ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Quick Advice for New-Member (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/557149-quick-advice-for-new-member.html)

Josh555 08 November 2006 09:57 PM

Quick Advice for New-Member

Hi Guys,

I am hopfully visiting a dealership in Bradford west yorkshire as they have a decent choice of scoobie's, anything i should watch out for?, their website -

www.japperfomanceuk.co.uk - Performance Car Importers

Cheers

Josh555 09 November 2006 09:47 PM

Ok been down to see the chap at Jap performance, i've semi done the deal but my fathers in the motortrade & is going to give the car a look over just to make sure its ok.

Oh whilst i was in the area thought i'd nip over to the Keighley place just to compare, what a disaster, the only thing they have is Quantity and thats it! The 'sales-team' were dressed in jogging pants & hooded addidas tops :wonder:

Oh i was told by the chap at jp that the STI i liked is near to 278bhp, is he right? i believe its a version 2.

pippyrips 09 November 2006 09:55 PM

do a search on keighley

bobthebodger 09 November 2006 10:33 PM

Hi m8, i bought my wrx from japperformance uk last year, nice bloke and some good cars, as for keithley trade centre...there about as dodgy as my pet dog when you leave your tea for a second.

bobthebodger 09 November 2006 10:35 PM

yeah m8 the sti is rated at 280ps so he is correct! the wrx is rated at 260ps september 94 onwards.

S7EVY 09 November 2006 10:36 PM

Hi Josh,

Jap Performance uk is where i got my motor, had no problems! have you any pics of the car?

S7EVY 09 November 2006 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by bobthebodger
Hi m8, i bought my wrx from japperformance uk last year, nice bloke and some good cars, as for keithley trade centre...there about as dodgy as my pet dog when you leave your tea for a second.

:lol1:

GC8 09 November 2006 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by pippyrips
do a search on keighley

No need to bother. Id sooner walk across broken glass than spend my money at either 'Keighley Trade Centre' or 'Torque of Keighley'. They have a repuation for dishonesty and selling the worst possible cars.

Simon

pippyrips 10 November 2006 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by GC8
No need to bother. Id sooner walk across broken glass than spend my money at either 'Keighley Trade Centre' or 'Torque of Keighley'. They have a repuation for dishonesty and selling the worst possible cars.

Simon

exactly

RAF1 10 November 2006 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Josh555
Hi Guys,

I am hopfully visiting a dealership in Bradford west yorkshire as they have a decent choice of scoobie's, anything i should watch out for?, their website -

www.japperfomanceuk.co.uk - Performance Car Importers

Cheers

A friend of mine bought a Celica GT4 ST205 off them a year or so ago - car was spot on and he's not had a single problem with it....

Josh555 14 November 2006 09:24 PM

Went down to Jap Performance with my Dad & its a thumbs up :luxhello:

I have now placed a deposit on the scooby & will be picking her up on the weekend!...:thumb:

Bug Eyed Peas 14 November 2006 09:26 PM

Welcome to the fray :thumb:

wrx300scooby 14 November 2006 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bug Eyed Peas
Welcome to the fray :thumb:

Ditto mate. Welcome, where you from, have you heard of WYIOC? join us matey we are a right good bunch:)

StickyMicky 14 November 2006 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Josh555
Hi Guys,
anything i should watch out for?,
Cheers

watch out for the gestapo :Suspiciou:thumb: