ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   V-Power (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/556798-v-power.html)

Onan The Barbarian 07 November 2006 04:18 PM

V-Power

I've just filled up with my first tank of V-Power in my Jap Import Classic

Anyone had any experience with this stuff?

It smelt a bit funky when I was filling up :confused:

Martin WRX22 07 November 2006 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Onan The Barbarian

Just put my 1st tank full intoday aswell.

I thought the smell was my underpants as I was touching cloth as I was well out of:eek: fuel.

bobthebodger 07 November 2006 04:42 PM

Ive put many a tank of v poer in and found no problems at all.

alloy 07 November 2006 04:46 PM

V-power only fuel my scoob drinks :thumb:

EddScott 07 November 2006 04:52 PM

Only used Optimax so therefore only use V-Power.

Only discernable (sp) difference is MPG. Car is using more with V-Power than it did with Optimax. Was mapped with Optimax in it so maybe that has something to do with it.

Don't think its worth re-mapping though.

mgcvk 07 November 2006 05:04 PM

As above, my car was mapped on Optimax and mpg has dropped significantly with V Power. I'm using Tesco 99 as often as possible and might go back to Esso super as well as car runs well on it.

andythejock01wrx 07 November 2006 05:18 PM

Why do we need to wait so long between V-Power threads ? :mad:

Can we have a rota ?

Scooby-doo97 07 November 2006 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott
Only used Optimax so therefore only use V-Power.

Only discernable (sp) difference is MPG. Car is using more with V-Power than it did with Optimax. Was mapped with Optimax in it so maybe that has something to do with it.

Don't think its worth re-mapping though.

Mate, I have the same issue. Got better MPG on Optimax too :razz:

andythejock01wrx 07 November 2006 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby-doo97
Mate, I have the same issue. Got better MPG on Optimax too :razz:

How much difference do you notice ? Is your car mapped for Optimax ?

Scooby-doo97 07 November 2006 05:32 PM

There is feck all difference :rolleyes: More activity on the knocklink and I'm still using NF octane booster.

andythejock01wrx 07 November 2006 05:36 PM

Difference as in reduction in mpg - how far you get on a tank on each ?

Is the car mapped and what year is it ?

EddScott 07 November 2006 07:48 PM

MY00 decat and panel filter and TEK mapping. Don't know precisely but MPG has blatantly reduced and I would say it pops and bangs more so I guess its runnning richer since the change.

These are just my findings. I'm sure they'll be others who won't have any issues with it.

Scooby-doo97 07 November 2006 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Difference as in reduction in mpg - how far you get on a tank on each ?

Is the car mapped and what year is it ?

The maximum I've had is 200 miles on a tank (using ****-Power, sorry V-Power). Last time round only did 183 and that was all motorway driving with the odd blast here and there. On Optimax I got above 250 easily. There is no difference in performance, still has all the go :norty: I'm pretty sure the last owner had it mapped on Optimax - will have to give him a call.

Car is a MY99 type R

JohnD 07 November 2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Onan The Barbarian

How can you have so many posts on Scoobynet and not be aware of all the threads there have been on this subject? :confused:
JohnD

mgcvk 07 November 2006 11:21 PM

I know this has been done loads already. However, Optimax seemed a really good compromise for performance when giving it some welly and decent mpg on motorway cruisin'. I could easily get 350 miles out of a 60 litre tank in '03 wrx when on motorway journeys. V power is still great for performance, but I'm lucky to get 260/270 miles per tank now when tootling along. I know you don't buy these cars for fuel economy blah etc!

thrustylusty 08 November 2006 12:15 AM

I smell a lot funky when I've been filled up but what's that got to do with the car?:luvlove:

andythejock01wrx 08 November 2006 12:16 AM

Could this be because of the ECU on the Classics, which takes longer to adjust to a different octane rating ?

thrustylusty 08 November 2006 12:21 AM

Hey Andy the Jock, does ECU stand for endless co** ups?

andythejock01wrx 08 November 2006 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by thrustylusty
Hey Andy the Jock, does ECU stand for endless co** ups?

Electronic Control Unit, but could be Endless Cock-ups in your case !:lol1:

pippyrips 08 November 2006 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by JohnD
How can you have so many posts on Scoobynet and not be aware of all the threads there have been on this subject? :confused:
JohnD

:D

Onan The Barbarian 08 November 2006 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by JohnD
JohnD

It's called laziness http://www.websitegoodies.com/smilie...shamed0001.gif

bohnjegley 24 January 2007 07:48 PM

use this seems alright

Sunoco 260 GT100 Locations
Consumer Products & Services » Race Fuels » Sunoco 260 GT100 Locations

Overview
Sunoco 260 GT™ 100, which has the highest octane rating of any street legal fuel, is now available at selected retail locations.
Sunoco 260 GT 100 is designed for high performance street cars, muscle cars, classics, street rods, motorcycles, karts and marine applications. Sunoco 260 GT 100 contains no metallic compounds to harm catalytic converters or oxygen sensors. It contains a comprehensive additive package for greater engine protection and reduced fuel system deposits. Sunoco 260 GT 100 is also compatible with virtually all two-stroke synthetic and mineral based motor oils.

Sunoco 260 GT 100 Unleaded is available at selected locations throughout the U.K. In certain areas, Sunoco 260 GT 100 Unleaded is available under the CAM2 GTTM 100 label.

dnc 24 January 2007 10:21 PM

When v power 1st came out everyone seemed to be saying better performance and better economy. WTF, thinks I!! Good to see a few now saying they are getting worse economy, like I seem to:) . Don't think mine was mapped for opti before that, but seemed better.

tan v5sti 24 January 2007 10:25 PM

v5 sti runnin on v power get 51 miles 2a tenner wich i reckon iz good.did 210 miles on motorway with 29 pound vpower

Scoobywrx1979 24 January 2007 10:31 PM

Mine was mapped on v power n gets same mpg as i did with optimax. Still get average of 260 miles tank full at running at 331 bhp no probs here:thumb:

jasonius 25 January 2007 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobywrx1979 (Post 6586354)
Mine was mapped on v power n gets same mpg as i did with optimax. Still get average of 260 miles tank full at running at 331 bhp no probs here:thumb:

Basically the same here, although I have lost a few mpg but last round of mods/map coincided with change to v-power, so difficult to say if it was purely down to fuel. Used to get around 24mpg on Optimax and now ~22mpg, however now running ~340bhp :D v's 276 before, so I'd say on balance consumption hasn't changed..:)

downs523 25 January 2007 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobywrx1979 (Post 6586354)

thats well good mate i get roughly 180-220 on my sti ppp 03 reg, what am i doin wrong, this is with normal driving, most moterway, do i need a remap, sum1 please pm me thanks.