ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   How to avoid washing the car ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/553507-how-to-avoid-washing-the-car.html)

GarethE 24 October 2006 05:48 PM

How to avoid washing the car !

As a few of you will know, yes SSS, Leg@cy (or what ever your name is today :D) and Sammy, washing the car is not top of my list of regular activities, SO, went to book the car in for it's regular 4 monthly wash and service (60,000) - ended up part-exing it against a new STi Spec D. :rolleyes:

Wasn't planning that when I woke up this morning !!

Gareth

turboDean 24 October 2006 05:57 PM

Expensive service then.

GarethE 24 October 2006 05:58 PM

Saved the cost of the 60,000 service though (not really sure if thats a bright side or not) :)

Russ71 24 October 2006 05:58 PM

I hope you wash it :lol1: , that saved you a job cleaning the scoob i'll book the mrs in for a wash in about a month post some pics mate :thumb:

GarethE 24 October 2006 06:02 PM

Cheers Russ, we'll book a date :D

Advantage is that being grey it can go even longer without a wash as opposed to the black :D

Russ71 24 October 2006 06:05 PM

sounds nice mate, see you around.:thumb:

ZippyLane 24 October 2006 06:19 PM

Note to self - Don't do the same..! Congratulations mate..

KJD Mk1 24 October 2006 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by GarethE
As a few of you will know, yes SSS, Leg@cy (or what ever your name is today :D) and Sammy, washing the car is not top of my list of regular activities, SO, went to book the car in for it's regular 4 monthly wash and service (60,000) - ended up part-exing it against a new STi Spec D. :rolleyes:

Wasn't planning that when I woke up this morning !!

Gareth

Gareth, you have clocked up the miles on the oid girl, the last time I seen you was when you were santa hunting on the M4 at magor, :Suspiciou I think it was quite new then.
Have you ordered the same colour?

GarethE 24 October 2006 06:30 PM

The spec D is only available in Gunmetal Grey, so no choice in the matter :)

The car was at the dealers unregistered - so I should pick it up in a few days time

Yep the car was only a few weeks old then - two years ago - doesn't time fly when you're having fun !!!

Silver Scooby Sport 24 October 2006 08:23 PM

Good on you Gareth :thumb: and a couple of months worth of free fuel for you as well ;)

Get your name down for the Castle meet now :cool:

sammyh 24 October 2006 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by GarethE
The spec D is only available in Gunmetal Grey, so no choice in the matter :)

The car was at the dealers unregistered - so I should pick it up in a few days time

Yep the car was only a few weeks old then - two years ago - doesn't time fly when you're having fun !!!

You kept this one a long time :eek:

GarethE 25 October 2006 01:40 AM

Par for the course m8 - it was only the MY00 Prodrive in Mica Red that clocked up 100,000 miles, all the others have gone just prior to the 60,000 mile mark :D :D