ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Battlefield 2 crashes to desktop (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/553525-battlefield-2-crashes-to-desktop.html)

Daz34 24 October 2006 06:38 PM

Battlefield 2 crashes to desktop

Hi.
Anybody else on here having this problem or know a cure? After anything from 5-30 mins of gameplay it crashes to the desktop with no error shown.
From a search on the net it seems I am one of many.
I've tried a full fresh install with the full 1.4 patch & have my machine running at stock speeds. I've tried various drivers and loosened up my ram timings but nothing seems to cure it :confused:

Athlon 64 3700+
1024mb Crucial Ballistix DDR500
Gainward nvidia 7800GS
Soundblaster Audigy

twistybits 24 October 2006 10:08 PM

am having the exact same thing happen to me, will report back if i work anything out

ScuuBdoo 24 October 2006 10:58 PM

I had the same problem with BF2. I was told by a techie in PC world that the game software was incompatible with my DVD RW drive software. Never played the game again after that.:(

KojaK 24 October 2006 11:42 PM

Same used to happen to me wen installed 1.4 patch,but for some reason now it`s not crashing out to desktop anymore,i did fresh install even rolled back graphics card driver and defragged drive but after that it still kept crashing back to desktop,but like i said now its k weird:confused: (now playing bf2142 seems to be stable)

Daz34 25 October 2006 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by ScuuBdoo
techie in PC world(

Oxymoron alert :freak3: ;)

MJW 25 October 2006 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by KojaK
(now playing bf2142 seems to be stable)

I have exactly the reverse problem ! BF2 is pretty much rock solid, but 2142 crashes every time after 5 mins of play ! It will probably be the last EA game I buy, their quality control is nothing short of pathetic.

Kieran_Burns 25 October 2006 11:16 PM

first thing to try is get all your drivers updated. Video drivers especially but most of all go look for the latest punk buster update... it's *meant* to quietly update in the background but it doesn't. This may be causing the issue

Go here to check:

PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

Daz34 26 October 2006 12:33 AM

I already use PBSetup to manually keep PunkBuster up to date.
All my video, soundcard, chipset etc drivers are also up to date.

Tidgy 26 October 2006 01:07 AM

bf2 has always been a , how shall we put it, tempramental game, might be one of the new drivers causing the issue

Daz34 26 October 2006 02:23 AM

Old drivers, new drivers no difference

badcompany 27 October 2006 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by MJW
I have exactly the reverse problem ! BF2 is pretty much rock solid, but 2142 crashes every time after 5 mins of play ! It will probably be the last EA game I buy, their quality control is nothing short of pathetic.

my 2142 does the same :brickwall i ponder why i still buy there games ..they do rock..but shonky to say the least :mad: