ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stolen Impreza - MINE! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/555528-stolen-impreza-mine.html)

Bubba po 02 November 2006 09:38 AM

Stolen Impreza - MINE!

Castleford (Wakefield/Leeds) Area

Dark Green Turbo wagon

MY99

Vehicle reg. S189 UUJ

Taken last night, somehow:confused:

Both sets of keys still in my possession.

:cry:

hectic 02 November 2006 09:39 AM

Kin'ell Bubs.. hope you either get it back rapidly in one enfettled peice. or its found totalled and burnt so you get a decent compo to get another :(

RMA26 02 November 2006 09:40 AM

****! Sorry to hear about this!

Will keep my eyes out around West Yorks

STi wanna Subaru 02 November 2006 09:43 AM

Sorry to hear. I'll keep an eye out. No sign of how it was taken?

Huxley 02 November 2006 09:47 AM

Gutted for you Bubs :cry:

I hope the feckers burn and die in a crash :mad:

Bubba po 02 November 2006 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Sorry to hear. I'll keep an eye out. No sign of how it was taken?

I've just been to where it was parked and there's a lock barrel on the ground on the driver's side. I'm not sure if it's the door one or the ignition one. :mad:

Tidgy 02 November 2006 09:57 AM

sorry to here bubba

get some pics of it up for people to look out for

Sti_Prodrive 02 November 2006 09:59 AM

i wish you all the best in finding it bak !

try this number they might have it .. car data serach !
call them on 0207 747 4747 finger's crossed they might be able to help your out !

tell them where your from & wat your full car regi is

Bubba po 02 November 2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tidgy
sorry to here bubba

get some pics of it up for people to look out for

No way! You'll all take the piss because it's still tangoed and has no stickers on it:mad:

Bubba po 02 November 2006 10:02 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o/DSCF0047.jpg

New_scooby_04 02 November 2006 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Castleford (Wakefield/Leeds) Area

Dark Green Turbo wagon

MY99

Vehicle reg. S189 UUJ

Taken last night, somehow:confused:

Both sets of keys still in my possession.

:cry:

Sorry to hear that Bubba! Sounds like a professional job to me (these can't easy cars to nick, not least cause of the noise they make!) It was most likely stolen to order. Nowt you can do; if the scum want your car that badly, chances are they'll take it. At least you're ok; that's the main thing!

Hope you get the insurance payout quickly and can get back behind the wheel of another scooby soon!

All the best,

Paul

Sti_Prodrive 02 November 2006 10:13 AM

have you given that number i call which i sent to you ???

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Sorry to hear that Bubba! Sounds like a professional job to me (these can't easy cars to nick, not least cause of the noise they make!) It was most likely stolen to order.

there pretty easy to nick if you know how, or at least with standard alarm system, hence y like myself alot of people put different alarm systems in, and then phyiscal barriers (disklocks etc)

Bubba po 02 November 2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sti_Prodrive
have you given that number i call which i sent to you ???

Yes, they've given me a folio no. for the cops. No sign of the car yet. Me new Makita was in the back. :cry:

BrettC 02 November 2006 10:21 AM

Gutted for you mate. :(

Vegescoob 02 November 2006 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
No way! You'll all take the piss because it's still tangoed and has no stickers on it:mad:

I wouldn't for mine is the same.
I'm sorry to hear this, I know how I'd feel.
Trouble is there's nothing any of us can do to stop such happening.
Insurance payouts, even if considered equal to the car's value, are not always restitution for a loved and cared for car.

Kuro 02 November 2006 10:23 AM

It was most likely stolen to order.

What, a '99 Wagon..?:wonder:

No offence intended, but I would suspect that given it's load carrying potential, it wasn't stolen to order.

Look out for a huge hole in the front of your local Curry's/Comet...

Hopefully it's a burned out shell, wouldn't have thought you'd want it back - here's hoping for a decent settlement.

New_scooby_04 02 November 2006 10:23 AM

there pretty easy to nick if you know how, or at least with standard alarm system, hence y like myself alot of people put different alarm systems in, and then phyiscal barriers (disklocks etc)

Me too!! For a professional, I'm sure it's not difficult, but thefts using keys are increasingly common these days which seems to suggest that a) more amateurs are having a go b) the alarms are good enough to make the risk of injury/being caught by attempting to get the owners keys the better option c) the scum like the hands on approach!

It's hard to get the cars away unnoticed in the early hours though, due to the racket they make on start up.

Ns04

Bubba po 02 November 2006 10:24 AM

Mine's a very quiet, standard exhaust. :(

New_scooby_04 02 November 2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kuro
What, a '99 Wagon..?:wonder:

No offence intended, but I would suspect that given it's load carrying potential, it wasn't stolen to order.

Look out for a huge hole in the front of your local Curry's/Comet...

Exactly, stolen to order.. i.e. great car to use in a crime: fast, good load carrying, holds the road well, not too lairy etc..

Ns04

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:24 AM

its easier to sell a car on if you have keys, change the plates and someone will prob buy it on ebay.

if obvious damage to lock etc then people will ask questions

scoobynutta555 02 November 2006 10:27 AM

They tend to push cars away down the road before starting apparently.

New_scooby_04 02 November 2006 10:29 AM

its easier to sell a car on if you have keys, change the plates and someone will prob buy it on ebay.

Point taken, but it wouldn't surprise if these cars were taken straight to "Dodgy Dave's Garage" for the work required to get shot of them, either that or it'll just be used for a bank job/ram raid and dumped quickly.

Anyway, out of respect for Bubba, we shouldn't turn this thread into a lengthy discussion about the motives of the scum. Lets all just hope they get their just deserts very quickly and Bubba gets to move on to an even better car!

Ns04

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:32 AM

Point taken, but it wouldn't surprise if these cars were taken straight to "Dodgy Dave's Garage" for the work required to get shot of them, either that or it'll just be used for a bank job/ram raid and dumped quickly.

Anyway, out of respect for Bubba, we shouldn't turn this thread into a lengthy discussion about the motives of the scum. Lets all just hope they get their just deserts very quickly and Bubba gets to move on to an even better car!

Ns04

yeah mate agree on both counts ;)

hectic 02 November 2006 10:37 AM

EXACTLY!! *ahem* see post # 2 ;)

New_scooby_04 02 November 2006 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by hectic
EXACTLY!! *ahem* see post # 2 ;)

We never said we were original!! ;) :D

Ns04

Bubba po 02 November 2006 10:43 AM

Just spoken to the missis and asked her if she was put off owning an Impreza now. To which she replied "no, no way - we've done nothing wrong!" Besides, we've had the car nearly four years, racked up almost 40k on it and it's NEVER broken down. Now that's what I call reliability. :thumb:
We just need to uprate the security with the next one. Any mint classics going out there? :)

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:45 AM

have a gadner if for sale section mae, some stunners in there ;)

Wonder Wagon 02 November 2006 10:47 AM

Unfortunately stripping parts, to sale on ebay is big business at the moment, so the police will only fine the shell :mad:

Tidgy 02 November 2006 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Wonder Wagon
Unfortunately stripping parts, to sale on ebay is big business at the moment, so the police will only fine the shell :mad:

well lets all hope the culprits cut them selves stripping it, the cuts get infected, they get blood poisening and they die very painful deaths.