ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Its started, another stealth tax on the motorist. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/552694-its-started-another-stealth-tax-on-the-motorist.html)

mart360 20 October 2006 09:27 PM

Its started, another stealth tax on the motorist.

Car News | MSN Cars UK - Congestion charge to hit motorways
the sooner this mob is out the better

Mart:(

stilover 20 October 2006 09:51 PM

They want to charge motorists to use motorways, so it eases congestion?

Well I for one thinks it will work.

We'll drive on the back roads instead and clog up all the Towns & Villages instead.

Well done Labour !! :rolleyes:

scoobchrissy 20 October 2006 09:55 PM

W%$&ers :mad:

_RIP_ 20 October 2006 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by stilover
They want to charge motorists to use motorways, so it eases congestion?

Well I for one thinks it will work.

We'll drive on the back roads instead and clog up all the Towns & Villages instead.

Well done Labour !! :rolleyes:

Doubt you could clog these up any more tbo. Even on a motorbike it's hard to make 'good progress' due to congestion. We're ****$d. :freak3:

Perhaps if the moronic f***witZ could understand lane discipline on the m/ways these measures wouldnt be required. Fat chance...

scoobynutta555 21 October 2006 08:18 AM

I liked the part about the Dartford crossing. They are RAISING the toll by a massive 50% yet previously pledged to scrap the tolls once the crossings were paid for, some 3 years ago they were paid for.

What fcuking planet are these people on?

Shark Man 21 October 2006 10:56 AM

Apply a congestion charge to the middle lane on a £ per mile basis.

That'll sort it :D ;)

Leslie 21 October 2006 11:42 AM

yet another stealth tax to add to the £451 million they are taking off us already!

Les :(

logiclee 21 October 2006 07:13 PM

But will us motorists be better with the Tories?

The new tax policy "Proposal" seems to want to keep the total tax burden the same but cut the base rate, reduce higher rate tax and abolish other taxes.
The ££Billions shortfall will mostly be claimed back on green taxes mainly aimed at gas guzzling cars and road users.

Cheers
Lee

Vegescoob 21 October 2006 09:29 PM

Infrastructure.
Essential for modern economies.
Which is why the economies of the East are getting on and are building theirs.
Here, although the population is forecast to grow by what, some six million in the next twenty, or is it less, years, the Government seems to think that somehow "rationing" will provide the solution.

Petem95 21 October 2006 10:56 PM

Its just Labour's all-for-now fcuk tomorrow policy :mad:

They've allowed immigrants to flood into this country to keep down wage inflation, so interest rates can remain low, and the house price boom and hence consumer borrowing frenzy can go on.

However the countries infrastructure cannot cope with all these extra people, and nor can the NHS or the welfare system. Just imagine the cost of all the extra pensions, when they cant barely afford to pay out the current pensions... and despite that Brown still stole 40billion from the UK's pension funds a few years back :mad:

Labour have screwed this country, but few (well ok increasing numbers now realising) seem to know the extent.

Theyre running the country like someone who earns 30k, but spends 60k per year by borrowing 15k per year, and spending 15k of their savings - clearly it will leave them screwed at some point, and the longer it goes on the more screwed they'll be.... :Whatever_

They'll need to find a hell of a lot more money than road charging will bring in. Expect massive tax hikes from Labour over the next few years - and even if the Tories get in they'll have to clean up Labours mess somehow, so big tax hikes from them too I expect :(

Leslie 22 October 2006 11:57 AM

Good post Petem, it would make an enormous difference to get rid of the totally useless, incompetent bureaurocracy which is draining our taxes for a start.

Les :(

scoobynewblood 22 October 2006 12:54 PM

Hi guys
just to add my bit all this talk about charging the motorist. what about all the bl***** foreign lorries that tear up our roads,it has been put to the government to charge all foreign vehicles as they enter the country like they do on the continent, but again because the limp wristed labour government anre too scared to upset Brussels they keep putting this on the back burner.

the sooner we get a government with a backbone the better, I know she was contraversial but Maggie wuld sort them out!

Boy this subject makes my blood boil:norty: :norty:

Chip 22 October 2006 01:16 PM

At leastwhen the Tories wre in they built new roads. This lot hasnt laid an inch of new tarmac since it came to power.

July 30 2000
Mr Prescott issues a roads policy statement, abandoning or postponing 103 of the 140 road-building or widening schemes left over from the Conservative government

Chip