ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Please confirm something for me (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/555540-please-confirm-something-for-me.html)

gingerprince 02 November 2006 10:15 AM

Please confirm something for me

Going to look at a WRX today, which appears to have Prodrive exhaust (and I think the garage selling the car may not be aware of PPP). If on inspection it has the blue intercooler pipe too, I know this makes it likely but not definate to have PPP.

Am I correct in thinking that a standard WRX you can feel the turbo kick around 4000rpm (is it slightly before or after this?), and on one with PPP it's nearer 3000?

I know there should also be a certificate, but whilst I'll ask to look at the papers I don't want to ask "has it got a ppp certificate" because he'll be less likely to do a good deal I fear :D

Thanks

Sy

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:20 AM

have a look through the papers, no cert no ppp, so don't pay ppp money for the car, then if it pulls well, your quids in

Ste98Turbo 02 November 2006 10:28 AM

How much does PPP cost to have done?

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:30 AM

2k i think

but tbh if your car is out of warrenty your better of with decat, pannel filter, fuel pump (only needed for new age cars i believe) and tech 3, better performance for less money

New_scooby_04 02 November 2006 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by gingerprince
Going to look at a WRX today, which appears to have Prodrive exhaust (and I think the garage selling the car may not be aware of PPP). If on inspection it has the blue intercooler pipe too, I know this makes it likely but not definate to have PPP.

Am I correct in thinking that a standard WRX you can feel the turbo kick around 4000rpm (is it slightly before or after this?), and on one with PPP it's nearer 3000?

I know there should also be a certificate, but whilst I'll ask to look at the papers I don't want to ask "has it got a ppp certificate" because he'll be less likely to do a good deal I fear :D

Thanks

Sy

Only sure way is asking to see the PPP certificate or drivng a PPP and non PPP back to back!

PPP costs circa £1600 for a WRX I think, but some dealers will offer it for less.

Ns04

New_scooby_04 02 November 2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tidgy
2k i think

Nah, that's the STi PPP mate ;)

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Nah, that's the STi PPP mate ;)

thought it was same price for wrx and sti.

o well still better off with teck 3 ;) lol

gingerprince 02 November 2006 10:36 AM

The car isn't really PPP money anyway, it's more like WRX money which is why I'm interested :D Especially since it's an 04 so should still have at least a few months warranty.

If there's no evidence of certificate I'll take the VIN number away "to check the warranty is registered with Subaru" and give Prodrive a call at the same time :D

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:43 AM

yeah worth checking but tbh i doubt its will have one, might just have a prodrive exhaust option

firesorter 02 November 2006 11:08 AM

if PPP has been fitted, the dealer should put a silver sticker near the chassis plate or in the door sill, mine is bottom of `b` post drivers door sill.

gingerprince 02 November 2006 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by firesorter
if PPP has been fitted, the dealer should put a silver sticker near the chassis plate or in the door sill, mine is bottom of `b` post drivers door sill.

Ah thanks, didn't know about that one - I'll keep an eye out!

MickeyWRX 02 November 2006 04:45 PM

turbo spool up is around 2500 rpm!