ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   NEO GEO (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/554687-neo-geo.html)

leonpoole 29 October 2006 07:20 PM

NEO GEO

Anyone on here got one of these ? What do you think of them ?
I must say for a console so old i love mine. I just dont like how expensive some of the games are now (£300ish) :eek2:

boxst 29 October 2006 07:29 PM

Hello

I haven't got one, but used to marvel at people who could afford the £100+ for games (this was 15 years ago) whilst I would cringe at the £25-£30 for my Nintendo.

Steve

leonpoole 29 October 2006 08:00 PM

I thought the games would be a lot cheaper these days but some of them are actually more expensive. I thought i'd buy myself a few games off ebay but almost fainted when i seen some of the prices.
Here is an example
eBay.co.uk: SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL NEW/MINT NEO GEO AES!! (item 300040136400 end time 21-Oct-06 03:28:45 BST) :eek2:

STi wanna Subaru 29 October 2006 08:43 PM

just buy an Xbox and chip it. then download the roms and emulate them.

James Neill 29 October 2006 09:02 PM

Mame plays most neo geo games - and it's free

mattbeef 29 October 2006 10:43 PM

but thats not the point of having an actual neo geo is it though? Its all about the joypad

ChristianR 30 October 2006 07:44 PM

just get an arcade controller for your pc or xbox!

My friend had a neogeo, i remember him paying that much for games back then for it!!

ChristianR 30 October 2006 07:44 PM

just get an arcade controller for your pc or xbox!

My friend had a neogeo, i remember him paying that much for games back then for it!!

P_v_G 30 October 2006 10:40 PM

Buy a Neo GEO CD. The console and games are a lot cheaper... and no protection on the discs. wink wink.

leonpoole 31 October 2006 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by P_v_G
Buy a Neo GEO CD. The console and games are a lot cheaper... and no protection on the discs. wink wink.

They take forever to load though. The Neo Geo CDZ was better as it had a faster drive and more memory but it's still pretty bad, especially on fighting games where you have to wait about a minute between each bout

kingofturds 31 October 2006 08:03 AM

Had a neo geo cd, complete with single speed cd drive:sleep: still waiting for king of fighters 95 to load;)

ex-webby 31 October 2006 08:54 AM

I have both the CD and Cartridge version. Games were awesome at the time and remained so for some years...... look a bit dated now though. :)

Regards,
Shaun.

cottonfoo 31 October 2006 10:19 AM

That game on ebay looks almost mint so that's probably why it's so expensive. Unboxed games might be cheaper, but the Neo Geo is still popular.

leonpoole 31 October 2006 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by webmaster
I have both the CD and Cartridge version. Games were awesome at the time and remained so for some years...... look a bit dated now though. :)

Regards,
Shaun.

Agreed they are beginning to look dated. Can you belive that games were still getting released for the Neo Geo until 2004 :eek2:

EddScott 31 October 2006 11:05 AM

Mates uncle had one. He went to Japan and brought one back - along with a Megadrive with the CD add-on (which didn't hit the UK till about a year later)

The MegaDrive never got a look in. Neo Geo all the way!

TyPe~~R 01 November 2006 09:37 PM

yea I was cleaning out the loft the other day and found my old N64 and Megadrive. I suddenly remembered how good the neo geo was, and thought ill get one cheap on ebay.................I was also amazed at the price still!!!!

Nam75 and sam showdown...............classic