ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Best exhaust for classic (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/555137-best-exhaust-for-classic.html)

mike. 31 October 2006 03:59 PM

Best exhaust for classic

This maybe a stupid question but do all classics sound like a jet on hard accelaration, or is it the type of back box you have on there? i have a x reg clsssic with ppp on, the back box is ppp, if it is the type of box is there one that loses the jet noise, but i dont want it to be to loud. :)

The Chief 31 October 2006 04:16 PM

My buddy has a Magnex and that sounds ok.

TBH a lot of it depends on whether you have a full decat or not, a full decat will sound a lot louder.

I'd still say stick with a magnex - a nice bassy deep rumble without upsetting the neighbours too much

EOEUMC 31 October 2006 04:19 PM

I have just bought a Miltek. Are these any good do you know? It's not on the car yet btw :)

rentonone 31 October 2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by mike.
This maybe a stupid question but do all classics sound like a jet on hard accelaration, or is it the type of back box you have on there? i have a x reg clsssic with ppp on, the back box is ppp, if it is the type of box is there one that loses the jet noise, but i dont want it to be to loud. :)

I brought a prodrive backbox for my classic off here and when i put my foot down it made a mad air rushing sound or like you said, a jet. i took it strait off, I now have a prodrive backbox off a newage fitted and it sound perfect with my full decat, nice quiet rumble and sounds quality when i boot it, nice and deep without a rasp.

paul2070 31 October 2006 04:35 PM

I have a Hayward & Scott Back Box and Centre Decat,and mine sounds lovely...............a nice sound on tickover,flat four sound enhanced as the revs rise,but at a steady cruise not much more noticeable than the standard one,plus a noticeable improvement in pickup etc..............perfect................

....... and For Sale:D :D :D

mike. 02 November 2006 03:21 PM

has anyone got a ninja from scoobyworld, if so what are they like??, they have just brought a new one out ninja 2 as well.

austrianscooby 02 November 2006 03:31 PM

what about the blitz nur spec R :norty: a friend has it on a S14a and it sounds really great.. in 1 month i also use this thing..

deanwoodward 02 November 2006 03:34 PM

ive got the ninja and i love it you can hear a few diiferent boxes on scoobyworld for reference

jaytc2003 02 November 2006 04:07 PM

scoobyclinic 4.5 jap style back box with unresonated centre and a tsl grp a decat downpipe (basically a straight through system)
sounds luuurvly

Ian 02 November 2006 06:07 PM

blitz nur spec r

mike. 04 November 2006 10:10 AM

well i went for the ninja 2, what can i say, it sounds brill, :) much better than the prodrive annot to harsh on the hearing inside, well cheers for your help lads :thumb: :thumb: