ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Advice (where to go etc) going out in London (city) on a Weds (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/552628-advice-where-to-go-etc-going-out-in-london-city-on-a-weds.html)

Nat 20 October 2006 05:15 PM

Advice (where to go etc) going out in London (city) on a Weds

A friend is on a course all next week in the city and i'm going down with a view to shopping/going to a couple of gallerys in the day (wed and thu) and going out on the lash with him on Weds night.

Never really been out in the city (and close by, shoreditch, brick lane etc) midweek and was wondering if anyone could reccomend some decent places to eat and decent bars/clubs with good nights on on a Weds?

Cheers!

AudiLover 20 October 2006 05:17 PM

angel has plenty or restaurants/bars

106rallye 21 October 2006 12:57 PM

Wednesday night is a difficult one club wise - only places that will be really busy will be the tourist traps in soho, covent garden etc. - doubt you will find any of the 'proper' clubs open, Best of a bad bunch is probably 'the loop bar' imho avoid places like tiger tiger, strawberry moons etc if possible!

If you want to stay more east i would check out the tabernacle - they have a restaurant a good bar and a small club downstairs its just off old street on tabernacle street i think? Tabernacle Bar London (Shoreditch) - shuts at 12 though

Depending on budget - le tois garcons restaurant is supposed to be good - very eccentric, same people also own loungelovers which is a good cocktail bar but you pay for the 'priviledge' they are both near brick lane. Les Trois Garcons*London - Restaurant Review and Information

I have invested a lot of time and money in my knowledge of london nightlife ;) so let me know some more information eg. budget, music type, pub or bar, what sort of food etc. and i will do my best to reccomend you some more places

Sure you will have fun whatever though!

Andy

Nat 21 October 2006 01:12 PM

Cheers!

We were planning on staying round the city and nearby and not bothering to go to the west end.

Budget is enough to have a good time but we don't really want to go to places where you pay through the nose just for the sake of being there if you know what i mean. Will make exceptions if the place is really good though.

Any music type really other than r+b, hip-hop etc. Wouldn't mind some good house though but know it's going to be hard finding stuff on a Weds.

I wouldn't mind a nice italian food wise but not the usual pizza express type place. Curry houses also obviously a distinct posibility.

Would like to start at a nice restaurant or bar/restaurant type place, hit a bar or two, woudl be nice to go to some modern/funky bars that are busy with decent crowd there and then maybe a club. Or a decent bar/club if there's any around.

My london bar/club knowldge is mostly based around going out on Fri/Sat night and messy sunday morning/afternoon after parties and carry ons ;)

2000TLondon 21 October 2006 11:52 PM

If you are in the city, head to Browns, The Axe, Metropolis or The Griffin.

Browns / The Griffin

lpski1 22 October 2006 12:05 AM

The Axe :o what a hole

Metropolis :thumb:

I was in Tabernacle on Thursday night for Formula's weekly event :cool:

Formula City - DontStayIn

106rallye 24 October 2006 08:10 PM

just seen in one of the two wierd free papers that have suddenly popped up on every street corner in london there is a listing of club nights etc on so you might find something!

Andy

Kermit 24 October 2006 09:29 PM

Ye ol' Axe wound... lovely establishment! NOT!

Don't forget sophisticats... about 70 quid for a bottle of champers :D

Browns is ok.....

J.

Dan J 25 October 2006 12:19 AM

Umbaba is a good night on a Wednesday in town.

ESH 25 October 2006 01:09 AM

If you are close to shoreditch go to Hoxton Square. It has about 4 bars and eateries too.

I'll be there with friends from Yorkshire too this wed night.

Cargo on Rivington Street EC1 is also v. good. Not too sure what they will be playing but worth a look.

Regards

Esh

falkster 25 October 2006 01:22 AM

Depends what you want!

Theres a cracking bar called the Warwick not far from Pic circus. Great atmosphere and not bad priced either

AudiHater 25 October 2006 07:24 AM

Smiths of Smithfields (Top Floor) is good for steak.