ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PULLED OVER TWICE IN 4 MILES (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/552611-pulled-over-twice-in-4-miles.html)

scoobywrxuk300 20 October 2006 03:37 PM

PULLED OVER TWICE IN 4 MILES

Hi fello scoobyers

I was leaving Harrogate the other evening, well early hours, Having passed a parked STI, I soon noticed it following me..! After several miles it put ite blue flashing lights on, How annoying i thought, It was foggy, im totally legal, driving according to speed limits etc..
I pulled over, turned off and stepped out.
2 officers approached me, and explained why they had stopped me.
Car theft...!

They checked my details etc... back on my way, whilst driving off i thought about the event...

3 miles later but in different county, i noticed yet another scooby pull out after me, i pulled in straight away, said hi, and back on my way

My inital thoughts with the 1st event when i noticed was, im being victimised here,
after talking to the officers when they pulled me, i instantly had a change of thought...
The 2nd event, did not alter my new thoughts at all either...!

overall, two pleasant experiences with four decent fellas doing a cracking job...!:luxhello: :thumb:

Jay m A 20 October 2006 03:41 PM

Pulled by 2 unmarked scoobies? spooky!

alcazar 20 October 2006 03:43 PM

Four DECENT traffic cops? Spooky :D

Alcazar

whitepilgrim 20 October 2006 03:49 PM

Harrogate still posh then:D

Hol 20 October 2006 03:50 PM

You'd expect to get pulled if you HAD sped past them, and Id rather be pulled twice in a routine check, than risk some scrote waving at them whilst he drove by in my stolen Scooby.

Small price to pay. IMHO

If its our car and we have insurance and Tax, nothing to fear.

Unless you have 20kg of Jamacan Woodbines or a dead body in the boot. Then it could be a problem.

richiewong 20 October 2006 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar
Four DECENT traffic cops? Spooky :D

Alcazar

PMSL:D:D:D

scoobywrxuk300 20 October 2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by whitepilgrim
Harrogate still posh then:D

A place is as nice as the people who live in it...:norty:

RMA26 20 October 2006 04:04 PM

North & West Yorkshire coppers then?

scoobywrxuk300 20 October 2006 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by RMA26
North & West Yorkshire coppers then?

Yes mr......! Whatever people think of the traffic police...the point to this posting, was to highlight, that in these events, they were people doing a job that ok hindered my journey, but was for a good cause...!

RMA26 20 October 2006 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywrxuk300
Yes mr......! Whatever people think of the traffic police...the point to this posting, was to highlight, that in these events, they were people doing a job that ok hindered my journey, but was for a good cause...!

Indeed:thumb:

Dazza01 20 October 2006 04:19 PM

Im stopped nearly every sat morning on the way home from work (airport) as many cars are nicked from here, the police are always sus of scoobies leaving in the early hrs, but fair play to them, there's no harm done and within minutes im on my way, cos i have my airside pass along with airside driving licence so i can prove who i am and also have the keys to my car which helps :D

scoobywrxuk300 20 October 2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Im stopped nearly every sat morning on the way home from work (airport) as many cars are nicked from here, the police are always sus of scoobies leaving in the early hrs, but fair play to them, there's no harm done and within minutes im on my way, cos i have my airside pass along with airside driving licence so i can prove who i am and also have the keys to my car which helps :D

Il look out for you mr...did you mention which runway you use???? lol:lol1:

Dazza01 20 October 2006 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywrxuk300
Il look out for you mr...did you mention which runway you use???? lol:lol1:

pmsl, :lol1: the one in the back ground :D
http://www.nemacargo.com/images/normal/4_55.jpg

scoobywrxuk300 20 October 2006 04:57 PM

pmsl, :lol1: the one in the back ground :D
http://www.nemacargo.com/images/normal/4_55.jpg

one hell of a rear wing fella...:notworthy

webby v7 slipperwagon 20 October 2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hol
You'd expect to get pulled if you HAD sped past them, and Id rather be pulled twice in a routine check, than risk some scrote waving at them whilst he drove by in my stolen Scooby.

Small price to pay. IMHO

If its our car and we have insurance and Tax, nothing to fear.

Unless you have 20kg of Jamacan Woodbines or a dead body in the boot. Then it could be a problem.

The way things are going there could be the latter of the two in mine

5cby 20 October 2006 06:43 PM

so you got stopped by a scrot in a scoob
who seen you driving a scoob and thought feck it ill stop him coz hes got a scoob
so the moral of the story is?????

steve

andythejock01wrx 20 October 2006 06:49 PM

"Is it cos I is black ?" :lol1:

M555JHE 20 October 2006 06:50 PM

if i get stopped by a scoob around here i wud suspect a car jacking attempt!:nono:

scoobywrxuk300 20 October 2006 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by 5cby
so you got stopped by a scrot in a scoob
who seen you driving a scoob and thought feck it ill stop him coz hes got a scoob
so the moral of the story is?????

steve

well... moral?
just pointing out that i thought the worst, but soon realised this minor inconvienience, might just have saved me £££££'s and :cry:

M555JHE 20 October 2006 07:22 PM

i wud have thought the worst too, had my foot on clutch ready in gear..... wud need to see loads if i d before stepping out thats for sure, but it is good to see then doing their job, protecting us.:thumb:

5cby 20 October 2006 08:04 PM

STOP FOR NOBODY
my missus learnt the hard way the other week and had the tints ripped off the car(yes i know the tints shouldnt have been on the car)
would not have happened if she was a muslim????????????
steve

scoobywrxuk300 20 October 2006 08:58 PM

STOP FOR NOBODY
my missus learnt the hard way the other week and had the tints ripped off the car(yes i know the tints shouldnt have been on the car)
steve

Who ripped the tints off Mr?

RAF1 20 October 2006 09:16 PM

steve

get over it mate - if the tints were illegal they were illegal and got ripped off tough ***T - several of my friends HAVE had their tints cut with a blade by officers because they were too dark.... do the crime pay the time and all that. Same as illegally styled number plates - You ARE breaking the law by having 10 screws on the number plate to make up your name then get p'd off when you get stopped by the police for having them not spaced correctly..

Raf.

Robin Mullan 20 October 2006 09:17 PM

I'd love to get pulled off twice in 4 miles, or did i read that incorrectly. :norty:

M555JHE 20 October 2006 09:23 PM

:lol1:

Dazza01 20 October 2006 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by RAF1
get over it mate - if the tints were illegal they were illegal and got ripped off tough ***T - several of my friends HAVE had their tints cut with a blade by officers because they were too dark.... do the crime pay the time and all that. Same as illegally styled number plates - You ARE breaking the law by having 10 screws on the number plate to make up your name then get p'd off when you get stopped by the police for having them not spaced correctly..

Raf.

Can they actually do this ? i was told they have no right to make you take them off there and then, but have to issue you with a 14 defect notice to have them removed or face court action ??

any Polite officer on here who could clarify this for me please.

Yes mine drivers windows are tinted but only to 25% so within the law :D

stevebennett 20 October 2006 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by RAF1

Raf.

Police have to issue a correction notice, 14 days to present a MOT Retest to prove car is roadworthy.

monkeyboy840 20 October 2006 11:34 PM

Can they actually do this ? i was told they have no right to make you take them off there and then, but have to issue you with a 14 defect notice to have them removed or face court action ??

any Polite officer on here who could clarify this for me please.

Yes mine drivers windows are tinted but only to 25% so within the law :D

basically if you dont remove the tint when they ask they can issue a prohibition notice. this means the car goes nowhere until the tints are removed so its easier just to remove em. we all know there illegal its just a bummer when we get caught.

dazza be careful with the 25% tint as most windows are already tinted slightly so that plus your 25% may take it over the 30% threshold.

hope that helps.

scoobywrxuk300 21 October 2006 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Pulled by 2 unmarked scoobies? spooky!

one blue sti unmarked... and two silver sti,s, in the force's:eek: racing colours...!

T_H_E__c_R_O_W 21 October 2006 01:31 PM

Good stuff,

I used to get stopped lots when was younger driving about town 3am etc. but i was more than happy as they were just checking some dirty begger hadnt stolen my pride and joy.

But lucky you didnt try to give them a wee blast, could of turned out a bad race.