ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ebay - my password has been changed!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/557106-ebay-my-password-has-been-changed.html)

Useless 08 November 2006 07:46 PM

Ebay - my password has been changed!?

I've had a problem with my ebay account.

My user ID is ben1413 and I've had the account for the last two years with 110 positive feedback.

I tried to sign on to my account the other day and couldn't. A message appeared saying that my user id/password were invalid?!

I'm selling an item at the moment, in fact it's just ended, so my account is still active. I have reported the problem to ebay and they are telling me that the account information I am supplying them with is incorrect.

I don't understand what has happened? Has anybody else had this kind of experience? Ebay are being really unhelpful about the whole thing and assume I am a scammer? They haven't even asked me my security question yet to confirm who I am.

Please help!!!

Ben

leonpoole 08 November 2006 08:26 PM

Have you recently recieved what you thought was an email from ebay lately ? Sounds like someone has sent you a spoof email pretending to be from ebay. When you enter your details your actually giving them to the hacker who sent the dodgy mail as its nothing to do with ebay

Boro 08 November 2006 08:28 PM

We get loads of those emails.

Either that or youve been sent a keylogger or similar.

Have you checked your computer for viruses, etc lately?

fatherpierre 08 November 2006 08:29 PM

Hacked.

Expect to see your acccount selling cars, phones et. that you don't own.

TopBanana 08 November 2006 09:01 PM

ebay's switchboard number:
0208 605 3000

Useless 08 November 2006 09:25 PM

I've not had any e-mails like that which makes it even stranger.

I've got Norton Anti-virus software. I've just run a check and it's come up nil viruses?

Cheers for the phone number, I'll give it a try in the morning.

Ben

Bug Eyed Peas 08 November 2006 09:29 PM

Ignore it!!

Useless 09 November 2006 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bug Eyed Peas
Ignore it!!

:confused: :wonder:

Ben

OllyK 09 November 2006 08:38 AM

I had an email from eBay at the weekend saying that my account had been locked due to an attempted hack and the password had been reset. Logged on to eBay directly and sure enough, couldn't logon.

Followed the instructions in the email - clicked the "forgotten password" option entered my DOB and it mailed me out a re-activation link. Clicked that and re-set my password to something new and now I'm all up and running again.

I suggest you try something similar

speed demoness 09 November 2006 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by OllyK
I had an email from eBay at the weekend saying that my account had been locked due to an attempted hack and the password had been reset. Logged on to eBay directly and sure enough, couldn't logon.

Followed the instructions in the email - clicked the "forgotten password" option entered my DOB and it mailed me out a re-activation link. Clicked that and re-set my password to something new and now I'm all up and running again.

I suggest you try something similar

I had to do this a while back too... it was because the email address I'd registered with was no longer valid (i'd changed ISP's) and I wanted to change the details but couldn't get to my password as they'd be sending out to the wrong address.
all I did was send ebay an email explaining what had happened and I managed to sort it all out.

richardg 09 November 2006 12:19 PM

what has your password been changed to?