ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Decat to SportsCat - your views (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/552535-decat-to-sportscat-your-views.html)

Scott.T 20 October 2006 09:11 AM

Decat to SportsCat - your views

Interested in any views/opinions from people that have swapped from a full decat to a sportscat.

after a 3rd year of swapping cat pipes in/out for MOT's, me thinks it's about time I got a sports cat. Probably the £299 Ninja from ScoobyWorld.

who's done this ?
did you notice and difference in performance ?
did you notice any different in noise ?

It took me quite a while to get my Scoob sounding just right, so don't really want to mess this up by fitting a SportCat if it's going to dumb things down too much.

I'm currently running with the standard cat as had MOT ealier in the week, and it's oh! so quiet.....

rentonone 20 October 2006 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scott.T
Interested in any views/opinions from people that have swapped from a full decat to a sportscat.

after a 3rd year of swapping cat pipes in/out for MOT's, me thinks it's about time I got a sports cat. Probably the £299 Ninja from ScoobyWorld.

who's done this ?
did you notice and difference in performance ?
did you notice any different in noise ?

It took me quite a while to get my Scoob sounding just right, so don't really want to mess this up by fitting a SportCat if it's going to dumb things down too much.

I'm currently running with the standard cat as had MOT ealier in the week, and it's oh! so quiet.....

which cat did you put back in? ive got a full decat but i put the centre cat back in a couple of days ago for the mot. i did'nt notice any difference in sound or performance although i did change it back over as it did look quite restrictive inside, it only takes me 10 mins to change it over now and its only once a year so it dosnt really bother me.

Varboy 20 October 2006 02:58 PM

I noticed that the sound of the turbo spooling up was a lot quieter when I fitted the Prodrive sports cat after the decat.

seemed a little less happy to spool as well but this was probably my imagination

ZEN Performance 20 October 2006 03:56 PM

go for it. A good sports cat costs less than 10hp, and is more than worth it for the reduced hassle, not to mention supposedly being better for the environment.

911 20 October 2006 04:13 PM

You do not list a sports 3'' for a classic Paul on your site, but can you supply one/cost etc?
Will go sport cat for next year.

Graham

scantsmcj 20 October 2006 05:41 PM

Hayward and Scott quote only a 2hp loss between decat and sports cat

Tony01 20 October 2006 05:52 PM

sport's cat

Hi there scott just had sports cat fitted today and what a difference it is, and the sound its louder, and its ten times faster before the car held back, go for it you will be happy with it, tony01:thumb: