranger getting mugged etc, would you help?

would you step in and help a stranger that was in trouble in the street?

Nat 09 November 2006 11:28 AM

If he was getting mugged by one or two people yes, a gang, no. Gangs always turn on have a go heros even more than the oroginal person they are attacking and i'm not ashamed to say i would not risk my life for a stranger in the street.

powerwrx 09 November 2006 11:28 AM

damn right and ide hope someone would help me if it was the other way round, but likewise above

sarasquares 09 November 2006 11:30 AM

i think most people would walk away these days. most have a go hero's get stabbed for their efforts:(

OllyK 09 November 2006 11:31 AM

10 years ago, yes. These days, not so sure.

sarasquares 09 November 2006 11:32 AM

the people that set out to attack others in broad daylight know that most people would just walk by

DCI Gene Hunt 09 November 2006 11:32 AM

I have done, and it wasn't a will I / won't I type decision.... you just find yourself running over and getting stuck in....... autopilot is the best way to describe it.....

OllyK 09 November 2006 11:33 AM

It would be my luck that I'd step in to help a masochist who was getting deviant pleasure from the beating and who would then subsequently sue for stopping it me. :(

davegtt 09 November 2006 11:33 AM

Depends on circumstances. Dark alley at night time Id shout from a distance and hope to scare the mugger off but would think twice about running and getting involved.

Broaday light on the high street, someone with a bag snatched, sure give chase or whatever. Someone getting a kick in might get help. again all depending on circumstances.

davegtt 09 November 2006 11:33 AM

Depends on circumstances. Dark alley at night time Id shout from a distance and hope to scare the mugger off but would think twice about running and getting involved.

Broaday light on the high street, someone with a bag snatched, sure give chase or whatever. Someone getting a kick in might get help. again all depending on circumstances.

Sbradley 09 November 2006 11:49 AM

Yes. Have done before, would do again. Scarily I find myself in exact accord with DCI on this... :eek:

SB

jasey 09 November 2006 11:53 AM

depends on the stranger !

hutton_d 09 November 2006 11:54 AM

Ollyk - twice ....? You're just a pervert ... :D

I think the autopilot comment sums it up - you just would - think about it when the gang turns on you with daggers drawn .... But I'd rather be able to know in my own mind that I did help rather than not and live with the guilt of 'what if ..' ...

Oh, edited to say that I would look about for a baseball bat on the way ......

Dave

jasey 09 November 2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt

OK OK we heard you the first two times :D

davegtt 09 November 2006 11:57 AM

Sorry, SN is playing funny buggers with me atm. :mad:

STi wanna Subaru 09 November 2006 11:58 AM

If she was fit then yes. If she was a fat moose then no. The beating may do her good.

sarasquares 09 November 2006 11:59 AM

Sorry, SN is playing funny buggers with me atm. :mad:

do you feel like giving it a kicking? :D

Karl 227 09 November 2006 11:59 AM

Yes, if I was on my own, then definitely, if I had my wife or kids with me, then no.

davegtt 09 November 2006 12:00 PM

Ohhh yes, but I wont ruin the place where I play ;)

sarasquares 09 November 2006 12:00 PM

Ohhh yes, but I wont ruin the place where I play ;)

bit like not ****ting on your own doorstep :lol1:

Andy M3 09 November 2006 12:08 PM

I woud bellow at someone from a far, but would depend on who, where and when it was taking place!

RMA26 09 November 2006 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by powerwrx
damn right and ide hope someone would help me if it was the other way round, but likewise above

Agree totally:thumb:

sociopath 09 November 2006 12:10 PM

Would, and have, a few times.

Worst was a guy getting a good kicking from a few chavs. I don't know what he had done to deserve it but whatever it was he had clearly had enough and was a mess.

Less satisfying was pulling a black bloke off his missus as he was roughing her up in the street... at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. :freak3:

Then the skanky b1tch had a pop at me for interfering so I told him to give her a slap from me and went on my way. People. :Whatever_

Edited to add: By the way, well done for creating a general interest thread that isn't a blatant cry for attention. Bravo Sarattention Deficit. Bravo! :thumb:

jasey 09 November 2006 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sociopath
Edited to add: By the way, well done for creating a general interest thread that isn't a blatant cry for attention. Bravo Sarattention Deficit. Bravo! :thumb:

I'm waiting for the "The reason I ask is because I was mugged and this bloke looked on" ;):D.

sarasquares 09 November 2006 12:45 PM

Would, and have, a few times.

Worst was a guy getting a good kicking from a few chavs. I don't know what he had done to deserve it but whatever it was he had clearly had enough and was a mess.

Less satisfying was pulling a black bloke off his missus as he was roughing her up in the street... at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. :freak3:

Then the skanky b1tch had a pop at me for interfering so I told him to give her a slap from me and went on my way. People. :Whatever_

you are so pathetic:rolleyes:

why arent you man enough to be yourself, is it because you are not much of one? :lol1:

your thread here says it all, loser...https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-fighting.html

if you are to scared to park in a space because a chav was standing in it why would you confront someone in a fight? ha ha you loser

sociopath 09 November 2006 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by jasey
I'm waiting for the "The reason I ask is because I was mugged and this bloke looked on" ;):D.

That had crossed my mind :freak3:

But instead she is going to continually misquote my chav/fighting thread, as if that somehow justifies her being a shameless attention whore! :lol1:

WHEELSHOP0_0 09 November 2006 12:57 PM

Is there a law in the States somewhere "the good citizen law" that requires you to help in this situation, I seem to remember something about this.

To the point if it was a fair fight, eg equally matched I would/might not help.
If one was getting the better of the victim I would. (I think).

J4CKO 09 November 2006 12:59 PM

I would, or I hope I would, never know until the actual situation but I think I would.

sarasquares 09 November 2006 01:06 PM

That had crossed my mind :freak3:

But instead she is going to continually misquote my chav/fighting thread, as if that somehow justifies her being a shameless attention whore! :lol1:

your just a gutless wonder. are you as big an arsehole in your 'normal' life?

i havnt misquoted anything:thumb:

DCI Gene Hunt 09 November 2006 01:20 PM

her being a shameless attention whore! :lol1:

She may be, and I still would, but she's not offensive..........;)