ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Are corner baths a bit naff? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/553029-are-corner-baths-a-bit-naff.html)

turboman786 22 October 2006 03:43 PM

Are corner baths a bit naff?

As above!

I am doing up my batroom and am minded to go for a nice corner bath, but I notice that there aren't many out there on the market, and most seem to be stand alone/normal baths......does that mean that corner baths are a thing of the past...

Id hate to spend £000s doing the bathroom up only to find that Ive fitted yesteryears stuff!!

mart360 22 October 2006 03:48 PM

its about personal taste, i,d have a corner bath tommorow we looked at one for our place but opted for a conventional one as the funds were limited

Mart

B9GLY 22 October 2006 03:58 PM

they are nice but dont appeal to many people, not a good option if you are looking to sell the porperty but if you are staying put then why not, its your bath!!!!!!

Shark Man 22 October 2006 04:10 PM

The problem is most UK bathrooms are the size of broom cupboards - especially newer houses. A corner bath wastes space, so demand is low.

My mates house is a perfect example, the previously lady occupier (who severly lacked common sense) fitted it out with huge ruddy corner bath, and thus no room for a shower cubical, or anything else for that.

If you have the space go for it, they look good in a large bathroom, especially if they are sucken into the floor or with the floor built up around it. Not to mention the jacuzzi :D

Just don't have it in Indian Ivory...sooo 1991 ;)

turboman786 22 October 2006 04:14 PM

I think Shark man has hit the nail on the head! Modern houses, even the so called 'exec' ones are built to such a tight fit, ie bloody small, that corner baths may well seem inefficient....

My bathroom is quite big (11ft x 9ft) and therfore space isnt really an issue...its more a cse of how to fill it up!!

ScoobLou 22 October 2006 04:30 PM

Corner baths are great, get one :D

Shark Man 22 October 2006 05:30 PM

Good for sharing baths btw :norty: ;)

ScoobyDoo555 22 October 2006 05:58 PM

I've jsut ripped mine out - too big. It was in the house prior to us moving in, and was installed because the previous owners were UBER "lard-a$$es" :D

It had some interest for a while but some became cumbersome and annoying.

Couldn't wait to chuck it down the tip :D

Dan

Funkii Munkii 22 October 2006 07:19 PM

You and the misses, side by side, a bottle of champers and some nice candles on, you know the rest, naff ?? no chance.., first thing did when I renovated the house, got the biggest fook off corner bath I could find, the kids think it's a pool, taught them to swim in that thing :)

Suresh 22 October 2006 07:28 PM

We have a decent-sized corner bath/whirlpool. We had it installed in 2003 and use it at least twice a month. Cleaning the jets is a pain in the ar$e as you have to fill and drain the bath twice before its ready for use. Capacity is around 200 litres, so this takes a while. :o

Brendan Hughes 23 October 2006 09:40 AM

Most of the ones I saw are actually physically shorter than a normal bath, so form over function. I think they deserve any image problem they might have.

My (non-corner) bath is a bit longer and a lot wider than normal, with a plughole in the middle and taps wall-mounted. Much more accommodating.

Leslie 23 October 2006 11:10 AM

Why bother about so called fashion, get the bath that will do the job best for you-thats what is important rather than try to impress others surely!

Les

LG John 23 October 2006 12:54 PM

My mate has one and his bathroom is more than big enough to pull it off. He's horsed his fair share of lassies in it which is indicative of the usefulness of the space. Horsing in a conventional 1700x700 bath is a nightmare that usually results in a near drowing incident :D

LongTimeLurker 23 October 2006 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
got the biggest fook off corner bath I could find, the kids think it's a pool

Ditto to that, my lad loves it and works well for me and the missus ;).

OllyK 23 October 2006 02:29 PM

Are corner baths a bit naff?

Yup - certainly are. However, if you're putting in because you like it, then what's the problem, go for it? If you're putting it in a house you're selling in the hope of getting more money, I wouldn't bother.

Jay m A 23 October 2006 02:45 PM

We've got a 1800x800 bath with centre mounted taps, two can share easily and it doesn't take up that much space :) But if you have the room go for it

Apparition 23 October 2006 06:34 PM

Like Jay says.... that's the best option. We once had a corner bath and TQH it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. No more room in it that a normal long one. We are considering an 1800 x 800 one now. No rush tho' now we have the tub in the garden.:D
Yve

JenniP1 23 October 2006 07:22 PM

Corner baths are a must....more room for another person :norty:

:lol1:

Vegescoob 23 October 2006 09:44 PM

Compulsory water meters just around the corner folks.
Then of course the price of water will rocket.
Scarce resource, save the planet blah, blah.

Shark Man 23 October 2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
Compulsory water meters just around the corner folks.
Then of course the price of water will rocket.
Scarce resource, save the planet blah, blah.

More the reason to have a large bath to share with a partner :norty: